3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Someone backed up into my truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Someone backed up into my truck

Well i was out tonight and just got home and looked at the truck before i went in and it turns out someone smashed in my rear panel between the rear tire and the bumper, the whole panel is pushed in and all creased up I cant believe it how can someone be so stupid then not leave any kind of notification that they made a mistake . My question is NOW what do i do? Would the best thing to do be to pay my insurance 500 dollars and have them come fix it or what? How would this work since i didnt notice this at the scene of where it happen and i didnt call the police or anything Just my luck
Old 03-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned

That sucks!!! The only thing you might be able to try is the place where you were parked do they have security camera's??? Is there any paint marks from they're vehicle I assume it was a larger vehicle because of you rlift and what not.. Otherwise pay the deductible and move on.. Is your best bet.. Been there done that... I feel for ya!!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:27 PM

Well here with our insurance, I would just pay for the damage and get it over with, here if you make a claim they raise your rates, which just sucks

Kevin
Old 03-18-2007, 12:04 AM

I would go get a quote from a body shop then decide if you will use insurance or pay yourself. That panel will probably be around a grand to replace. I had to replace it on my old chevy and it was $1500, it was a dually though.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:10 AM

Your deductible could be less. Not necessarily a collision deductible, your comprehensive deductible is probably less. Similar thing happened to wife. Our collision was $500 but since it was a hit and run only was $250.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bummer... I cant believe they did not leave a note
I'm sure your truck is hard to see
Old 03-18-2007, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
someone did a hit and run on a couple of cars of mine in the past. 0 deductable for vandalism on our policy, check your policy. get a police report. claim it.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:58 AM

on my insurance policy only at fault claims affect the rates. A hit and run certainly isnt an at fault claim
Old 03-18-2007, 05:21 AM

It happened to me at Lowes parking lot was covered under my uninsured policy did not count against me insurance did not go up it was a $3500 claim.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:00 AM

well now that this happen i cant stop thinkin about my dream of either driving this truck around as a chassis cab or take this bed off and weld up my own flatbed. Or of course buy a flatbed.

If i took my bed off completely what would i have to do with the gas cap? And would i be able to stop at the dodge dealer and get the chassis cab tail lights to keep the truck legal?

Im not driving this thing around with a torn up bed
Old 03-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Sorry to hear that, it sucks.

Try to get a police report, is it too late? Try the insurance thing and check your policy as others have mentioned.....Then put the money towards a flatbed for it. I really like flatbeds, I'd have one on mine, but wife argues, says why would you remove a perfectly good bed off that truck just to look like an old dirt farmer? Women...they focus too much on cosmtic stuff and don't pay attention to functionality...
Old 03-18-2007, 12:20 PM

My truck has been "Hit and Run" twice.....and I've only had it about 9 months. "Hit and Run" is the same as stealing in my book. It has taken about $1500 out of my own pocket to get the truck repaired.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:31 PM

I wanna do somethin like this now!

* man this really edited by admin me off last night i didnt sleep much because i could stop thinkin!

Last edited by Totallyrad; 03-26-2007 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Profanity
Old 03-18-2007, 12:34 PM

or

would anyone be able to tell me how much a flatbed like this for our trucks runs about?

http://www.kuvlcf.com/literature/che...literature.pdf
Old 03-18-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by nfsommer
or

would anyone be able to tell me how much a flatbed like this for our trucks runs about?

http://www.kuvlcf.com/literature/che...literature.pdf
I helped a friend of mine build a custom bed for his truck, I think he was into it about 1200 dollars with all of the materials. We did all the welding and installation. He had a lot of the steel laying around his shop. I would imagine you'll be around $2500 to buy one new.

By the way, I see youre in the Elk Grove area, I was there a couple years ago working out a problem with one of our suppliers. Really nice area, I enjoyed going to the park in the evenings and watching the Elk herd. Also, a lot of nice parkways in the area.

Quick Reply: Someone backed up into my truck