3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

So if I pulled my Predator off and got a reflash at the dealer....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if I pulled my Predator off and got a reflash at the dealer....

and then put the Predator back on, would the Predator recognize the newer programming the next time I put the truck back to stock? Or would it reinstall the stock program I had prior?
Does anybody know what the heck I'm trying to ask here?

I'm seriously thinking about going to a SMARTY so it may not even matter. I think a SMARTY may put me at around 500hp which I wouldn't mind. I'm not trying to go any higher than that though.........
Old 12-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You may have to get the latest version for the predator after the reflash from the dealer. I know on a Ford you would need it.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Chapter President

Try upgrading the Predator. Do they offer that option or do you have to send it in?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:01 PM

It makes a back up of what you have on your truck. If you took it of to reflash then it would have to make a new back up when you install it again. It doesn't put its own stock program on.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Banned

Diablo doesnt keep up with the latest most current diamler tsb's if you take it in and get the truck reflashed then put the diablo back in it will reset to old tsb. I took mine in for 1-2 shift shuttle issues and the reflash fixed the issue then after a week i put the diablo back on and problems arrived immediately after, the 1-2 shift shuttle was back and diablo seemed to be dumbfounded by this issue and stated "Well have you had any other downloaders on it previously" I stated no not since the dealer reflash, they stated see if you can take it back in and get the reflash redune and let us know if it fixes the issue. I explained that diamler will only issue one reflash per vehicle for that specific tsb if I take it back in for this issue they will be pretty darn evident of what is going on. Well I dunno was their response we will be getting back to the U7131 downloader soon that was 3 months ago and havent looked back since. I had to upload the most current bullydog program at the time and download it into the truck "It had the latest TSB in its software" and that fixed the issue I was seeing.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the Smarty Dodgezilla. You know I have been through both a Hypertech and a Diablo. The Smarty is much better. It is also cool how it is not detectable (I am sure if I ever get injector troubles, I will go bigger, though). Smoke is way down on the upper levels and EGT's are much lower.

It is fun to download different tunes and try the out. I sold my Predator for $250, I am sure you could do the same.

Good luck buddy.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If Dodgezilla purchases a smarty he will get a few extra candy bars too.

You have been through a lot
Old 12-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

BOB were are my Candy Bars?????? LOL
Old 12-27-2007, 04:07 AM

LOL!! What kind of candy bars were those again?????

Seriously though, my truck runs great right now and I don't even have the newest software version for the Predator because I can't seem to get my computer to talk to the Predator. Something about switching the Com Port in the computer?!?! I just don't have the patience to figure that out as I am not very computer savvy.
I was never against the Smarty but I have certainly come around ever since seeing how their customer service leaves the other companies in the dust..... I'm afraid to switch over now that I finally found a good combo that is not giving me problems though. I've read too many of the "I switched from the brand X DL to the brand Y DL and now my truck won't run right!" stories. That will be my next hurdle.......
Old 12-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If you want to try a Smarty before you buy it let me know, just have your credit card in hand after you drive your truck cause your gonna want one.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:39 AM

Man! I don't need that temptation right now!!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Man! I don't need that temptation right now!!!!!
Take him up on that offer. A smarty tuned CR is just alot of fun.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:53 AM
DTR Advertiser

Mike if you want to try a new one to see exactly how it will do in your truck let me know. If it dont work the way you want just ship it back. Tim
Old 12-27-2007, 10:09 AM

I will let you know Tim.... Thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Tim

Quick Reply: So if I pulled my Predator off and got a reflash at the dealer....