3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

SP Cooldown Timer - Need Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SP Cooldown Timer - Need Help!!!!

Purchased a SP Diesel Cooldown Timer, but install instructions were very generic. Asked SP for more detailed instructions, but he said he only provides the basic instructions and could not help me out with specifics. Asked for a refund, but told my problem did not qualify for refund. (Never dealing with this jerk again!!!! He promised great customer service, but definitely did not deliver here.)

Still would like to install the timer. My knowledge on doing something like this myself using trial and error borders on being dangerous to my truck's health and well being!!!! So I was wondering if any DTR buddies could help me out with some detailed install instructions (i.e. wire color codes) for the SP Diesel cooldown timer on my 06?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:23 PM

Put that item on ebay and get one from BD. They *do* have great customer support.

Or better yet, ebay both your quad box and timer, and get a TST with all the functions you need built right in!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:51 PM

Do yourself a favor and ditch the SP Diesel timer!

The quality of their products is pathetic, including the new SIIe fueling module, nor do they understand the value of customer service. Luckily for me my vendor does and refunded my money.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:24 PM

Yeah I had problems with their customer service. The fueling box I had installed didn't work. Luckily they took it back. I wouldn't install A product that even the manufaturer wouldn't help me install.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:18 PM

OK -I know I screwed up buying from SP, but I still don't want to just waste my money.. I am sure the timer will work. Just would like a little help with sme install instructions. I am sure someone on DTR that is smarter than me has installed it without any problems.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got SP's timer on my 05'... I had the same issues with dealing with them. I finally was able to figure out the install myself, and (knock on wood) it has worked perfectly for over a year. Let me know if I can help. It's a confusing little piece and their instructions were terrible. And I was a union electrician for 14 years...