3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Spike TV/Trucks 880 1200 + ftlbs HP RUN/05 upgrades merged

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just glad that they started off with a diesel and are saying that they will be building more in the future. I noticed that to that they were burying the tach on the dyno run. Looked kind of like my truck on a run. Not to change the topic, but has anyone gotten the knew Diesel Power magazine yet? I just got it and it is awsome this month. All kinds of Cummins reading material in it.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDan
I cant believe you guys miss Stacy

That guy was so lame. First off he didn’t know how to Fabricate until the last 2 seasons. All he did was install store bought lifts and bumpers and put them on a trucks. I don’t think anything rolled out of his shop with rubber larger then 35".

As far has his performance build up's those were also pathetic. All he did was call up Banks, Edge, Bully Dog and order up a kit and install it and do BURNOUTS up and down block until the cows came home. Then he's says "This is NUTS, if you want your truck to do all of this(burnouts) YOU GOTTA CALL BANKS" Then do another burnout w/ his arm hanging out the window.

Maybe you older guys who like Banks Products will miss him and his outdated show.

Lets face it they will never get it right, your dreaming if you think a show would take a truck and put on a 100% built up billet tranny, injectors, electronics, twin turbos, fuel delivery. That would be too easy......

I also dont like the vein headed tough guy
Maybe you think the show was on the air due to the kindness of SpikeTV.
They install the parts that the manufacturers PAY them to install and highlight on the show.
If BullyDog wants to pay the way, they'll install their widgets.
I think that might be one of the reason Stacey LEFT.
He wasn't given the oportunity to actually BUILD something.
The show morphed into a 1/2 hour infomercial every week.
The two new "Talking Heads" look more like personalities with Bolt-On skills than builders.
From www.trucksTV.com:
Brand New Hosts & Episode of Trucks!
Episode #: TK2006-01
Air Dates: Saturday @ 1:30pm EST/PST,Sunday @ 12:30pm EST/PST

Paul Vinson (left) and Kevin Tetz are the new hosts of Trucks! They salute Stacey David who has decided to move on to new ventures. Look for plenty of project trucks from this crew. This week it's bolt-on diesel power from BullyDog. The guys take a Cummins-powered Dodge Ram and hit it with a combination of their plug-and-play software, propane injection, and a bit of the squeeze (nitrous) to see just how much they can twist the HorsePowerTV chassis dyno. Sounds like a great tire-wrinkling start to a new era of Trucks!
Old 03-26-2006, 05:49 PM

Didn't that Kevin Tetz used to host a show on the DIY network?
Old 03-26-2006, 07:51 PM

So you can get 880 rwhp on a CR Cummins with a stock turbo, stock trans, stock CP3, stock lift pump, stock headgaskets, stock head bolts and stock cam? All you need is programming, injectors, nitrous, propane, intake & exhaust? Yea right

Did anyone else notice the dyno plot they showed on the 880 hp run had a big vertical jump in it?
Old 03-26-2006, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stacy was good, knew what he was talking about. These two new guys... I don't know. And the truck was downright ugly...
Old 03-26-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by mtomac
So you can get 880 rwhp on a CR Cummins with a stock turbo, stock trans, stock CP3, stock lift pump, stock headgaskets, stock head bolts and stock cam? All you need is programming, injectors, nitrous, propane, intake & exhaust? Yea right

Did anyone else notice the dyno plot they showed on the 880 hp run had a big vertical jump in it?
No sir, see post 37 on here it shows what all the truck has.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 PM

I wonder how much moolah was in that truck at the end of the show - hopefully they had enough left over for a new tranny....
Old 03-26-2006, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Don M
Time to umpimp die lkw. Oh SNAP!

Don~
I thought I was the only one that thought those commercials were awesome!

If you want to unpimp say vhat???

VDubyah in the house!!!!!

Old 03-26-2006, 11:38 PM

they need a southern accented, scruffy faced, tobacco spittin, hillbilly with some shade tree mechanican skills. that likes to use duck tape and bailin wire on some of the stuff. ya'll are right they do need someone on there that actually knows what is goin on. not some unskilled, untrained, bad actin, puppet on a string yuppies. for the love of horsepower junkies give us someone that knows what is goin on.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:39 PM

I liked the way the truck looked personally. It is meant to be a toy, not a work horse. If I had the extra cash I would love to " pimp" mine out like that too.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:50 AM

Guys, I think that truck looks differently good. I wouldn't tow my log trailer to the mill with it as I'd be beaten with a 2x4 but in Cali or Flordia its hot. There are some guys on here running all the drugs listed and I haven't seen them go 880 / 1200+. In a drive what ya brung race this truck would kick 99.9 percent of our butts if the turbo and head gasket didn't roast. Lottsa tire and lottsa tranny ... the crankshaft doesn't care how the hp and torque was made it just has to handle it... and that is alot. Not legal for most organized racing. With a good turbo and headstuds this truck would be great. I guess you don't need too much more diesel if you are burning lots of propane and tons of ultra oxygen. ks
Old 03-27-2006, 10:00 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
beaten with a 2x4. LOL

Don~
Old 03-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Chapter President

They did start off on the right foot though. Cummins+ high power = good show.
Did the torque fall off that much it was at 587Hp and 1192-8(can't remember exactly) Torque on the first modded run and then it gains 297 HP and only a few ft/lbs. That dyno must only go to 1200 then it can't measure any more. I wonder what it really did?
What I thought was impressive was that the stock torque was just 5ft/lbs short of what my engine is supposed to be rated at on an engine dyno, and they did it with an auto.
I am supprised they did not stack a box with it. Nice that it almost doubled the horses of that Duramax though. I want to see what they do with that LBZ thats sitting in the shop.

Last edited by Duallydog; 03-27-2006 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Needed more
Old 03-27-2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Andy505
I agree, Stacy was the best host of Trucks so far. Maybe these guys will do a better job down the road.
Yeah Stacy seems more like my friends than these two new Biker type guys. They are going to take a little getting used to.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by JohnCA58
I just watched that combo , did they say 880 h.p. no mention of tranny work or upgrades in fuel delivery other then injectors whatzup here

What happen to Stacey ? they need to bring him back I think
I agree. Stacey always had that goofy laugh at everything attitude that could get a bit old, but these two new guys especially the "tough guy" need to go. Stacey seemed like a decent dude. The new guys didnt do anything except bolt expensive aftermarket junk on the truck, big deal. At least the new show "Muscle Cars" and Extreme 4x4 actually have the host teaching and doing real work like we might do. And the truck was ugly to boot.

Quick Reply: Spike TV/Trucks 880 1200 + ftlbs HP RUN/05 upgrades merged