3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Steering Stabilizer -- Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering Stabilizer -- Recommendations?

I just ordered a Lorenz 2.25 system with the dual leaf upgrade, and now I'm looking for a steering stabilizer. I'll be running 37" Toyo MTs, so I probably need something a little more robust than stock.

The problem is, I can't find anything available to fit my application. I like the Carli/Defiant dual setup (even though it's a little pricey), but I understand that it won't work with the MagHytec front diff cover I have.

It looks like Don Thuren, Kore, and Radflo offer a single stabilizer design that will work with the MagHytec, but they all mount in a location similar to the stock setup. Last time I went offroad on some mild trails, I came back with a dented and bent OEM stabilizer, so I'd like to go with something that is in a more protected location, or has a guard incorporated with it. I'd hate to repeatedly spend $250 - $300 for an upgraded single because of it being the lowest hanging part on the front end.

Does anyone know of a product that will work? Any experience with the Superlift SS select series? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Does a dual Carli/Defiant setup exist that will work with the MagHytec?

Thanks, Eric
Old 11-08-2007, 11:21 AM

No matter which you bolt up the damper is exposed, even the Defiant dual setup.

The only one I know of that for sure won't hit the Mag-Hytech is Defiant's single setup. Check it out here.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

Thanks Pauly. You're running Thuren's Fox stabilizer right? Do you know if it will clear the front diff MagHytec? I know it is somewhat longer than the stocker, but does it extend as far as the front diff? --Eric
Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 AM

Yeah, I have Don's setup.

It looks like it will clear. There's some adjustment in the angle of the drag link mount that make me think it will clear, but I haven't seen the Mag cover close enough to know for sure.

When you get a chance, run out and take some measurements and I'll compare them to my truck and maybe we can figure out if it will fit or not. Turn your wheels all the way to the left and see how close the drag link comes to the cover.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

I used both Thurens's Fox and now Defiant Sinlge Stabilizer. Thurens made my truck's front end a little loose feeling (pulling left or right depending on presssure). Played w/ different pressures and no go. So I decided to go w/ Defiant single. I went w/ the single instead of duals after talking to Paul at Defiant and Glenn at Radflo. Both basically said how I drive my truck and w/ 35" tires. The single will be efficient. Granted if I was taking my truck off road and gnarly places every week. I would defianetly go w/ the duals from Defiant.

It works good and more durable than the stocker. Paul Fox said the shock is between an Emulsion and IFP using both concepts.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:54 AM

don't know if it will fit w/mag hytec but the superlift dual ss has worked great for me. dead on tracking w/35's, heavy bumper, and 12,000 lb. winch and absolutely no bump steer.