3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

smarty vs. bullydog (and hopefully) vs ppe...real info FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smarty vs. bullydog (and hopefully) vs ppe...real info FINALLY!!!

sorry i re-posted this. i just wanted to change the title to hope fully catch more attention.

i am not sure if you guys are aware of this, but on another forum, a few guys are gonna be dyno-testing the smarty tnt-r vs. the bullydog crazy larry sw's and maybe the ppe today.

lately a few guys have been claiming that there larry sw's make more power on the 06/07's than the smarty tnt-r.....

i am a smarty fan all the way, but this shootout should be very interesting.

torque beast, dodgethebullet, and a few others are involved!

just thought i'd share...

darren
Old 01-17-2009, 03:08 PM

Yeah, they can keep it and fry their ECU's, I'll keep my SMARTY thank you very much... (LOL) Thanks and keep us posted! My BDDL used to throw codes all the time I'd get the ABS light and check engine light, sence the SMARTY I've been good to go...
Old 01-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by COUNTRYBOY
Yeah, they can keep it and fry their ECU's, I'll keep my SMARTY thank you very much... (LOL) Thanks and keep us posted! My BDDL used to throw codes all the time I'd get the ABS light and check engine light, sence the SMARTY I've been good to go...
Whats up man, havent heard from you in a while. Hows your dually running?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:29 PM

PM sent.....
Old 01-17-2009, 03:37 PM

please post a link or resualts
Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 PM

it's over on the cumminsforum.com. (look "smarty this..smarty that" thread)the guys doing it are in texas (i think), and they said they would be starting at around noon....it's now 1145 am here in hawaii, so they must be well on there way to the results.....

darren
Old 01-17-2009, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by COUNTRYBOY
I use Bully Dog and have tried a Few diffrent Downloads. I have never Fried My ECU and i have only had the Check engine Light come on Twice In the last 2 years. But I would still like to try a Smarty out.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by darrenb
it's over on the cumminsforum.com. (look "smarty this..smarty that" thread)the guys doing it are in texas (i think), and they said they would be starting at around noon....it's now 1145 am here in hawaii, so they must be well on there way to the results.....

darren
The one your talking about seems to dislike Smarty.
Has nothing good to say about SmartyI'll keep mine.........Better MPG, SMOOTH power. Nothing "EXPLOSIVE" about the power coming in.On the lower settings, very little smoke.With the police handing out tickets for blowin coal, Smarty is not such a bad idea after all...........Oh BTW did I mention SMARTY???
Old 01-17-2009, 06:01 PM

here's a statement form "dodgethebullet" on the other site that led to these guys pulling together to get to the bottom of this on going debate:

dodgethebullet said:

"If you go back and read the last thread: "Smarty vs Crazy Larry", I did a dyno comparison of the two. Smarty TNT-R and Crazy Larry, and the CL smoked the Smarty everywhere in the power range. Made almost 40 HP in the 3700 RPM range more and over 100 FT LBS of torque more, and whats more impressive was that it made over 100 HP in the 2200-2500 RPM range. I have both programmers here, I have tested both programmers, and I know which one out performed the other. And to me thats the difference. Real World Numbers. I would line my truck up anyday with anybody that said they had a 800 HP truck With the Smarty. Just to show them how the "BIG DOG EATS" BULLY DOG ALL THE WAY... "

his testing was done on the standard tnt sw not th tnt-r. since then bob wagner has given dodgethebullet the tnt-r specifically for their testing today.

i know each truck reacts differently to the same mods, but i find it very intriguing that the bullydog stuff which is over a few years old already, still is able to keep up with the newer smarty stuff. even after the smarty has gone thru some incredible upgrading in the past year alone!

still waiting for the results.

darren
Old 01-17-2009, 07:29 PM

torque beast over oncummins forum was gonna do some testing on this today i believe on his 05 which is where bullydog seems to shine
Old 01-17-2009, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Power is one thing to have but I'll take my combination of reliability, excellent customer service, and the vast variety of programs at hand.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
Power is one thing to have but I'll take my combination of reliability, excellent customer service, and the vast variety of programs at hand.
that is true! and that is why i chose smarty!

but just for kicks i for one would like to see who actually makes the most power. evenif it is the other guy! great for conversation!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 PM

Straight Six is also bout to do the same on his mega with twins. BD vs smarty
Old 01-17-2009, 08:23 PM

just got word from another 06 guy that he has a CUSTOM larry tune that outperforms the latest standard tnt sw. even his STANDARD larry tune beats the standard tnt as well......on his truck of course. looks like bullydog is still a force to be reckoned with!!! interesting!

darren
Old 01-17-2009, 08:39 PM

Why dont they do this test on some 03 trucks see where BD stand.

Quick Reply: smarty vs. bullydog (and hopefully) vs ppe...real info FINALLY!!!