3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty Problem?...Bob, Marco?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty Problem?...Bob, Marco?

Ok, here is my deal. I have had the Smarty for about a couple months now. Although I have been away from home on business. So I have not put a lot of miles on it. My problem is the HVAC controls do not work. The fan control will work, but nothing else. Not sure if this problem arised right after I loaded the Smarty or not. Today I was driving down the road a figured I would see if any of the controls would work. So I pushed the defrost button a couple of times and then the A/C button a couple of times. When I pushed the A/C button, all gauges fell to 0 EBS, Brake, check engine lights on. No mileage. It said bus error. I have these to codes. P1652 (J1850 Communication Bus short to ground) and P0602 (Control Module Programming Error/NotProgrammed).

Before the fight breaks out, I am not bashing Smarty, the power is awsome. But if it killed my ECM, I will not be happy.

Anyone have any ideas.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the ecm has nothing to do with the hvac controls. The P0602 is a fueling error and is only a nuisance code.

I would look elsewhere.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Luken
Admin Edit....
Did you ever figure out if your problem was, WITHOUT A DOUBT (meaning some kind of real findings), the Smarty?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Well Something IS wrong with the Smarty. I tried to load the stock program back and it came up and said internal error 7. So then I loaded a Catcher program back in.

I am not saying that the Smarty has anything to do with the Hvac controls. It is just odd that when I pushed the A/c button everything went to 0 and I then had codes???
Old 02-19-2007, 06:37 PM

please give me a call and let me see if I can help you

toll free 888 225 7637
Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blcoonrod
Well Something IS wrong with the Smarty. I tried to load the stock program back and it came up and said internal error 7. So then I loaded a Catcher program back in.

I am not saying that the Smarty has anything to do with the Hvac controls. It is just odd that when I pushed the A/c button everything went to 0 and I then had codes???
If I offended you, it was not intentional.

I was not saying your problem could not be the Smarty. It is electrical/electronic which means it is subject to failure just like an ECM, fuel pump, sensor or the radio.

Please keep us informed on what you kind............
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Figure it out on here, not through pms etc, so everyone can learn from blcconrods problem
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM

No no, you didn't offend me. I did not mean to come across like that. I am just frustrated that I am having these problems. And I think they are linked to the Smarty because I have never had any of these problems before.

Bob do you have a stock program you can send me. Because I can't load my stock program back in?

Thanks, Brad
Old 02-19-2007, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDually
Figure it out on here, not through pms etc, so everyone can learn from blcconrods problem

It will be posted here I just need info from a person with a name so I can better provide technical assistance.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:08 PM

Right On Bob
Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Just to let everyone know, I just got off the phone with Bob. He is going to speek with Marco tomarrow and see what he thinks. They definetly stand behind there product.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
Did you ever figure out if your problem was, WITHOUT A DOUBT (meaning some kind of real findings), the Smarty?
I have no clue... I've been to the dealer and they can't figure it out. Suprise suprise....

I've tried to get ahold of John at Floor It because some people have told me he might know how to get it fixed.

Possibly he might know what to do with your problem. Hopefully he can get mine back to normal...
Old 02-19-2007, 08:55 PM

blccoonrod the first time I had loaded the smarty my ac would not even come on so I unloaded it and then it work. Then I loaded it again it did the samething so I left like that and after a few start it had finally started working and have not had problem since. I am not saying the smarty was the problem it seem funny when it was loaded it didn't work and unloaded it work but I haven't had problem since though.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:44 PM

rstone thank you for your input it is much appreciated

Luken, John has sold a few smarty's too without one complaint.

If we can deliver a better product in the future you know darn well we will.

We have lots of future plans
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 PM

The defrost button....which one is that.....the mirror heater button...that is one whacky problem.....but where exactly do you live that you need A/C today as it is -15 degree C where I am ya lucky dog. ks

Quick Reply: Smarty Problem?...Bob, Marco?