3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Spray in Bedliners???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive had about all the liners put in before. the Z liner from ziebart did good for me and I have a line x in my current truck and they did a very poor job installing it, BUT they have agreed to make it right. I asked the guy if they were going out of business and he lauged and said uh no were not
Old 09-16-2007, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by t-boe
I think you were misinformed. Line-X is growing at a very fast rate.
Line-X is totally gone from Houston. Houston is probally the biggest market for pickups. Something definatly happened.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:58 AM

I had "Ultimate Linings" liner sprayed in my last truck. It faded in the first year. I sold the truck, but a buddy did his at the same time and it's almost grey now. It's about 3-4 years old I'd guess. I'll never do it again. I've been hesitant to get another spray in becuase of that. Does Line-X fade?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:03 AM

My truck came with the Rhino spray-in liner and I can't complain, it looks great, like new.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by wreedCTD
Line-X is totally gone from Houston. Houston is probally the biggest market for pickups. Something definatly happened.

I'm having Line-X sprayed in on thursday. I asked the local guy about Line-X Houston. He told me the guy who owned the Line-X shops in Houston got caught with his guys spraying something other than Line-X. He was shut down.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 PM

I use Line X on a commercial product that lays in the roadway. I assure you that you cannot put your liner in your bed through more hell than these get.
Line X holds up incredible. It is a much less flexible liner than others and that does not allow it to roll, peel, or tear.
So far this year I have spent about 12K on line X products, maybe more and it has been a great product under the worst possible conditions.
Line X if you want a trouble free liner.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by oldmikegraham
I'm having Line-X sprayed in on thursday. I asked the local guy about Line-X Houston. He told me the guy who owned the Line-X shops in Houston got caught with his guys spraying something other than Line-X. He was shut down.
Would you mind telling me where you are getting it done. I ahev it in my bed but I want to get it over the rails and on the tailgate.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:30 AM

Comments:

Full Metal Jacket is a 100% polyurea product. The good news that it's a high pressure product and that makes it look very nice. The bad news is that it does not contain any polyurethane. Both polyurethane and polyurea give the bedliner desirable properties. Polyurethane has much better adhesion properties and has double the abrasion resistance of polyurea. Polyurea raises the tear strength, raises the temp tolerance, and makes the liner dry in seconds giving which renders an even application of the product throughout the bed. My opinion is that polyurea and polyurethane blends (like LINE-X) make for the best truck bedliners.

LINE-X has not gone out of business. LINE-X is the largest bedliner company in the world. Rhino has more locations, but LINE-X sprays more product.

LINE-X does not "push a bunch of new franchise expenses". After start up, there are NO franchise fees. You only have to buy the LINE-X chemicals, that's it.

Some people want to slide things across LINE-X, others don't. LINE-X dealers can vary the final texture. If you want to slide things, ask for a light texture, if you don't want things to slide, ask for a heavy texture.

Armorthane is not a hot/high pressure product. It's 100% polyurethane like Rhino (cold/low pressure).

Ultimate Liner and Xtreme Liner merged into one company.

Only LINE-X has a product like LINE-X Xtra. Xtra is a one time application. It resists fading, is glossy, contains a Kevlar micro pulp for durability, and is available in black or for color matching.

LINE-X Xtra color match:
Old 09-19-2007, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Bee
I use Line X on a commercial product that lays in the roadway. I assure you that you cannot put your liner in your bed through more hell than these get.
Line X holds up incredible. It is a much less flexible liner than others and that does not allow it to roll, peel, or tear.
So far this year I have spent about 12K on line X products, maybe more and it has been a great product under the worst possible conditions.
Line X if you want a trouble free liner.
trust me I'm not complaining, I love mine. BUT I did get a tear in mine from my portable generator on my last camping trip. One of the rubber snubbers came off while it was back there and it rubbed/tore through it on the drive home. It's not big, but I see it.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by CallmeD
trust me I'm not complaining, I love mine. BUT I did get a tear in mine from my portable generator on my last camping trip. One of the rubber snubbers came off while it was back there and it rubbed/tore through it on the drive home. It's not big, but I see it.
Go get'er fixed.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by wreedCTD
Would you mind telling me where you are getting it done. I ahev it in my bed but I want to get it over the rails and on the tailgate.

Line-X Austin on Research/183 next to Maund Toyota.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:34 PM

I got line-x and would not use anything else. great stuff!!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:15 PM

OK I'll chime in...I have had BedRugs in 2 trucks. I pulled the BedRug out of my first truck and sold it for over half what I paid for it when I traded the truck in. The dealer will not give you a penny more for your truck with or without a spray in liner. Drop something and you will still dent the bed. The Bedrug is a lot more durable than people think. I've had dirt, tree limbs, palm trees, wood, etc in it and it still looks new. And nothing moves around when driving/stopping. Oh yeah it's cheaper.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM

I just had my rockers, flares and over the rail bed done....with Line X.... it's done by a friend... it turned out great. They also have a coating they can put on it....
Old 09-19-2007, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
OK I'll chime in...I have had BedRugs in 2 trucks. I pulled the BedRug out of my first truck and sold it for over half what I paid for it when I traded the truck in. The dealer will not give you a penny more for your truck with or without a spray in liner. Drop something and you will still dent the bed. The Bedrug is a lot more durable than people think. I've had dirt, tree limbs, palm trees, wood, etc in it and it still looks new. And nothing moves around when driving/stopping. Oh yeah it's cheaper.
Where is the best place to get a bed rug at?

Quick Reply: Spray in Bedliners???