3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

some questions about the juice with attitiude

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some questions about the juice with attitiude

i have a few questions regarding the juice with attitude .. i have been really sketching to get on here the past couple months , i already have a quad 65-hp towing box and i like the power of it , even though it surges like crazy .. my questions are ...
since i have analog gauges EGT , BOOST , TRANSTEMP , can i omit hooking up a second thermocouple for the monitor .. with all the other funtions still work if i don't hook up the egt part of the monitor ??
will the juice stack with the quad 65-hp towing box .. i assume the quad box is a pressure box .. ????

thanks for any info ...once the wifey gives me the green light i am going for the attitude
Old 10-08-2005, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had the Juice/Attitude and now the HOT Juice/Attitude since early in the year. I also have analog gauges. I ran for 6 or 7 months without installing the Juice pyro sensor. You just won't see any EGT readings on the Attitude or have EGT defueling.

I like the Juice/Attitude power delivery, it is smooth and consistent on all settings. No surging at anytime for me. I have tried 3 other boxes and overall the Juice/Attitude power seems smoother than most. Driveability is great.

OK now for the issues I do know about. The boost readings are not accurate after about 30-32psi. I think they read boost from the ECM after it has been fooled. I have had my "Pinion Factor" reprogrammed by the dealer for my BFG 315s. The auto transmission monitoring, tc lockup detection and slip does not work on my truck. Edge admitted to me that because I have had the Pinion Factor reprogrammed that these functions will not work correctly. They said they would work on the problem, but I have not heard that anything has changed. Just my experience.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:08 PM

cool , thanks for the info .. pinion factor ?? i had my ecm reprogrammed for the 315's also .. is that the same as pinion factor ??so you are saying that the analog boost is better anyway ?? am i better off just getting the juice and not to worry about the monitor ??

Gary
Old 10-08-2005, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You really need the Attitude to have all power levels and more adjustment options. Most of the Attitude displays and functions work fine, but analog boost is a must if you are going to go after high hp. Yes the Pinion Factor is what is changed in the ECM when the dealer reprograms for different tire size. So you might want to call Edge and ask the question if this is still a problem. I know they have a new Juice program version out, but not sure what it changes.

I have done enough mods to not worry about the trans monitoring and have my analog gauges for everything.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:35 PM

cool , thanks for all the info .. i am off to bd's dyno days next weekend so i will ask them about it .. they usually have dyno days specials on stuff like this so i am hoping i can get one there ..

thanks again