3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smoke!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All about helping people out when it comes to productive and efficient mods. For mods that give diesels a bad name are counter productive. Dumping large amounts of fuel just to get smoke is dumb....and that MY opinion.

To the OP, try the walmart bag mod. Put it over your air filter and it will smoke like a champ. A properly running/ setup diesel should have minimal to no smoke especially at WOT.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by mad_dog
Well said. Everyone wants different goals with their truck that is why we modify them. Whether you agree or don't calling a guy an idiot is counter productive. Let him go his route and he can deal with local authorities as required. This is suppossed to be a forum for helping people not for judging them for what you personaly may think is stupid. The old saying "if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything" works!
Just my two cents though.
What if the OP's goals will cause these **** politicians and lawyers to pass new BS laws over MY truck? That's what pisses me off is the guys (not necessarily anybody here) who scream down the freeway cutting people off at 80 MPH blowing a smokescreen behind them and then they complain when the new trucks are detuned and have a ton of emissions equipment on them. Most of the guys here NEED these trucks for work or to tow with and more and more laws and EPA crap just makes our trucks more expensive and less reliable.

We all modify our trucks but do it responsibly for the good of the diesel truck world in general. It's just like hunting regulations or gun rights...the hippies and liberals don't like freedom so they need excuses to take stuff from us...why give them a reason?!

BTW, I don't agree with calling guys here idiots.....politicians and lawyers on the other hand.....idiot is far too nice a description for them.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Al Ex
Sorry but I need to vent a little… I can’t believe this idiot gets so many responses. I recently created a thread asking for some technical advice to help me keep my truck performing and running well and only one guy took the time to respond! Seems like something is wrong here.
Sorry that has happened to you. It's happened to me in the past too. Just figure that the folks who read your question didn't have an answer for ya and bump your post up every now and again so different people will see it. The guys on here are outstanding and very helpful! I doubt you were simply ignored.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:48 PM

well didnt meanto **** in anybodies frootloops...and i treat others the way id want to be treated.. as far as smoking people out im off of that..but in my opinion stack dont look good with out a lil black rolling out of them every now and then...wasnt trying to start a pissing comp just a simple what to do to get some good smoke... for this automatic trans....thks!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:21 PM

OK – I agree, I shouldn’t have called anyone here an idiot, please accept my apology. Understand, I’m not a tree hugger, just a trying to be happy diesel owner. I recognize to some extent we all tinker with our trucks, but modifying ones truck to grossly pollute is just irresponsible behavior - especially today.

Black smoke emitting from diesels aggravate the general public in the base case, but when this is done intentionally and without even achieving a performance benefit just seems unwise. This would only serve as a catalyst to fuel more public opposition to diesels. Many people out there don’t understand the advancements that have been made in today’s diesel technology. Newer diesels run pretty clean (when properly maintained), and fuel efficient too given their size and hauling potential. However, right or wrong, general public perception is; diesels are polluters and an ecological impediment.

Helping 07-MEGASLAB achieve his goal will only provide fodder for people to pressure government for stricter laws that will ultimately make all our lives more frustrating, difficult, and expensive. With this will come hardships for people that rely on their diesels for work, making a living, and play. I live in California… I see firsthand everyday how the general public reacts to this. Sorry, didn’t mean to rant or offend 07-MEGASLAB or anyone else. BTW, thanks for the technical help and support I’ve received on this forum.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The laws were comming regardless. Diesel have always been seen as dirty and when commyfornia said NOX and diesel particlute causes cancer diesel was doomed. Diesel could help solve the oil issues but the Govt doesn't want that to happen and they know emissions kill econmoy, but it sounds good to their base.

Smokem if you got em. You need a chip that does low boost fueling or over rides the low boost fueling restriction from the ecm. there are other side effect of running like this so just be prepaired.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by dieselfreak21
The laws were comming regardless. Diesel have always been seen as dirty and when commyfornia said NOX and diesel particlute causes cancer diesel was doomed. Diesel could help solve the oil issues but the Govt doesn't want that to happen and they know emissions kill econmoy, but it sounds good to their base.

Smokem if you got em. You need a chip that does low boost fueling or over rides the low boost fueling restriction from the ecm. there are other side effect of running like this so just be prepaired.
it only causes cancer in california, once you leave the state your cured, so most of us are safe from the california cancer
Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by mad_dog
Well said. Everyone wants different goals with their truck that is why we modify them. Whether you agree or don't calling a guy an idiot is counter productive. Let him go his route and he can deal with local authorities as required. This is suppossed to be a forum for helping people not for judging them for what you personaly may think is stupid. The old saying "if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything" works!
Just my two cents though.
X2

It's his truck... If you don't agree with what he wants to do than keep your mouth shut. I bet 95% of the people who have something negative to say have a truck that will roll coal with the best of them.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by 07-MEGASLAB-5.9
I WANT SERIOUS SMOKE....AND THATS ABOUT IT
This is the part of the op's post that bothered me. If it would have read I want xxxhp it would be different. My truck is well over 600hp and yes, it will smoke like a freight train if I tune it that way and lug each gear out. Smoke does come with increased hp. I just read it as "I wanna drive around blacking out roads,cars,intersections and anything else because I think its cool". I feel safe in saying all of us have blown smoke for no reason other than to see it at times. I just make a point not to do it in town. I live in the middle of nowhere and there are plenty of empty stretches of road to have a little fun. To the op, pick a hp goal. You will enjoy your truck properly tuned and you will make smoke. Just please use good judgement on when and where to let her eat!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:37 PM

10-4 could of been worded better i cant stand being behind that guy rolling coal and not being able to see infront of you...but the same time its pretty sweet seeing coal rolling out of 2 6s through the bed .....just my opinion not all the time but just when i want it to....so with that said ......smarty jr or diablo..would suit my 07 better? guess with all this discusion all i really wanted was a chip/programmer that will do the job...
Old 01-08-2011, 02:48 PM

I have never understood the Smarty jr. If it was half price of the sr then great but for a $100-150 more having the much broader power choice of the sr is a better deal to me. It leaves room to grow in the future, still has lower levels inline with the jr and much easier to resale if the time comes to get rid of it.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hold it he wants smoke let him smoke it a free country I tried of ever tree hugger liberial telling me that I am causing this planet to heat up.

So just put a sing on your truck at says Hold your breath while my truck smokes .
Old 01-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by 07-MEGASLAB-5.9
10-4 could of been worded better i cant stand being behind that guy rolling coal and not being able to see infront of you...but the same time its pretty sweet seeing coal rolling out of 2 6s through the bed .....just my opinion not all the time but just when i want it to....so with that said ......smarty jr or diablo..would suit my 07 better? guess with all this discusion all i really wanted was a chip/programmer that will do the job...

do you know anyone that has a smaty or diablo or edge for you to try out and be able to test them out and see how you like them. the ppe cranks out lots of power and smoke but can be very hard on your truck with out proper set up running that programmer on a high level could hurt ya just like any programmer really
Old 01-09-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Hold it he wants smoke let him smoke it a free country I tried of ever tree hugger liberial telling me that I am causing this planet to heat up.

So just put a sing on your truck at says Hold your breath while my truck smokes .
Thats the dumba$$ attitude that will cause legislation and crackdowns on street driven diesels. It only takes a handfull of shmucks to mess it up for the majority.

And as unintelligent as that post was, its made even less by your lack of correct punctuation and spelling.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 PM

Builder for power, smoke will follow.

Just get on here and read.

Quick Reply: Smoke!