3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty UDC

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty UDC

Udc is up for download on Mads site not the demo real thing check it out.Have not had time to mess with it yet.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:24 AM

nice, now if only i could use this stuff on my mac!!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Guess I'll try it whenever I get my old S-04 updated to the S-06 version.

MikeyB
Old 06-15-2012, 06:34 PM

Do you still need the basic dongle in order to save the file and program the smarty? Stated in the PDF instructions.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 PM

Still need the dongle, no information released from MADS about an eta.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 PM

im confused what does this mean? the dongle? can i not make my own tunes? i just got my windows computer running and im confused with how im am going to have to do this?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:20 PM

The dongle is a special cable(adapter) that will be needed to plug into the smarty and computer at the same time so you can save your modified file to your computer and the smarty programmer. The dongle contains a chip that unlocks the program so it will fully function. And like the smarty its vin locked, one dongle one truck. Thats what I got from the PDF. Not available for sell yet.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:26 PM

so wouldn't the vin locked smarty allow one UDC? one vin one UDC? why would the release the program and not allow the full use of it? i don't understand, my windows computer won't be ready until tomorrow for me to fiddle with it? and my trucks down anyway so i guess idk why i am getting so excited but im still somewhat lost? has anyone used this and figured it out?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:41 PM

-The Smarty UDC software will work only in combination with USB dongles.
There will be a “main” dongle which enables the software to run and also contains ONE VIN# license. If more than one truck (VIN #) needs to be tuned with the UDC SW (tuning shops come to mind) then separate “license” dongles will be needed. One dongle, one VIN# license.
-There is no limit to the number of licenses that can be used with the same software but the Smarty will remain as is; one truck at a time. In other words, multiple vehicles require multiple Smarty's and license dongles but only one tuning software.
-The UDC SW will be downloadable from our web site but will work only when combined with a main dongle
-For evaluation purposes, a Demo software can be downloaded for free from our website at following link: http://www.madselectronics.com/DownloadUDC.html. The Demo version can not save any changes made to a file and can not communicate with the Smarty.

This is right from mads PDF information for the software.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by firgod4
nice, now if only i could use this stuff on my mac!!
Have you ever tried VMware ?
My wife is a teacher and has a MAC and uses VMware to run certain Windows applications without any trouble..
I use VMware Workstation on my work laptop for other reasons and does a great job. May be worth trying..
Old 06-16-2012, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by GreyTD
-The Smarty UDC software will work only in combination with USB dongles.
There will be a “main” dongle which enables the software to run and also contains ONE VIN# license. If more than one truck (VIN #) needs to be tuned with the UDC SW (tuning shops come to mind) then separate “license” dongles will be needed. One dongle, one VIN# license.
-There is no limit to the number of licenses that can be used with the same software but the Smarty will remain as is; one truck at a time. In other words, multiple vehicles require multiple Smarty's and license dongles but only one tuning software.
-The UDC SW will be downloadable from our web site but will work only when combined with a main dongle
-For evaluation purposes, a Demo software can be downloaded for free from our website at following link: http://www.madselectronics.com/DownloadUDC.html. The Demo version can not save any changes made to a file and can not communicate with the Smarty.

This is right from mads PDF information for the software.

yea i read that to,idk i guess it just doesn't make any sense to me why MADS would release software but not the necessary items to use that software, has anyone used the UDC software yet? what are the first impressions?

and JP thanks i will deff look into that