3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Stacks; yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacks; yes or no?

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure which one to put it in. Now on to the subject...... I have replaced all of the chrome on my truck recently with black with the exception of the toolbox. I am leaving te bull bar and step bars chrome for now. I have the toolbox at a line-x dealer right now waiting to be line-xed but I have another idea. Do you guys think my truck would look better with stacks instead of a toolbox? If I went stacks I would want dual 6" mitered stacks either chrome or black. Not sure if I like black stacks yet. I think black chrome would be awesome. Gimme some opinions......

In the attached pic I photoshopped the black Moto Metal 951's on my truck. I have the chrome ones and I am swapping over to the black ones for now. I also have smoked cab lights, black bed rails, and smoked LED tails, but I don't have an updated pic of all that. What do you guys think? Stacks or back to a line-xed toolbox?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...hp?photo=30363
Old 07-09-2007, 10:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you need to photoshop chrome and black stacks on so we can compare....now that you have all that black on your truck my vote would be black stacks....and not just cause mine is black
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM

Yeah I'm working on the photoshop deal. The only reason I was able to half-way photoshop the wheels was because I already have the chrome wheels in that exact same size and style!

Any photoshop help would be great.......
Old 07-09-2007, 10:58 PM

i THINK IT WOULD LOOK GOOD BRO.IF YOU WANT THEM GO FOR IT.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:42 AM
wap

I think stacks would get good but (dont take this the wrong way) you need either chrome or black IMO. Chrome steps, black wheels, black box, and chrome bar just get kina confusing to me.

With a red truck you can go either way, black or chrome. But you need to pick one and go with it.

I would do chrome wheels, and factory chrome bumpers, and other than that have all black accessories. I cant say that I have seen a truck in red like that but I think it would work.

Just my .02

PS, I may be in AU this weekend if you need me to take a look in person
Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 AM

I guess I'm gonna do the toolbox for now and maybe the stacks later on; not really sure if stacks would work on my particular truck.

Originally Posted by wap
I think stacks would get good but (dont take this the wrong way) you need either chrome or black IMO. Chrome steps, black wheels, black box, and chrome bar just get kina confusing to me.

With a red truck you can go either way, black or chrome. But you need to pick one and go with it.

I would do chrome wheels, and factory chrome bumpers, and other than that have all black accessories. I cant say that I have seen a truck in red like that but I think it would work.

Just my .02

PS, I may be in AU this weekend if you need me to take a look in person
Wap.... yeah my truck is a little confusing right now because it is in the "stages" of being converted to all black. Once I get through this week, It'll still have chrome wheels, chrome step bars, and a chrome bullbar. I think I'm actually going to take the step bars off of it for now to see if I like it without bars. It would only have the bullbar and wheels on it then. The bullbar being chrome flows with the black accessories better than you would think actually. It has the black "inserts" (that's what I call them) on either side of the center bar and I have a pair of Titanium KC driving lights mounted on the bar with black stone guards. It looks better than it sounds. As for the chrome bumpers, my truck is a sport model so I don't have any chrome on my bumpers whatsoever. They are all painted......

Unfortunately I won't be in town this weekend. I'm going up to visit some family in the Muscle Shoals area for the weekend. Dang! It always seems like I'm going somewhere when someone wants to drop by. This makes 3 times in a row!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:09 AM
wap

I am only about an hour from AU, I am there quite a bit, not as much as I used to be since I am done with school but still there often.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:31 AM

I am more of a fan of chrome,, I think that chrome would look good on your truck! IMO, black is gettin over done these days.

Kevin
Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by morkable
I am more of a fan of chrome,, I think that chrome would look good on your truck! IMO, black is gettin over done these days.

Kevin
i have to agree never go wrong with chrome.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Banned

Do the toolbox and stack.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:51 AM

I would go with toolbox and stacks. That is how I did mine. Sorry, I dont have any pics.