3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Snow water/meth kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow water/meth kit

I bought a snow stage 2 water meth kit in November...haven't really taken the time to mess with it til recently when some buddies talked me into installing it...so me and some buddies (mostly the buddies lol ) installed the water meth kit.

turned it on ready to RIP!!! nothin really happened. had it set to start spraying at 15psi and then full spray at 25psi. EGT's dropped 75* and power might have been slightly better.

Called Snow today...went through some questions and answers...really nice people btw. The guy told me to turn the adjustments so that it would be full spray with any boost at all....so i did. He told me to quench it...then adjust from there.

side note: over the weekend i had been playing with boosted launches and knew what it felt like.....

Ok went outside of town to test.....4wd launch. put her in 4wd, turned on water/meth, started building boost as the LED came on indicating it was spraying...and suddenly i couldn't hold the truck still anymore with the brakes....then i launched at probably 12psi (tried to get 15 but couldn't hold it that long) and didn't get a throw in the seat immediately...instead heard tires spin in 4wd!!!!!!!!!! then it hooked up and FLEW!!!!!!!! EGT's got to about 1200 and stayed there....rail pressure stayed at around 22k, boost was near 50psi.....

it flew. tried it again...didn't spin as much the second time but it was still insane...for what i have experienced on my truck.

more info: running Snow's 50/50 mix.....truck is a 4 door short bed 4x4 with full replacement bumpers front and rear, loaded down toolbox (including a 3 ton jack), back seat full of tools, underseat full of junk too....295 nitto terra grapplers....thats alot of weight to spin all 4 tires if you ask me!!!!!

Thanks to Johnny and Will for talking me into it and making it happen!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Mav

What will it do in 2wd
Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 PM

I think you were just dreaming.

I will believe it when I see a video or in person.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mav
What will it do in 2wd
melt tires.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boarbuster
I think you were just dreaming.

I will believe it when I see a video or in person.
ask Will he was helping me monitor gauges...too many for one person to look at when you are moving like that!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
ask Will he was helping me monitor gauges...too many for one person to look at when you are moving like that!
Do you have the same little gauge that comes with the Stage 3 kit?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Mav

getcha a vid
Old 03-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Do you have the same little gauge that comes with the Stage 3 kit?
Nope...

Stage 3 adds water/meth based on EGT's. Stage 2 adds meth wherever you set the boost pressure at....

All i have is a switch and a green LED to let me know its spraying.

saw you on TV last night.....one of my buddies called me and told me to watch it. it was our claim to fame lol
Old 03-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mav
getcha a vid
didn't have a camera today...me and Will were kicking ourselves for it.

all 4 tires don't like melt to the ground...but theres obivously a traction issue. The second time we did it today there was less slippage and more of the front tires grabbing side to side looking for traction.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:27 PM

Nope...

Stage 3 adds water/meth based on EGT's. Stage 2 adds meth wherever you set the boost pressure at....

All i have is a switch and a green LED to let me know its spraying.

saw you on TV last night.....one of my buddies called me and told me to watch it. it was our claim to fame lol
God, that episode makes me so mad! Not only does the car look totally different, but at the end, they have the wrong front tires on; have bent my wheels, destroyed the two reas hubs, cross-threaded 13 of 20 lug studs, cracked my front windshield, and didn't do my headrests!!!

They were totally on top of things!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

God, that episode makes me so mad! Not only does the car look totally different, but at the end, they have the wrong front tires on; have bent my wheels, destroyed the two reas hubs, cross-threaded 13 of 20 lug studs, cracked my front windshield, and didn't do my headrests!!!

They were totally on top of things!
its official...not everything you see on TV is as good as it sounds
Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 PM

all 4 tires don't like melt to the ground...but theres obivously a traction issue. The second time we did it today there was less slippage and more of the front tires grabbing side to side looking for traction.
That's probabbly because the first launch got them nice and hot so they gripped a lot better. I read a study that blew me away. At highway speeds, a performance tire (designed for traction) takes 12 MILES to get up to temps. Until then, traction is greatly reduced. I had no idea it took that long.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 PM

its official...not everything you see on TV is as good as it sounds
I know, can you believe it!!! TV that deceives!!!!!!!!! What's next? Dishonest politicians?!?!?!?!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 PM

Are you sure all 4 were spinning b/c you do realize that your front end has an open differential in it.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Banned

That's probabbly because the first launch got them nice and hot so they gripped a lot better. I read a study that blew me away. At highway speeds, a performance tire (designed for traction) takes 12 MILES to get up to temps. Until then, traction is greatly reduced. I had no idea it took that long.
my thoughts exactly but if i said "i probably couldn't get it to spin again for the camera" people would throw the BS flag, Boarbuster being the first one to do it.

Quick Reply: Snow water/meth kit