3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: Smarty or Spray? (please leave a comment on the reason for your vote)
Smarty
92.21%
Spray
7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Smarty or NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark - That last video you posted should have a serious warning, that was just off the chart on the wrong way to test Nitrous.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, when I see them break out the P-NASTI (Pre-compressor Nitrous Activation SysTem Injection), I head for the bay door... the shrapnel that makes it out to the parking lot is already spent.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CamperAndy
Mark - That last video you posted should have a serious warning, that was just off the chart on the wrong way to test Nitrous.
x100, you couldnt pay me enough to do that
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad you remind me of one of my best buds in Afghanistan right now. He drives a tanker for the Army. Ya'll are both nuts!!!! Lol
Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
WOW... flame suit on!

If that's the stupidest thing that has ever been done... good for me.

100 hp and tq, tho...
Old 09-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madhat
WOW... flame suit on!

If that's the stupidest thing that has ever been done... good for me.

100 hp and tq, tho...
You were fine behind the wheel it was the two guys with their nose under the hood. I liked the one guys attempt at flash back protection by pulling his sleeve down over his hand.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 PM

yea that is the perfict example why the gas has a bad rep, its just like a gun in the right hands the best tool you will ever have in the hands of a moron the worst thing ever made.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 82NDSNPR
yea that is the perfict example why the gas has a bad rep, its just like a gun in the right hands the best tool you will ever have in the hands of a moron the worst thing ever made.
Yeah, but even non-morons have nitrous backfires and explosions sometimes.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Anything has a bad rep in the presence of ding dongs...

Easy on my buddies, there. I kinda egged them into it.

It went well...
Old 09-23-2008, 03:47 PM

eh hmmm. Thanks guys I appreciate being called a moron. I should also let you know you are calling Mr. John P the other moron. He has probably forgotten more than some of you will ever know. I think between the two of us we have played more with the giggle gas than some of you could even comprehend. To each there own though. Maybe you could give me some tuning advice.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:55 PM

bottom line is that is why gas has a bad rep u put it int he hands of someone who does not know how much to use and then wow u turned a turbo into a hand gernade. now u may say u know all this and that and so be it but someone eles sees that and figures they can do the same without the know how and someone gets hurt. and we all know its the morons who ruin it for the rest of us, if that statement does not apply to u then so be it but it does apply to those who deserve it.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

This was what I was worried about.

Let's keep it grown up here. We've taken our shots, everyone's done dumb stuff.

Be nice, gents. Wait, I'll post an even more stupid video later...

Lloyd, that was you? I didn't know that...
Old 09-23-2008, 04:03 PM

i agree mad my statement is not to call anyone a moron or say they dont know what they are doing, its a statement that they have a darwin award for a reason. and that gas has bad rep with alot of people because the general public buying it from summit and jegs and other places dont have the experince nor do they educate themself enough before using it. to be honest im scarred to use it on my rig i run tons of it in my chevelle but i dont have a turbo to worrie about. that is why i ask questons to guys like mag and others who are using it.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:05 PM

Yep Mark, that was me. LOL Honestly, It was John's idea. LOL As for the goofy comment about using my jacket to shield debris??? Come on now. That is just plain goofy. My hand was cold. LOL And for the guys making the comments about it being crazy and irresponsible, unless you were there, you can not honestly say for sure how much was shot into the tract. I could sit at home all day and watch videos and make my own assumptions. however it would be just that. An assumption. In case you have never heard the phrase, assume is nothing more than an "butt" with u and me at the end.

Now,,,,, the dumbest thing I have done to date......Probably turning my snow plow rig/daily driver into a 1289 HP toy. But dang I love it.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by lmills
Yep Mark, that was me. LOL Honestly, It was John's idea. LOL As for the goofy comment about using my jacket to shield debris??? Come on now. That is just plain goofy. My hand was cold. LOL And for the guys making the comments about it being crazy and irresponsible, unless you were there, you can not honestly say for sure how much was shot into the tract. I could sit at home all day and watch videos and make my own assumptions. however it would be just that. An assumption. In case you have never heard the phrase, assume is nothing more than an "butt" with u and me at the end.

Now,,,,, the dumbest thing I have done to date......Probably turning my snow plow rig/daily driver into a 1289 HP toy. But dang I love it.

So how many here that think it was the stupidest thing they ever saw have actually built nitrous motors, raced with nitrous, completely designed their own nitrous system 20 years ago when barely anybody used it....or heck for that matter ever touched an actual nitrous jet. Prety much a turbo is already a grenade as soon as you put boost to it.........As far as shielding, anybody that ever stands next to an everyday running motor is kind of taking there life in there hands.

Quick Reply: Smarty or NOS?