3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Somebody stop me before...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem when I was building my rock-crawling truck. She was always gripping about the money I was spending. One day on the Con we were BS'ing with some people, when it was time to leave I got in the passenger side. She said "what are you doing" I said "take us to the Little Sluice". She does not gripe any longer, but some weekends I do not get to drive at all. Like last weekend we were at Johnson Valley and she ran both trails that we did, Jack Hammer and Aftershock!!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:40 PM

i hear ya buddy, join the club! just tell her you need it or else...
Old 04-28-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by crobtex
I think you're on the wrong website to get help for your particular problem.

Hanging around here is like hanging with other addicts.
That's THE TRUTH!

Aside from my wife asking "will it ever stop?" in reference to upgrades, the other most common thing I hear about the truck is "Stop going to those forums! They only make you want those things more!"
Old 04-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Banned

Here is a little trick to get some money to put in to your truck. I don't know about the whole country but here in Utah if you re-finance your automobile they role your new payment to the following month so you actually skip a payment and possibly get a better rate. And if you have a fairly new truck your probably paying $500 and up, so tell the wife you got a better interest rate and that will distract her from your new upgrade.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you think you have it bad? I have an offshore fishing habit and a diesel habit. I have $25000 worth of fishing tackle that arrives via UPS, she doesnt know how much that stuff costs. I also have too much stuff that I have done to my truck. We have seperate bank accounts though so she doesnt see it when I drop $5000 in a week on bad habits. Not to mention the 28' offshore boat that soaks up plenty of money. Tell her she got off easy with just a truck addiction.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Banned

Ya dude I just dropped 12,000$ in a week on that stuff and when the truck got to Wide Open it had 124 miles on it.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Argo
you think you have it bad? I have an offshore fishing habit and a diesel habit. I have $25000 worth of fishing tackle that arrives via UPS, she doesnt know how much that stuff costs. I also have too much stuff that I have done to my truck. We have seperate bank accounts though so she doesnt see it when I drop $5000 in a week on bad habits. Not to mention the 28' offshore boat that soaks up plenty of money. Tell her she got off easy with just a truck addiction.
What the heck do you do man!!?? 25,000 on fishing tackle!!?? I am definitely no woman and most certainly not your wife, but holy crap-25,000? I think Id be ****** to.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am the largest supplier of illegal drugs in S TX. LOL yeah right. I will just say I work in the medical field. That is a collection from over the past 4-5 years. one reel and rod combo is $800-1000 and I have about 12 of those. lures range from 20-120 for offshore trolling and I dont even know how many of those I have, then you have gaffs which you NEED 2 but I have 4, those range up to $200. on and on and on. It doesnt matter though, I pay all our bills so she cant whine too much. she has one job and thats all. that doesnt even require her to leave the house.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:29 PM

Oh, ok - I misread the post. I thought you had a delivery comming worth 25,000. I guess that is the same thing with a couple collections I have. One is worth maybe 12,000. Its a football card collection dating back over 40 years. Didnt get it all at once but continually build it a couple times per year.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:45 PM

Hmm, screen name is Dan Marino, and you have a 40 year collection of football cards. Something smells fishy, here

I also have a serious obsession with my truck...only no one can say anything about it But the truck is minor...wait until I start restoring the Chevelle

Chris
Old 04-28-2006, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ramirezh
That's THE TRUTH!

Aside from my wife asking "will it ever stop?" in reference to upgrades, the other most common thing I hear about the truck is "Stop going to those forums! They only make you want those things more!"

My wife likes to call it "I LOVE ME TRUCK.COM"

Kevin
Old 04-28-2006, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
You can't listen to women they just don't understand this stuff, just lie it's better that way hopefully you have seperate bank accounts if not open another one. And don't go buy them any jewerly that stuff is a waste of money.
Yea I agree the jewelery is a waste of $ to us, but so is spending $$ on the truck to them. I learned yrs ago when I wanted chrome for the Harley it went over better when she got something shinny also. I can see by your age you haven't lived with a woman long enough to find out what works best with that particular woman. I've had 31 yrs with the same woman to figure out how to keep the piece. Besides if she goes before me I'll have a big gold nugget after it's all melted down.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Banned

Well I can't complain, my wife doesen't care what I do to my truck she did think the stack were a little crazy but I still did it. She hasen't said one word about everything I have done. So I guess I am lucky.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cmonroe
All you need to do is let her drive it. Maybe even buy her one. At the rate your going you will need a second one to tow the first one in about a year.

That's what I did

She has an 02 Black Short Bed Sport with lift and 35's. She says she feels like a bad girl when she drives it .

We bought a White 06 that she calls Prince Charming

O.K. shes a bad girl and I'm Prince Whatever.......... as long as she's happy and I get what I want, I don't care.

Whenever I buy something for the 06, I have to pull a bomb off the 99 and put it on hers. I got big tires and she got a Comp box. When I got a Jake Brake she got Don M's Mach2's. At this rate the 99 is basically a turtle again but what the heck, it's a work truck now

...............Jim
Old 04-30-2006, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by signature600
Hmm, screen name is Dan Marino, and you have a 40 year collection of football cards. Something smells fishy, here

I also have a serious obsession with my truck...only no one can say anything about it But the truck is minor...wait until I start restoring the Chevelle

Chris
Now I get to do some 'splaining like Argo. Dan Marino is my favorite but...I was born in 1972 my uncle gives his football card collection from the 60's when I am 5 - he didnt know what he had nor anyone else at the time(remember that). i start buying packs in the 70's-played with some - never opened some (remember that). I was a steeler fan and then a dolphin fan. I get my first Marino rookie put it in a book and then proceed to get 10 more. by the time I am in college I have like 50,000 cards - lots worthless by then because I played with them. I become friends in college with a guy who goes home with me on a weekend and he flips out when he sees my collection. His dad has mint collections. He knows about football cards clear back in the 40's. He takes a look at cards my uncle gave me there is a few Jim Browns, Lance allworths, Len Dawsons, Fran Tarkentons and low and behold 4 Joe Namath Rookies. He sees the unopend mid to late 70's packs and begs me to open- I did and pulled out several cards valuing 50 and up and 2 Walter Payton rookies. Sold a couple on the spot - exciting as heck and I have bought, sold, traded ever since. ...as for Marino -about 2,300 cards. BTW all you guys go check your parents attic for your old collections - let me know what you find.

Quick Reply: Somebody stop me before...