3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

smarty vs bullydog

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
I have tried both the Bullydog and the Smarty and I like my Smarty alot better! With the few mods I have on my 2006, last year I made 581 H.P./1030TQ. with my Smarty and the TST/w-R-49, and stock injectors and a stock fuel system! IMHO,....that is darn good power.

I also have had EXCELLENT customer service from Bob Wagner and Marco and have NEVER had any problems getting any of the optional "tunes" for my Smarty Programmer. For those of you that have not been Members here long, I can tell you that Bob Wagner is on this website and the other diesel websites alot helping new and old Smarty Owners/Customers! Heck, Bob Wagner has even helped owners here on DTR with problems they have had with his competitors Programmers!! If you don't believe that, here is a link to a thread to prove it:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=189573

Bob helped one of our DTR Members with a problem he was having with a "Diablo Programmer!" How many other Technicians from the other companies have done that?? I don't know of any! That is customer service "above and beyond the call of duty" IMHO.

Bob, I don't care what anyone here or anywhere else says, the Smarty is a
great product with excellent customer service and for that I sincerely thank you and Marco!

--------
John_P
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dropped2500
Also dont forget there are tons of other ones too.. TST, Juice w/ Attitude, Quadzilla, ppe, EFI live is in the works, and etc. This whole argument is for them guys trying to have the highest HP. If you just want more power they are ALL good. Now that smarty has the POD its just all on what you want to spend and if you have to have a brand new one or spend half the price and get a used one. An dont forget that if you buy most programmers the price isnt including the gauges you should buy!
i would love to have the smarty pod but i never see anyone selling one of those used?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by phantom 309
i would love to have the smarty pod but i never see anyone selling one of those used?
They've only been for sale for the past 6 month's or so...

You will not find many used one's, but...

The DTR store has them on sale right now!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM

hijack here...Bob can i get the pod for my tntr?...thanks...
Old 01-21-2009, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
you would have to send it in for the pod upgrade jess
Old 01-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
685.00 vs 715.00 seems fair no ?
What does 685 and 715 represent?
I thought the pod was extra, and the triple costs way less than 715.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
I have tried both the Bullydog and the Smarty and I like my Smarty alot better! With the few mods I have on my 2006, last year I made 581 H.P./1030TQ. with my Smarty and the TST/w-R-49, and stock injectors and a stock fuel system! IMHO,....that is darn good power.

I also have had EXCELLENT customer service from Bob Wagner and Marco and have NEVER had any problems getting any of the optional "tunes" for my Smarty Programmer. For those of you that have not been Members here long, I can tell you that Bob Wagner is on this website and the other diesel websites alot helping new and old Smarty Owners/Customers! Heck, Bob Wagner has even helped owners here on DTR with problems they have had with his competitors Programmers!! If you don't believe that, here is a link to a thread to prove it:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=189573

Bob helped one of our DTR Members with a problem he was having with a "Diablo Programmer!" How many other Technicians from the other companies have done that?? I don't know of any! That is customer service "above and beyond the call of duty" IMHO.

Bob, I don't care what anyone here or anywhere else says, the Smarty is a
great product with excellent customer service and for that I sincerely thank you and Marco!

--------
John_P

Well put, plus Marco was involved with Customers input on options for the Smarty long before it hit the Market.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you John.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM

herd good things bout smarty. cant wate till i get 1
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 PM

well crap. i would love to have a smarty and im sure that is what im going to bet but that pod seems pretty pricy compared to how cheap bullydogs sell in the classifieds but i guess you get what you pay for
Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by phantom 309
well crap. i would love to have a smarty and im sure that is what im going to bet but that pod seems pretty pricy compared to how cheap bullydogs sell in the classifieds but i guess you get what you pay for

The Bully Dog might not be the current "flavor of the day" but there's nothing wrong with it either, tons-o-power and has change on the fly, and cheap in the classifieds, ya can't really go wrong...
Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by RunninLean
No idea where you got this idea because they have said time and time again they are not going to touch our trucks....
Saw it in one of the diesel mags and a buddy of mine does hp tuners for all the ls1's and stuff an thats who makes efi live. He also told me they are in the works of creating an efi live program for cummins!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 PM

If you really think about it, buying a smarty pod is almost the same price as a pmt or more cause gauges are around 2 to 3 hundred!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 AM

Lower EGT's are a plus with the smarty...
Old 01-22-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by COUNTRYBOY
Lower EGT's are a plus with the smarty...

A very good plus. With my smarty on SW9 and MP8 on 40% for drag racing I only see 1490-1500 degrees at the end of a quarter mile. Stock turbo for now. My first programmer was a Diablo Sport. I could see 1500 before i even got into 6th gear.

Quick Reply: smarty vs bullydog