3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Stack with triple dog?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stack with triple dog?

Ok i decided to stack the truck to try and get some bottom end. Seems like everyone is either goin ez or mp-8 with bddl. I want the ups and downs and dos and donts i was under the impression my bddl did both pressure and timing am i wrong? if so which one does it do and isnt it not recomened to stack timing boxes? And isnt it also hard on injectors to have a bunch of rail pressure from stacked pressure? Also how about injectors for more lowend? i dont care if it smokes cuz its nothing like my last truck.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by diggity dodge
Ok i decided to stack the truck to try and get some bottom end. Seems like everyone is either goin ez or mp-8 with bddl. I want the ups and downs and dos and donts i was under the impression my bddl did both pressure and timing am i wrong? if so which one does it do and isnt it not recomened to stack timing boxes? And isnt it also hard on injectors to have a bunch of rail pressure from stacked pressure? Also how about injectors for more lowend? i dont care if it smokes cuz its nothing like my last truck.
Bullydog/EZ/Boost Fooler

Bullydog/MP8

Bullydog/Quadzilla XZT w/ pressure only tune (has the best sotp feel)
Old 04-19-2007, 01:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm stacking the EZ with my Triple Dog and love it. I run the EZ on either setting #1 or #2...so not to put AS MUCH pressure on the injectors. I keep the Triple Dog on Tow/Haul or Performance...depending on what I'm doing. Excessive rail pressure will decrease injector longevity but I would think as long as you dont go crazy like running the Triple Dog and whatever box you get on the higher settings....should be OK.

I've ran the EZ for almost 30k miles with no issues except for a failed lift pump which are a POS in our trucks.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 AM

What kind of bottom-end performance are we talking about with the EZ or MP8 stack? Is it anything like the BDDL CL tune with low-end torque enabled?

I just wasted $380 on a Predator w/PowerPuck purchase. It does no better than my current BDDL CL tune and has surging issues. I think I will swap it for the MP8 or EZ box. Any opinions?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:56 AM

Triple Dog with Quad Std. here. Runs like a ****! If only I had a tranny to support the power.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:09 AM

Have you tried the "add low-end power" option yet? I updated my triple dog and was loading it back on to the computer- right after you press the left button for auto trans, it asked me if I wanted to turn on low end power.
I did, and it seems to add a lot of low end fueling- turbo spins up faster, but it barks very easily, a lot more throttle response at low RPM's, and a lot more smoke down low. I have to feather the throttle on a 5 PSI 2WD launch, or I can burn my 35's down to nothing.

This option seems to be different than the torque management- since I still have the option to turn on the TQ mgt with the "low end power" enabled.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:15 AM

I tried the low-end power and removed it immediately. Yeah, it made tons of power down low, but it made it tough to drive, and there was no way I was going to let my wife drive the truck that way!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
there was no way I was going to let my wife drive the truck that way!
No kidding, my wife gets sideways enough on normal performance settings :-p

I'm not sure you'll need more low end power from stacking, there seems to be a lot of fuel going through with that option turned on.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:00 PM

Problem with the low-end power option is the damage it does to the tranny. I have a built Goerend tranny and am afraid to run the low-end power option.

That is why I want to know how much low-end power the Edge EZ or TS MP8 boxes add.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crazy larry EZ stack got me to a 12.45@109 i like it!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rkelley
Problem with the low-end power option is the damage it does to the tranny. I have a built Goerend tranny and am afraid to run the low-end power option.

That is why I want to know how much low-end power the Edge EZ or TS MP8 boxes add.
Yes....lots of power and torque down low is horrible on trannies since the line pressure isn't up yet.

What kind of bottom-end performance are we talking about with the EZ or MP8 stack? Is it anything like the BDDL CL tune with low-end torque enabled?

I just wasted $380 on a Predator w/PowerPuck purchase. It does no better than my current BDDL CL tune and has surging issues. I think I will swap it for the MP8 or EZ box. Any opinions?
SOTP tells me an MP8 and a dyno would prove that. However, my Quad XZT pressure only tune has the best SOTP of the 3. I have owned 2 MP8's, 2 EZ's, and my Quad XZT.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
SOTP tells me an MP8 and a dyno would prove that. However, my Quad XZT pressure only tune has the best SOTP of the 3. I have owned 2 MP8's, 2 EZ's, and my Quad XZT.

Thanks for the info. What exactly this the name for the Quad XZT part? Is it the Xzillaraider XZT 65hp tow module? Or, something else?

Thanks...
Old 04-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info. What exactly this the name for the Quad XZT part? Is it the Xzillaraider XZT 65hp tow module? Or, something else?

Thanks...
Contact Quad via PM (qzilla) and tell him you would like a pressure only XZT. You can arrange it so that you can buy from whoever but Quad will tune it and drop ship it to you. The pressure only tune is the TST stack tune. I suggest you buy from Lary Ellis if you buy new.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
Contact Quad via PM (qzilla) and tell him you would like a pressure only XZT. You can arrange it so that you can buy from whoever but Quad will tune it and drop ship it to you. The pressure only tune is the TST stack tune. I suggest you buy from Lary Ellis if you buy new.
Most excellent! Really appreciate the info.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:32 PM

Low end power is a automatic only option and i called bd all the guy told was just to rev my truck up and dump the clutch so thanks for nothing bd

Quick Reply: Stack with triple dog?