3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Sorry, Another Commander check engine lite

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, Another Commander check engine light

I have checked my ground and all connections, and still have a check engine light on.
Everything is working great as far as I can tell, all readings are perfect to the book.
OK what do I do now??????????????
Old 12-27-2006, 01:00 AM

Did you check the code yet?

I had a check engine light come on about a week ago. I started the truck one morning and the engine stumbled a bit, triggering a p0191 code. Then coming home from Arizona Christmas Eve it started hesitating and surging (not much fun when pulling a coach through the desert). Since then I haven't had any problems and this morning the check engine light went out. I checked all connections and everything seems good. We'll see if it happens again...
Old 12-27-2006, 06:17 PM

Well Pauly the light went out from last night when I finished the install, it quit driveing to work today. Every thing seems fine. I don't know how to get codes other than go to a mechanic.???
I do notice a slight change in engine noise from the EGT probe. or maybe it's just me thinking I can??
I did tow my trailer with it home today. Here's what reading i got.
Max's (was kind of pushing it a bit)
EGT 1100+/-
Boost hit 30 ( hammering the throttle to get on the frwy)
Tranny 170
water 199
Those are max's, and would drop as soon as I got off the LOUD peddel.
Avg.'s
EGT 650
Boost 7-9"ish"
Tranny 140
water 188
I hope the light stays out. I know there's info out there on this somewhere i just got to dig it up.
By the way Pauly, I sold my Weekend Warrior Trailer, the guy picks it up 10am tomarrow. The hunt for a 5th wheel starts SOON....
Old 12-27-2006, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by JuzPlaneKrazy
Well Pauly the light went out from last night when I finished the install, it quit driveing to work today. Every thing seems fine. I don't know how to get codes other than go to a mechanic.???
I do notice a slight change in engine noise from the EGT probe. or maybe it's just me thinking I can??
I did tow my trailer with it home today. Here's what reading i got.
Max's (was kind of pushing it a bit)
EGT 1100+/-
Boost hit 30 ( hammering the throttle to get on the frwy)
Tranny 170
water 199
Those are max's, and would drop as soon as I got off the LOUD peddel.
Avg.'s
EGT 650
Boost 7-9"ish"
Tranny 140
water 188
I pulled my coach (9000 lbs, give or take a few) to and from Kingman, AZ last weekend, and going up some of the grades on the 40 I hit 1400* at 65 mph in 3rd gear at around 2500-2700 rpm. Cruising on the flats at 65-70 mph EGTs hovered around 900*, if I remember correctly. All this was with the Quad Std. on the 60 hp setting.

By the way, you can check the code by quickly cycling the key from off to run (don't engage the starter) 3 times in succession. That's how I pulled the code on mine.

By the way Pauly, I sold my Weekend Warrior Trailer, the guy picks it up 10am tomarrow. The hunt for a 5th wheel starts SOON....
You dog you, I'm dying to get that 5th wheel...just need to find a way to pay for it! Still looking at the K-Z?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:54 PM

Thanks for the info on the codes Pauly........cool deal. If the light come's back I'll be ready this time. I think a few others had the same thing and there's went out after some driving too.
I got the XZT tow module in the mail today, I'll save that install for when I get a new 5ver. The Ride Rite Bags are in the garage and I'll save that bit of work for when I have to block it up, climb under there for the SuperGlide 5er hitch install. I'll just make a day/weekend of the whole under the rear end deal.

If Mama wins it's a KZ Montego Bay 36', If I win it's a WW LE3505 or a CR 3705.

The battle of wills has begun
Old 12-28-2006, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the info on the codes Pauly........cool deal. If the light come's back I'll be ready this time. I think a few others had the same thing and there's went out after some driving too.
I got the XZT tow module in the mail today, I'll save that install for when I get a new 5ver. The Ride Rite Bags are in the garage and I'll save that bit of work for when I have to block it up, climb under there for the SuperGlide 5er hitch install. I'll just make a day/weekend of the whole under the rear end deal.

If Mama wins it's a KZ Montego Bay 36', If I win it's a WW LE3505 or a CR 3705.

The battle of wills has begun
Your welcome!

Which ever you end up with be sure to post some pics to show it off!