3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

So I just bought a smarty and dont get the 230hp tune????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think there is going to be a tnt tune.The way I read it there will only be revo and revo/r.The race tune will have the option to turn the 4k rpm on or off.So if Bob sends this tune out you will have to have the required supporting mods,even if you only plan on running 3.5k rpm.Don't write what I'm saying in stone.This is what I read on an older post.I could be way off!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by homewrecker
I don't think there is going to be a tnt tune.The way I read it there will only be revo and revo/r.The race tune will have the option to turn the 4k rpm on or off.So if Bob sends this tune out you will have to have the required supporting mods,even if you only plan on running 3.5k rpm.Don't write what I'm saying in stone.This is what I read on an older post.I could be way off!
Thats the way I took it also, I think too the revo= 170hp and the Revo/R= 230hp
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have heard the same. The TNT is a great program and not sure why it has been dropped. All Marco has to do is comment out the rpm and shifter settings in the programming menu from the R version.

MikeyB
Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 AM

the TNT was exactly the same as the R minus 500 rpms. That's the tune I have. 230hp 3500rpm. If they discontinued it that's news to me.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Stainless
Wow please dont tell me I just spent $700 in persuit of a tune that I cant have! What can I do to get the Non R TNT????? I have the airdog, intake, exhaust, gauges, good clutch, etc...... all that good stuff. I really dont need 4k rpm but cant stand to know I'm missing out on all that extra power! Especially since I'm already starting with a 555 motor.
"The main thing is not to get excited"
The smarty is the best box especially on 03 and early 04 dodges. Its fuels more evenly than bullydog or other programmers and boxes. If you need more, plug a TST on it or throw in a set of Fluxes. Join the crowd and empty your pockets, lol. What do you have for air?, I hope its not 03-04 stock turbo, I think Sledpuller can blow more hot air than those turbos.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Reb.B
"The main thing is not to get excited"
Thats what I was thinkin. Chill a little bit and call Bob.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:26 AM

Bob told me that the TNT is no more when i talked to him. He said the race tune will be called the Revo/R and the other tune would be called the revo. Bob would have to clear this up but I think the reason they got rid of the TNT tune is some trucks would still rev to 4000rpm without the R tune. I don't know what the hp ratings are on them.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 PM

I'm confused I here what hp does the smarty have? I have a bully dog with crazy larry and love it. I have been thinking about selling it and buying a smarty for my 05 truck but if it only 170hp and if I have to get certion requiedments to get 230hp befor thay gives me that program then I think I'll keep my bully dog.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:41 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bobby1stack
I'm confused I here what hp does the smarty have? I have a bully dog with crazy larry and love it. I have been thinking about selling it and buying a smarty for my 05 truck but if it only 170hp and if I have to get certion requiedments to get 230hp befor thay gives me that program then I think I'll keep my bully dog.
No confusion...

Let's be clear: The 230hp TNT (non race) is available to download from the MADS website right now. If you had a smarty right now you could have the 230hp version right now.

The "requirements" are for the race version that has 4K rpm and is not downloadable from the website. So you can shelve crazy larry and buy a smarty.

When you buy the smarty-- request that the TNT be loaded on it before shipping.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Well I feel better
Old 05-08-2008, 04:33 PM

Just thinking out loud here but do any of you think your getting ahead of yourself with the TNT? I mean some people I look at their mod list and they have a stock truck and are throwing this TNT on there. I mean it's your choice just thought some people might be getting a little carried away. I leave mine on level 4 for daily driving and I see some people have it on level 7. It's pretty wild on level 4 for daily driving. I just think alot of people are gonna be burning down clutches, turbos, trannies, and motors. If you guys are just being secretive about your mods sorry just kinda thinking out loud. I know my stock clutch couldn't hold crazzy larry couldn't Imagine this tnt on stock clutch.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kman9090
Just thinking out loud here but do any of you think your getting ahead of yourself with the TNT? I mean some people I look at their mod list and they have a stock truck and are throwing this TNT on there. I mean it's your choice just thought some people might be getting a little carried away. I leave mine on level 4 for daily driving and I see some people have it on level 7. It's pretty wild on level 4 for daily driving. I just think alot of people are gonna be burning down clutches, turbos, trannies, and motors. If you guys are just being secretive about your mods sorry just kinda thinking out loud. I know my stock clutch couldn't hold crazzy larry couldn't Imagine this tnt on stock clutch.
I thought the same thing....doesnt TNT mean anything anymore. Boom. Right?

I just cant figure out how some of these trucks are holdin together. On my truck it feels like hell fire when I flog it. Cant be good on those stock parts.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:36 PM

Yeah no big deal really tristan just when I start seeing threads with guys complaining about dodge voided thier warranty and motors being blown I don't want to see a bunch of blame samrty threads. I think alot of people are getting ahead of thierselve but it's thier choice not mine. If it was me I would want to try it on a stock truck but I will say this prorame is wicked, not at all necessary for a stock truck.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 AM

The only people that know about and use the TNT are on the forums and know what they are getting into. Not to mention the agreement the downloader has to sign.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Y'all must be talking about me.

One month with the TNT and no broken parts. But I don't drive stupid though, no boost launches, power shifting, running down the strip, etc. Just smooth driving.

MikeyB

Quick Reply: So I just bought a smarty and dont get the 230hp tune????