3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty TNT back to BETA

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats exactly how my truck is now... top end will flat out haul, but around town, I'm having to drive with OD locked out to keep my RPMs up.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:14 PM

The tight low stall converter from Goerends and the Silveer 62 are not a good match for low end performance (I know I have the same stuff). However, the beta's and earlier software like the 4.11 were able to spool the turbo so much better at lower rpm's than this Revo stuff. I am definitely going to get bigger sticks and see if that helps and I am probably going to ditch the Smarty. Did Bob and Marco get abducted by aliens or something? They seem to have disappeared.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:50 PM

yah, don't know where they are... I really don't want to try the BD thing because I've had my ECM toasted by BD.

I haven't been keeping up with what other programmers out there are good that can stack with the MP-8, but it may be time to experiment.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
help me help me ........
Old 07-07-2009, 10:35 PM

new softwares are being worked on and we aim to please.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Megaramasaur
Thats exactly how my truck is now... top end will flat out haul, but around town, I'm having to drive with OD locked out to keep my RPMs up.
X2, Even with the Revo TNT (Below 2500 rpm), It seems like as soon as I hit OD (Drag Racing), it's all over..... Great Product through.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by BigJohnston
The tight low stall converter from Goerends and the Silveer 62 are not a good match for low end performance (I know I have the same stuff). However, the beta's and earlier software like the 4.11 were able to spool the turbo so much better at lower rpm's than this Revo stuff. I am definitely going to get bigger sticks and see if that helps and I am probably going to ditch the Smarty. Did Bob and Marco get abducted by aliens or something? They seem to have disappeared.
Yep!! Same here man, I either have insuficient programming for my tight goerend converter and/or my 62/71/13ss, or just plain and simply my gorend converter is just too tight. During certain situations, usually rolling out of turns or pulling I get a good bit of lag.....and its hard to drive it like that! Ive been thinking of calling Dave and switching converters out for a looser one, but Im going to wait and see how she runs with the cam/injectors/studs/springs first!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:44 PM

It didn't help me.. When I my tranny went south, Dave sent me a new one and I had him loosen up the TC some.... I still have the same issue, just not as bad.... and yes Bob... .HELP US>>> HELP US>>>>
Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM

Bob it is good to see you posting. I was starting to worry that MADS may have gone the way of BullyDog/VanAaken/Superchips and many other companies that just kind of stopped developement and faded away. The Smarty has definitely been one of the most exciting and powerful performance products I have seen since I got addicted to performance a few years ago. Please keep pushing forward and developing new software and even new products. I would love to see a digital guage set / programmer / power level or application(race/tow/stock) selector.

Now that I know the aliens didn't get you I am looking forward to a new revision of the TNT software or whatever new thing Marco is working on. Thanks, Tom J.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:00 PM

I have never tried the beta's but all I want is to go back to 4.06. I lost 4mpg by going to revo.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:20 AM

Is there any way I can get back beta 4.2??? Im dying to have it back now that I loaded up the revo, I can't load it back. What can I do???
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM

I think the 03-03 555 trucks are able to, but your 04.5+ its not as easy. At least thats what others are saying. I can tell you I went from beta 4.4, to TNT, back to 4.2 and it seems to be running fine. Kinda seems like my MPG dropped a bit though, but that may be the difference between 4.4 and 4.2.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 PM

Dang I want the 4.2 back it ran awesome on my truck.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:39 PM

I think we can all want in one and and crap in the other and see which one fills up first..... I'm really contemplating doing the bully dog thing... I still have some of my early bully dog files... just need to find a BDDL..... no one seems to have one around SA anymore.....?????
Old 07-14-2009, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by BigJohnston
Bob it is good to see you posting. I was starting to worry that MADS may have gone the way of BullyDog/VanAaken/Superchips and many other companies that just kind of stopped developement and faded away. The Smarty has definitely been one of the most exciting and powerful performance products I have seen since I got addicted to performance a few years ago. Please keep pushing forward and developing new software and even new products. I would love to see a digital guage set / programmer / power level or application(race/tow/stock) selector.

Now that I know the aliens didn't get you I am looking forward to a new revision of the TNT software or whatever new thing Marco is working on. Thanks, Tom J.

Tom, The 6.7L project has been a hugh project for Marco and he has the S67 dialed in with R14ME software,

The 5.9L is back on the dyno and new stuff is in the works, Please believe me we are in it for the long haul and still 100% cummins only softwares.

Thanks guys for your patience.

Bob

Quick Reply: Smarty TNT back to BETA