3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Somebody stop me before...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody stop me before...

...before the wife divorces me! Why you ask? Because I can't stop spending money on my truck! In the 3-weeks or so I've had the truck I installed the Mopar fogs, Sirius radio, my Xzillaraider standard arrived today, my Commander is on order, and my MBRP muffler and tip are on their way! And the KORE leveling kit is screaming my name right now!.....Ahhhh! There's gotta' be a pill or something I can take to cure me of this sickness, 'cause that's what it is, a sickness! Just gotta' keep it on the down-low so the old lady doesn't give me the boot!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

There is plenty of room to sleep in the back of that megacab.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 PM

You just need to learn how to apease her with something shinny from Harry Ritches or Zales.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you're on the wrong website to get help for your particular problem.

Hanging around here is like hanging with other addicts.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned

You can't listen to women they just don't understand this stuff, just lie it's better that way hopefully you have seperate bank accounts if not open another one. And don't go buy them any jewerly that stuff is a waste of money.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:06 PM

A secret bank account works well or a secret stash that does not take away from the house funds that you put a $100.00 into every payday . Being nice to momma will get you by a few times until she wants items that cost as much or more than the items you purchased .
Old 04-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Muted User

I just tell her "we" need this to tow the boat...

So she can sunbath and the kids can swim at the lake sooner /faster...That works pretty well kinda like that she bought that new purse to benefit me spiel she floats at me every once in while....Besides I saved x amount it was on sale!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:26 PM

Either sell the truck or get rid of the woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 05:34 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permishion.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Herr Diesel
I just tell her "we" need this to tow the boat... So she can sunbath and the kids can swim at the lake sooner /faster...
That's the line I used to get the truck in the first place! Only insert travel trailer where it says boat.

Originally Posted by wap
Just remember it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
That's my motto! I should add it to my sig...
Old 04-27-2006, 06:35 PM

Not to worry

All you need to do is let her drive it. Maybe even buy her one. At the rate your going you will need a second one to tow the first one in about a year.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:02 PM

She Smiles

Well my wife will complain and say no to about everything I want to do to mine. I just keep bringing it up "you know honey my truck would be faster, get better mileage, increase in value, cure cancer possibly" (you get the point). But the final result is usually her getting sick of me asking and dreaming and saying yes to shut me up for a week or so. Then she rides in the truck with me and will ask "so what will your new shizbang do?", and I show her how much faster the truck is and she just smiles and askes when she gets to drive next.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:15 PM

Money eating wife

My truck is still pretty fresh and I used a secret bank account to save for my new Linex bedliner. She knows I have been eying a Banks Six Gun and she knows sort of what they cost. Last week I tried the Bullydog try before you buy and I took her and the boys out for a ride and when I hit the straight away, she gave me a look that could kill a rattle snake when I hit the throttle! My 7 year old was saying wow dad, I can't lift my head! My 2 year old was yelling Yeee Haaww, and making growling noises. Uncle Sam pays me twice a month and right now I only have $50.00 to go to my fund, when I make E-6, It will mysteriously increase to $100.00.
Unfortuanatley, she was just standing over my shoulder, so the last statement may not come true.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by buddiesel
Then she rides in the truck with me and will ask "so what will your new shizbang do?"
Where did you get your shizbang from? I've been looking for the best price on one of those

~Rob
Old 04-27-2006, 07:23 PM

I seem to have the same problem (with spending money) and with no payments for 6 months that is an extra 700-800 to spend on what????Me and my truck. I have my FASS, FS2500, gauges and fuel vent kit sitting at my desk waiting to go on as soon as I get time.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Somebody stop me before...