3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: Smarty or Spray? (please leave a comment on the reason for your vote)
Smarty
92.21%
Spray
7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Smarty or NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Lloyd... thank you That stuff was priceless. I talked John into it... the conversation was more like... "ok, I'll do it"... then... "you don't have head studs? What were you thinking?"

Here's the stupider vid... just after some serious wrist surgery to repair an exploded tendon...
Old 09-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lmills
Yep Mark, that was me. LOL Honestly, It was John's idea. LOL As for the goofy comment about using my jacket to shield debris??? Come on now. That is just plain goofy. My hand was cold. LOL And for the guys making the comments about it being crazy and irresponsible, unless you were there, you can not honestly say for sure how much was shot into the tract. I could sit at home all day and watch videos and make my own assumptions. however it would be just that. An assumption. In case you have never heard the phrase, assume is nothing more than an "butt" with u and me at the end.

Now,,,,, the dumbest thing I have done to date......Probably turning my snow plow rig/daily driver into a 1289 HP toy. But dang I love it.
Yea I know you know what you were doing, that is why you took your other hand and held it in front of your face as you ducked your head below the fender because you knew what you were doing and you knew it could go bad and go bad fast.

I was not there but the video guy says "well here is some red neck engineering". Sort of says it all.

The comment in this thread that indicated that some one else will now do what they saw and do it without knowing that it could go bad is so true. That is why in my first comment there should have been a warning to never do what is was you were doing in the video.

Last but not least I don't have to have built Nitrous systems for 20 years to know and not assume what could go wrong, just as I do not need to swim with sharks or jump off the Golden Gate bridge to know that it does not always turn out reall well by the time you are done doing it.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:20 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh heck, I thought that video was great. Ever hook a leaf blower to a van and drive it down the road? Of all times I wish I had a camcorder on me.

I know some say its unsafe and all that stuff and they are right. But, if you do not push the envelope past what guys say are crazy we would not be where we are with our trucks and the power they produce.

I bet the first guy that cranked up a diesel was called a crazy nutjob and was told it would blow up and not run right.

Mad, nice vid of the roller skates. Wheres the video of you riding a little red wagon down a monster hill 30MPH? Those were good times.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Holy crap! What part of stop bashing each other don't you get? I understand if you think someone else is stupid... if you think I'm stupid... PM me! I have no problem with that!

For the love of god, don't make me lock this.

Let's have a good time.

No, we should have not sprayed NO2 into an intake. Yes, we did. No one died. No, no one else should do it.

That's it.

One more whiney, cry-baby post, and I'll abuse my power as an admin and lock the thread, delete it, and mute who ever cry's about it for a month.

Grow the heck up.

If you don't like it, PM me. We'll discuss it like grown ups, but not on an open forum.

For the love of pete...
Old 09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by matego
Mad, nice vid of the roller skates. Wheres the video of you riding a little red wagon down a monster hill 30MPH? Those were good times.
I did not have a camera... wait till I fix their go-cart... it's gettin a 25hp motor and nos... then we'll see...

BTW... if you are thinking about buying a go-cart... pm me, I'll tell you where not to buy one... I sent them a mail bomb over this PO... garbage...
Old 09-23-2008, 07:42 PM

Dang. I've been too busy to be on here. The video got pulled?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 PM

man you guys sound like a bunch of sissys. who cares what people do. if they die they die there fault. someone wants to have fun doing something stupid let them have fun. anyways smarty first tune the rig in realy good and then use the nitrous and have some more fun.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by omaharam
Dang. I've been too busy to be on here. The video got pulled?
What vid? I ain't pulled nothin...
Originally Posted by tatkins85
man you guys sound like a bunch of sissys. who cares what people do. if they die they die there fault. someone wants to have fun doing something stupid let them have fun. anyways smarty first tune the rig in realy good and then use the nitrous and have some more fun.
Almost Amen!

My daddy always said... "Gonna be dumb... gotta be tough..."

I hope he dies, too...
Old 09-23-2008, 08:14 PM

i dont hope any one dies but if they do they do no skin of my back let people do what they want to do. you need to do a smarty first ive just found out the hard way that i should of tuned my rig first before buying and installing nitrous. if i could do my whole truck over again i would built everything to handle power first they i would add the power get the most out of the truck as i can then prep the truck for the nitorus and spray the crap out of it.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:15 PM

plus your edge juice adds alot of timming and the nitrous will do so also.so to much timming will end up all bad.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

And... not paying attention in English class...

Sorry... My bad, dude. Gave you a hundred extra posts for that insult...
Old 09-23-2008, 08:29 PM

??? im trying to give you information on your truck like you asked and your insulting me? Didn’t you just have a post asking people to stop insulting people?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 PM

I would go Smarty and not spray. Not really a fan of the spray. I have a Quadzilla now and when funds are available I will be going to Smarty.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
H

For the love of pete...
Who is this Pete you speak of? Does he like nitrous? If so, does he inject it pre turbo or post?
Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lmills
Who is this Pete you speak of? Does he like nitrous? If so, does he inject it pre turbo or post?

Now that is funny. The normal LOL is just not enough to cover it.

Quick Reply: Smarty or NOS?