3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: Smarty or Spray? (please leave a comment on the reason for your vote)
Smarty
92.21%
Spray
7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Smarty or NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
smarty cause you cant go around spraying all day to stay cool.

buy smarty, sell edge and get some spray with you edge cash...you will not regret it
boxes/modules cant and don't even compare to Smarty/programmer power....
Wild TQ management for the win!!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by haloman
BTW, when the POD smarty is released you have noe arguemnt to keep your edge.
I disagree with that. I will not get rid of mine.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 PM

power level changes on the fly are over rated IMHO...
Old 09-22-2008, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got to go with the crowd on this one Mark. I think the advanced timing of the Smarty will help with egt's.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:12 PM
trx

Originally Posted by mulisha
twins with the smarty, and be done with it.
X2!!

You know you want the twins.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Banned

Tune the truck FOR spray. Don't try to tune the truck WITH spray.

Getting a Smarty just makes so much more sense.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:20 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jrussell
Tune the truck FOR spray. Don't try to tune the truck WITH spray.

Getting a Smarty just makes so much more sense.
I gotta go along with jrussell on this one.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Well, boys, thanks for the imput... but I made my mind up tonight when I went out and played a little... I'm gettin the smarty.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...8&postcount=48
Old 09-22-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
boxes/modules cant and don't even compare to Smarty/programmer power....
I love the Smarty so don't get me wrong, but unless you've been in a truck that responds really well to the Juice, you are speaking out of turn. Revo on 9 is no more powerful than Juice on 6 and TNT is not that much more. I haven't had the money to buy the dyno time to back up my statements, but a ride in my truck tells the story. The Smarty does run much cooler though.

Why do you say that adjust on the fly is overated?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM

my thoughs is go with the smarty. you cant always use the nitrous but the smarty will always be on. plus i think you should get your truck completly tuned in before useing nitrous, get the most out of the motot you can then get more with some spray. pluss this might be some helpful info for you. i had a edge juice and went to a bully dog and dropped 200 d* in the egt department then i moved from the bd to a smarty and dropped again about 150 d* so that would be a 350 d* reduction just switch to a smarty. a smarty runs cooler then any programmer i have tried and the edge juice always ran hotter then most for me.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 PM

i say spray just to show smarty owners that the juice can hold its own and play with the big dogs!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
I love the Smarty so don't get me wrong, but unless you've been in a truck that responds really well to the Juice, you are speaking out of turn. Revo on 9 is no more powerful than Juice on 6 and TNT is not that much more. I haven't had the money to buy the dyno time to back up my statements, but a ride in my truck tells the story. The Smarty does run much cooler though.

Why do you say that adjust on the fly is overated?
you said it in your last sentence..
I have ran boxes on my truck and they cant come close to the low end grunt that smarty has..boxes cant change TQ management settings and from what I have tried TQ management adjustment is the ticket...I'm not speaking out of turn I am speaking what I have felt in my own truck..look at smartys track record too...ALL the high horse CR trucks run smarty, TST and MP8's..I'm glad you like your edge but from what I have tried boxes run way to hot for my liking...I'm just saying why run hot if you don't need to??
so say smarty and edge give the same HP on your truck...why run a hot edge when you can make the same power with lots cooler temps???

when I had a adjustable box/module on my truck i never really felt like I needed to change levels..I control my settings with my right foot...
Old 09-22-2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
you said it in your last sentence..
I have ran boxes on my truck and they cant come close to the low end grunt that smarty has..boxes cant change TQ management settings and from what I have tried TQ management adjustment is the ticket...I'm not speaking out of turn I am speaking what I have felt in my own truck..look at smartys track record too...ALL the high horse CR trucks run smarty, TST and MP8's..I'm glad you like your edge but from what I have tried boxes run way to hot for my liking...I'm just saying why run hot if you don't need to??
so say smarty and edge give the same HP on your truck...why run a hot edge when you can make the same power with lots cooler temps???

when I had a adjustable box/module on my truck i never really felt like I needed to change levels..I control my settings with my right foot...
You can't control 650-700hp with your foot all the time. I cannot drive my truck around with TNT loaded on 4 torque mngmt and sw9 all the time. It is way too smokey for traffic. With the Juice I can go from 450hp to 600+hp as fast as I can push a button 6 times. To me, that is not overrated!

Sorry for the thread jack fellas.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
You can't control 650-700hp with your foot all the time. I cannot drive my truck around with TNT loaded on 4 torque mngmt and sw9 all the time. It is way too smokey for traffic. With the Juice I can go from 450hp to 600+hp as fast as I can push a button 6 times. To me, that is not overrated!

Sorry for the thread jack fellas.
hey man its cool everybody has their own opinions and not everybody likes the the same things..I offered my opinion...and you offered yours..nobody has to be right or wrong....
my handshaker drives totally different then a auto truck on top of all this.
its cool
cheers buddy
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM

yea autos suck nos rules smarty does to but im stuck with a pmt ahhhhhhhh and i have an auto ahhhhh

Quick Reply: Smarty or NOS?