3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty Level 9, Yeah Baby!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 02:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smarty Level 9, Yeah Baby!!

Well I did some towing over Thanksgiving and lowered the Smarty down from Level 5 down to Level 3. I haven't changed it or messed with it all month of December. Just been busy and this and that. So I have been running around empty on level 3.

Well, I changed my oil Sunday....and I thought well, while im out here messing with the truck.......... I might as well try out the Ole Level #9 and play with fire for a while.

Geesh....this thing really WAKES up the truck like I have never felt before. Stock tranny is holding fine....and again...im not one to abuse my truck much. But WOW!!

I know my truck dyno'd 280 stock. and 397 w/Smarty on level 5. It HAS to be over 450 and maybe pushing 500 now....just by SOP dyno. It pulls so hard from a stop.....mid range.....upper range ....whereever. It makes my 8140lb. truck feel like a Corvette or a Transam in straight line acceleration.

OK...Ill shut up now. I just had to put in another plug for the Smarty. If you were thinking about getting something else ......DON'T DO IT. Get a SMARTY and you can smile as big me.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Level 9 is nice. I've only ran it for about 30 minutes because the first time I rolled into it I ran right through my clutch. Back to level three for me until I get a new clutch.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gee Robert, you're gonna shoot your eye out!

Shall we start taking donates for your new tranny?

MikeyB
Old 12-20-2006, 07:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i have been on level 9 for about 2 weeks!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:25 AM

my tranny did not like level 9. When I de-programmed to let streetsmoker borrow the SMARTY I had it on 7 and it would slip the TC in overdrive...
Old 12-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

Finally you've become a man and started playing with your truck. Guess I need to step it up and throw the twins on before you catch me.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:46 PM

What level #9? The stock, mild, or moderate torque management? This Smarty software is getting confusing. Now Marco is making new levels for aftermarket injectors, boost fooling, along with the different torque management levels. Check out what he has to say on TDR about the new changes he is making in the software.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...29#post1656829

In the future, when we want to exclaim our joy with the Smarty, we will have to post what softare version we are using.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:53 PM

I'm running the latest update on SW9, moderate TQ management. I am super pleased. The smoke reduction in normal driving was significantly reduced, and it's a rocket! I only have about 200 miles on level 9, but so far, I like it so much I have no desire to change or try anything else. My SPEC Stage 3+ clutch kit handles every ounce of the torque, even w/ a 3000 lb trailer which would make my stock clutch slip at 1/2 throttle on SW5 or with my BDDL Crazy Larry.

I am actually going to go row some gears tonight at the local drag strip to see how SW9 performs. Hopefully I can get some decent MPH.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
Level 9 is nice. I've only ran it for about 30 minutes because the first time I rolled into it I ran right through my clutch. Back to level three for me until I get a new clutch.

See ya should got a slushbox!!! The 48re, under my type of usage is holding fine...no slippage. But then again, I roll into it. I don't hammer it.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by HappyGA
my tranny did not like level 9. When I de-programmed to let streetsmoker borrow the SMARTY I had it on 7 and it would slip the TC in overdrive...

Happy...is your tranny a 48re or 47?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Finally you've become a man and started playing with your truck. Guess I need to step it up and throw the twins on before you catch me.

Boy..........yes i said...BOY.....you're already beat and you don't even know it yet....

You need to put your little blue truck on a Dyno Jet and see what it is REALLY putting down... No inflated mustang numbers...
Old 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by RonsRig
What level #9? The stock, mild, or moderate torque management? This Smarty software is getting confusing. Now Marco is making new levels for aftermarket injectors, boost fooling, along with the different torque management levels. Check out what he has to say on TDR about the new changes he is making in the software.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...29#post1656829

In the future, when we want to exclaim our joy with the Smarty, we will have to post what softare version we are using.

Honestly, I don't know what the version number is. It is the latest one as of about 3 months ago....but not this newest one. I haven't updated with the new one. I am afraid too. I love it the way it is.......and fear it might mess it up and not run as well.............as silly as that might sound.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
You need to put your little blue truck on a Dyno Jet and see what it is REALLY putting down... No inflated mustang numbers...

thats funny right there
Old 12-20-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Gee Robert, you're gonna shoot your eye out!

Shall we start taking donates for your new tranny?

MikeyB

Yes, please Mikey. Any and all donations accepted!!!!! I will inform you of the bank and bank account number soon on my new website.

www.TexasCTDtrannydonationfund.com
Old 12-20-2006, 01:17 PM

is www.TexasCTDtrannydonationfund.com a DTR advertiser? watch out for the admins!

just kidding admins....

Quick Reply: Smarty Level 9, Yeah Baby!!