3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

smarty vs. bullydog (and hopefully) vs ppe...real info FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hintz
Im a huge Smarty fan and will always run it unless we get an EFIlive type thing, but you gotta be living in the closet if this is the first time you've heard bad stuff about Smarty. Bob, has always giving me GREAT customer service, but Ive heard two complaints about Smarty and Ive been hearing them from a lot of people lately and is been Surging and No customer service (cant get a hold of Bob(which I find hard to believe)) but its starting to become a trend lately.
I've been waiting for Bob to contact me about the tnt-r program/tune since I was put on the 'list' back on Dec. 4th.......
Old 01-18-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I think you missed the point I was trying to make with you altogether. You whine and complain that the Smarty boys are cheer leading but I see no difference in what you are doing..... Why is it bad for them but good for you to do?

When it is all said and done, who really cares? You guys will have differing opinions and cheer leaders for both products, I see no problem with that...there are happy customers on both sides of the aisle as it should be.
The difference Lary is I don't wade into EVERY programmer thread with gems like, "BDTD, nuff said!"

... on the other hand some people go ballistic at the mention of a certain clutch company...
Old 01-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Fisherguy
The difference Lary is I don't wade into EVERY programmer thread with gems like, "BDTD, nuff said!"

... on the other hand some people go ballistic at the mention of a certain clutch company...
On the contrary, you do indeed go into every thread and beat your chest that you are upset because somebody likes something you don't have or never tried.

That is hardly the same thing as exposing a dishonest business for what they are Are you taking up cheer leading for a product you DON'T have now as well?

On Edit: The point I am trying to make is that no matter what brand you own, you have the right to be happy with it. If you want to do a little cheer leading go ahead but I don't see any difference between the "Positive" vs "Negative" posts, they are both still a form of cheer leading.

Constantly complaining that the cheer leaders are bothering you, is just another form of cheer leading in my honest opinion, which is what I tried to tell you in private a while back.

I am not taking a position on which product is best, I think both companies have a lot of very happy customers and some that are not so happy.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
I've been waiting for Bob to contact me about the tnt-r program/tune since I was put on the 'list' back on Dec. 4th.......
As I told you before and I am certain Bob has as well, you won't get that program until you have the mods installed to handle it. That keeps you from destroying your valuable engine and is in your best interest.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:09 PM

As I told you before and I am certain Bob has as well, you won't get that program until you have the mods installed to handle it. That keeps you from destroying your valuable engine and is in your best interest.
The required parts are on.....................for a couple weeks now. I bought all the parts 12/4..........
Old 01-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

The required parts are on.....................for a couple weeks now. I bought all the parts 12/4..........
Then you need to call Bob on the phone and make sure that he is aware that you actually have the parts in place and not just waiting to install them.

Looking at your signature today, I would have to think you do not yet have them in place..... Might want to update that as well so there is no confusion
Old 01-18-2009, 04:48 PM

Then you need to call Bob on the phone and make sure that he is aware that you actually have the parts in place and not just waiting to install them.

Looking at your signature today, I would have to think you do not yet have them in place..... Might want to update that as well so there is no confusion
I've pm'd him twice....once I had recieved the parts (12/11-12/18) then after I've installed them. If he needs more than that, something should change. This is why I'm not a happy camper on the cust. serv./product. In my sig., isn't that a way of saying what you have for mods.?? I don't have wish list of parts so, what's there is what's on..........except the twin turbos are on just making a support brkt for 'em.. and it's not listed 'cuz I haven't completed..

I mean no dis-respect to you. Mr. Lary..you and I had a good conv. when I ordered the pod. Just Bob has had NO contact with me since he stated you're on the list. If he's that backed up, get help.........I've heard from other members he takes a loooonnnng time. It's like he acts like a power ***. I've sent him my email and info., if it takes any more time that I've set. I'll dump the pod......It does not sit well with me on that kind of cust. serv.

I've checked on him in the past to see how much time he's been online, I gave up on checking 'cuz he never responded to me.........
Old 01-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Admin Team Leader

I've pm'd him twice....once I had recieved the parts (12/11-12/18) then after I've installed them. If he needs more than that, something should change. This is why I'm not a happy camper on the cust. serv./product. In my sig., isn't that a way of saying what you have for mods.?? I don't have wish list of parts so, what's there is what's on..........except the twin turbos are on just making a support brkt for 'em.. and it's not listed 'cuz I haven't completed..

I mean no dis-respect to you. Mr. Lary..you and I had a good conv. when I ordered the pod. Just Bob has had NO contact with me since he stated you're on the list. If he's that backed up, get help.........I've heard from other members he takes a loooonnnng time. It's like he acts like a power ***. I've sent him my email and info., if it takes any more time that I've set. I'll dump the pod......It does not sit well with me on that kind of cust. serv.

I've checked on him in the past to see how much time he's been online, I gave up on checking 'cuz he never responded to me.........
You need to CALL him as I suggested, relying on email to do your business will only cause the very issues you are upset about.

BTW, as I mentioned earlier, your signature looked like you were saying the parts were not yet installed and thats why I suggested you update it, and no disrespect taken. I want to help you get what you want and thats why I am making these suggestions
Old 01-18-2009, 05:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i sent you and email 2-3 weeks ago and no reply, I just sent you a pm
Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM

Bob i pmed u
Old 01-18-2009, 07:16 PM

i've also been waiting for the tnt/r for my PoD since december
Old 01-18-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
...besides, if BD wins...it'll have marco creating yet another masterpiece to beat it.....

EXACTLY!! the smarty camp will not stand for this too much longer i'm sure.......

darren
Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darrenb
EXACTLY!! the smarty camp will not stand for this too much longer i'm sure.......

darren
I am sure they will but will it be available for the open public or put on a waiting list and give it out to whoever they please too?
Old 01-18-2009, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by darrenb

darren
Originally Posted by Rpainter
I am sure they will but will it be available for the open public or put on a waiting list and give it out to whoever they please too?
There are custom tunes out there now that are nasty that Marco wrote, but i doubt the general public will see them.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mudder500
Yea us general public arent special enough!
Lets face it,their are some people that are pushing the envelope,stepping into uncharted territories with a CR and they are deserving of special programs.There is and always will be someone with bigger and badder than what the majority have.This is part of the research and testing from MADS and in due time what is learned from these "special" tunes will trickle down to the majority.Most don't need it and aren't prepared for the consequences of what can come from it.I look at it as MADS way of protecting their customers and covering whats in their best interest by not giving out the special tunes.If the general public had access to them there would be countless post about how Smarty blew my motor up.Even though this would not be true it would scare many away from their product.I am content with what is available and know that something better is always just around the corner.

Quick Reply: smarty vs. bullydog (and hopefully) vs ppe...real info FINALLY!!!