3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Sneak peak at the prototype.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile Sneak peak at the prototype.

Here is my latest project for folks looking for HUGE air intake for twins or even stock.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

The finished product will have an aluminum belly pan and the height will be 1/2" lower.
Visibility is still real good and easy.

Old 07-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Top's Younger Twin

It houses two aFe pro guard Mega Cannon filters or one can change that to other preferred filters as well.
This will be a 'raw' kit which will include the filter coupler for the AFE filters, fiberglas top and aluminum bottom as well as clamps, sensor coupler and smooth bore hose. Mounting brackets will be provided as well. You must remove the plastic valve cover. Painting and final fitment is left for the end user

It can be supplied with 4 inch or 5 inch hose for different turbo applications.

I am still working out a few finer details for fitment and pricing.

I set out to do this for my twins. I am actually surprised how many folks are giving the thumbs up.

This truly is a mental air intake for the folks that want HUGE AIR.

And it ReALLy does sHAkE along with the torque of the diesel.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How does that intake stand up to rain? The newer trucks are probably different, but I know on my 98 sometimes if the speed and rain is just right, I'll get a backwards flow towards the front of the hood.

Now that I've said that, GIMMEE GIMMEE

By the way, I showed pics of your truck to the wife. She said I shouldn't covet thy neighbors truck.

Ed
Old 07-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

I am heading out of town tomorrow morning to do a photo shoot with Four Wheeler on the Scotty Shaker as well as Road Armor.
Light Force too.

All the pix seen here are of the very first prototype.

Other then a few small tweaks to fitment and final production, this is what will be.

Heres a pic of the steel proto belly pan and the 'raw' fiberglass top.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally posted by sherod
How does that intake stand up to rain? The newer trucks are probably different, but I know on my 98 sometimes if the speed and rain is just right, I'll get a backwards flow towards the front of the hood.

Now that I've said that, GIMMEE GIMMEE

By the way, I showed pics of your truck to the wife. She said I shouldn't covet thy neighbors truck.

Ed
I ran the truck with just the hole in the hood and what I noticed was the water went off to the sides. I have not given this a true test as of yet. What you saw there is what I want...I want the air that comes back off the windsheild. There is a call for rain and storms on this trip. I hope to have a good idea of what is good bad or indifferent very soon. The pan will have a drain in it. The prototype has a cut out around the oil filler cap right now. We are considering a design that covers the filler cap but I think simplicity is the best. Afterall, if you are going this route and you want to service the truck, might as well pull the whole air intake anyway.

I am sure there will be some pros and cons. Hopefully the pros of massive amounts of air and an option for 3rd genners with twins will out weight the cons. I will post my findings as I get them.

Scotty
Old 07-10-2004, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotty that is an awesome looking intake setup. Keep up the great R&D and keep us posted.
Jason
Old 07-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Banned

Looks great Scotty. Something to maybe consider for a looks standpoint, is have the fiberglass piece connect to the hood and blend in a little more. That way, when you open the hood, that piece goes with it and you can check your filters everytime you open your hood and it would kind of blend in a little better. You understand what I'm saying? I'm not trying to put your product down. Just giving some feedback on it.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I disagree! Shaker scoops are so coool - when you rev the motor the whole scoop moves, on a stick truck it would be more distracting than the boost gauge. And just thinking about the way it would torque around on shutdown gives me goosebumps! OK Scotty, now you have to make one for 1st gens that takes a BHAF.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Blue I comprende but its a shaker and at start up its even more shakey then shutdown.
One thing I have to address is the shaker needs another 1/8" of room on the passenger side to it does not tap the hood.

After this trip I will have all the bugs worked out and will determine the pricing and final design.

Even with just the old 6 level EZ on there I am 150 cooler then a stock box. 100f cooler then the RA3 and 75 cooler then the RA3 and the TAG.
One note...never had any black smoke until I put this on.
I think perhaps the amount of air is telling the sensor its running lean and dumping more fuel til it catches up.

I will be monitoring all of this very closely.

I need a nap.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Originally posted by Scotty
Blue I comprende but its a shaker and at start up its even more shakey then shutdown.
I want to see video!
Old 07-10-2004, 09:23 PM

Looks like we're really getting into the true "Old School" hot rodding concepts for these amazing diesels. Beautiful work Scotty. My hats off to ya'...
Old 07-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Thanks guys. I am getting two definate responses with this hood.

I either get the perplexed ICK look and a qestion like what the heck did I do to my truck.

Or more often then that I am getting the response of..."WOW that thing is killer or awesome or ... well you get the picture.
So now I tell folks...watch SHAKEY and start it up.

I think I can get a small MPeg off my digital camera...I'll try it later on.

This thing SUCKS...better then the Scotty II better then the Ram Air III.

Time to go to Montana.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Originally posted by Scotty
Thanks guys. I am getting todefinate responses with this hood.

I either get the perplexed ICK look and a quation like the the heck did I do to my truck.

Or more often then that I am getting the response of..."WOW that thing is killer or awesome or ... well you get the picture.
That's how you know you're doing something truly worthwhile - you get strong reactions. Of course it could also mean you've gone completely off your rocker...
Old 07-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Banned

CAn I make a suggestion I always thought it would be real cool to have like a ram head on the hood with those big fiters in it also have the NoS discharge threw the nostrels now that would be bad !!!!!

Edited by Admin Please go review the site rules as to proper posting etiquette

Quick Reply: Sneak peak at the prototype.