3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Stacking Edge Got Juice on CR-555

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stacking Edge "HOT" Juice on CR-555

What are you using for the stack? And are you having any trouble with it?

Reason I want to know is my stock turbo isn't happy with the hot juice. Problem is, with the Juice's "cold engine protection" you don't get more than stock fueling till the coolant reaches 172*F and stock fueling isn't enough to light a larger turbo (an Industrial Injection SPS-62 or equiv.). I figured a simple stack with a programmer would deliver enough fuel while the engine was "cold" (under 172*) to light a larger turbo for normal driving and the hot Juice can take over when I want to blow some smoke!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my 04 I stacked bullydog with hot juice. Never had any problems, it made great power.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:23 PM

I tried the bullydog and juice stack worked ok,, but the diablosport and the hot juice play very well together. You will probably need a clutch upgrade though.

One point though, I wouldnt think it would be a good thing to push your truck til it fully warms up anyways. I never push my truck until it is up to full operating temp.

Kevin
Old 09-12-2007, 09:14 PM

Already got the clutch. I just want enough extra fueling to light the turbo. 50-60hp while the engine is "cold". Once things are warmed up, I can lean into it with the hot juice if I want. Thought about some 50hp injectors, but a programmer is a lot less expensive. I don't have any experience with diablosport stuff. I trust you're talking about the Predator?

Also, what does the hot juice modify to get the extra power? Timing and duration or is there a little pressure increase also?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:17 PM

Funny.. I had the same dilmena. I didn't mind the cold protection, but I wanted about 50 more hp.
Bought and installed the Predator this week. Installed 40hp tow tune. Supposedly, it doesn't do timing. Everything seems ok for now, no issues. There is more bottom end, which was my only complaint!
So far, I would recommend it. Plus, you can find them new around $285.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

I can spool my turbo With stock fueling. It's not as bad as I thought. You might want to put that into consideration Before you spend cash, unless yuor just a diesel addict like the rest of us. but stock fueling will fore sure spool a 62-12 or 62-14 with out losing much driveability
my .02
Old 09-13-2007, 01:11 AM

a 62 14 isnt a very big turbo. I was able to spool my silverbullet with stock fueling....

Kevin
Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 AM

I have a stock turbo, but can say this: The Juice and Diablo Predator are VERY nice together. It is unbeleivable how well and smooth they work together
Old 09-13-2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dude
What are you using for the stack? And are you having any trouble with it?

Reason I want to know is my stock turbo isn't happy with the hot juice. Problem is, with the Juice's "cold engine protection" you don't get more than stock fueling till the coolant reaches 172*F and stock fueling isn't enough to light a larger turbo (an Industrial Injection SPS-62 or equiv.). I figured a simple stack with a programmer would deliver enough fuel while the engine was "cold" (under 172*) to light a larger turbo for normal driving and the hot Juice can take over when I want to blow some smoke!
I'm not sure what your issue is...

I garner that you're looking for a bigger turbo, but you're concerned with stock-fueling drivability.

I had a SPS66 on my '03 HO handshaker, and I could drive around all day on stock fueling with no issues. Even more so with the SPS62 that I later ran. Sure, there's some lag, but it didn't bother me with the six-speed.

I'm not sure you want to light the turbo when the motor is cold. The stock turbo lights and peaks at 24psi or so. The SPS66 would light at somewhere around 12psi and plain rip to 55-60psi, almost uncontrollably. Not something I would want to do with a cold motor.

The 62 was far more controllable, and lit around 5-7 psi. I could easily manage boost with the throttle. I really preferred the 62, as it stayed ahead of the EGT's.

If you're looking for a downloader, the Smarty is the only one to get! It fueled enough on the bottom to spool either turbo, even on low settings. The only side-effect is smoke. If you can deal with it, then run it!

I've been around the block a few times with boxes, downloaders and various hard parts on my '03. The Smarty was THE single-best power adder I have ever used. The second best power adder (and THE best plug-in module) is the TST PMCR.

Careful what you stack that Juice with. On the SO/HO trucks it also increased rail pressure, so stay away from anything that adds pressure.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:13 PM

Thanks a lot guys. You've all been a big help. I believe I'll go ahead and get the turbo first. If I have any drivability issues, I'll worry about extra fueling then.