3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty or juice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty or juice?

Im goin to buy a chip for my truck next week and would like opinions on which route i should go a smarty with quad gauges or a edge attitude w/ juice. I like the smarty because i have big tires and want to adjust the speedo and it reads codes but i have always ran edge products. I plan on adding injectors and exhaust and intake but thats probably it for mods any help is always apperciatted so let it fly guys.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:37 AM

well ive had a juice it was safe power, BUT not huge power. edge makes nice products but the smarty has some choices of no timing so you can stack something with it if you want later on. all depends on what you plan on doing with it. if you dont wanna build the drivetrain, the juice would be a good choice. If you want to build your truck, the smarty would be great.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't dare knock the juice...because I have no experience with it. But I love my Smarty. Plays well with other boxes, so I hear. You can tone it down if you want or put 170 extra hp to the rear wheels with an otherwise stock truck.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 AM

most trucks with the edge put down 350-380hp on the dyno. this guy above put down 466 with his smarty. that tells me theres a big difference between what they can do.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jwb600
most trucks with the edge put down 350-380hp on the dyno. this guy above put down 466 with his smarty. that tells me theres a big difference between what they can do.
Well, I've been trying to wait until I play some more today before I posted on here. I was going to start, and probably will, a whole new thread. But, on Friday I received a SMARTY from Bob Wagner to try out. I disconnected the Juice and mp-8 and loaded #6. By the way, it's the wild program for stock injectors and aftermarket turbo. I was very dissapointed. I then loaded #9. I am still not very impressed. I don't think it's any faster than the Hot Juice, and it for sure doesn't have the top end. I'm going to do some playing after work today and see if I can determine for sure which is better. I will also hook the mp-8 back up and do some comparing with the stacks as well. I will be trying a TST stack with it very soon, but right now, first impressions of SMARTY alone - not impressed.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by jwb600
Oh, and something I forgot in the above post. I make about 425hp with the HOT Juice with no mp-8 and no Snow, but the rest of the stuff in my sig.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:42 PM

You need to try that Smarty with the Edge and see how that works out. I know you've seen tons of guys on here dying to see that combo.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by t-boe
You need to try that Smarty with the Edge and see how that works out. I know you've seen tons of guys on here dying to see that combo.
Unfortunately, there are a couple that have tried it and it doesn't work. There is no power difference between level 0 and level 5. I'm going to try it anyway after work today - just because. The consensus seems to be that the Edge can only modify stock ecm signals and that it doesn't know what to do with the signals that have already been changed by the SMARTY. But trust me, if it happens to work for MY truck, I'll be oh so happy.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omaharam
Unfortunately, there are a couple that have tried it and it doesn't work. There is no power difference between level 0 and level 5. I'm going to try it anyway after work today - just because. The consensus seems to be that the Edge can only modify stock ecm signals and that it doesn't know what to do with the signals that have already been changed by the SMARTY. But trust me, if it happens to work for MY truck, I'll be oh so happy.
my tranny builder stacks his Juice with his Smarty....and it works. huge increase in smoke and some power. Its not the best smarty stack out there but it works for him. note: he has an 04 305/555
Old 02-19-2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
my tranny builder stacks his Juice with his Smarty....and it works. huge increase in smoke and some power. Its not the best smarty stack out there but it works for him. note: he has an 04 305/555
My bet is that his seems to be working because he is able to take advantage of the fact that his Juice adds pressure. I don't think (and I could be wrong - actually hoping I am) that the timing and duration portion of the Juice are working.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omaharam
My bet is that his seems to be working because he is able to take advantage of the fact that his Juice adds pressure. I don't think (and I could be wrong - actually hoping I am) that the timing and duration portion of the Juice are working.
i don't know man....

go try it and report back!
Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
i don't know man....

go try it and report back!
Oh, I will. Right after work. And you can see how bad I'm wanting to go play with it since I'm at work right now and all I'm doing is hanging out on the forum. Where's the boss? Oh yeah, he's off today.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Juice does not work with SMARTY. Starting a new thread for SMARTY questions.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:38 PM

The attitude will be easier than installing those gauges and will give you on the fly control. HP gains would probly be better with the smarty though. You can read codes with both I think.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by diggity dodge
Im goin to buy a chip for my truck next week and would like opinions on which route i should go a smarty with quad gauges or a edge attitude w/ juice. I like the smarty because i have big tires and want to adjust the speedo and it reads codes but i have always ran edge products. I plan on adding injectors and exhaust and intake but thats probably it for mods any help is always apperciatted so let it fly guys.
The Juice/Attitude can read and clear codes. It can adjust speed and display it on the attitude for bigger tires but not on your speedometer. One of this sites sponsors sells the Edge Juice/Attitude combo for less than what a Smarty costs, plus free shipping. Then you won't have to spend another $300 or more on guages like you would if you bought a Smarty.

The Smarty is rated at 170 Hp.
The Edge Juice is rated at 160 Hp.

Either would be a good choice.

I choose the edge juice/attitude because it can do everything a Smarty can do plus more.

Quick Reply: Smarty or juice?