3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty Jr. vs. Quad X2

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty Jr. vs. Quad X2

I've decided to go with either Smarty Jr. or Quad X2. They both seem like great products. I assume they both make about the same power. Is that correct?

My biggest concern is if the Smarty program gets corrupted or craps out when I'm out fishing, hunting, etc. (far from a tow truck). Maybe this is not a problem at all. Has this happened to anyone using Smarty?

With the X2, I can disconnect the module and run in stock mode if I encounter a problem. I also like the shift on the fly feature.

Any advice to help me decide? I'm going to get an early Xmas present!

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get a regular Smarty and stack it with the X2!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:25 PM

I wish I could afford to do that! For now, it's either Jr. or X2.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:30 PM

I say X2 and then get the regular Smarty later...
Old 11-24-2007, 09:05 PM

I am also on the fence between the Jr and the X2.....

I probably would have already ordered an X2 but I think they are having a problem with filling orders..
Now they announced the Jr and it looks apealing also...
I want a box/programmer thats good for a daily driver that adds more low end power and gets better mpg without smoke...
I have also considered a used Triple dog but I drove my buddys 06 the other day with the crazy larry...It made awesome power but it seemed very peaky..Realy took off around 2000 rpm...I want power off idle...
Old 11-24-2007, 09:44 PM

I would like to know the how the products differ in performance and design. Anyone?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:51 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
First, Smarty Jr. is a programmer/downloader. X2 is a module/box.

They both have differing yet advantageous features. For standard X2 and Smarty Jr. top power advertised is the same. They might get there a little differently however.

Research the websites of both products for more info to compare and then decide. They are both quality products that you will get great service from here at DTR.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:18 PM

Question

I read the advertisements for both, before i posted but i'm still ignorant. Still hoping to hear from the guys that have used them and their observations. Life's too short to learn from all the mistakes myself, so I want to learn from those that have been there.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:07 PM

you wont find to many JR reviews to compare to since it has not been shipped yet...I like the X2 cause you can turn it up or down on the fly..cant do that with a Smarty JR and to me that's the only drawback to a Smarty JR.if you want something with lower hp tunes(jr and X2) then get the X2 forget about the JR and get the "BIG!!! Smarty" when your ready to go all out.they are all great products..but you could start with the x2 and then stack Big Smarty later and have some burly power.thats my thoughts on it anyway..
Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2
Why not stack the Smarty Jr. and the X2? I may try it that's why I ask.
never thought of that!!!! should work fine right????
Old 11-24-2007, 11:53 PM

I went w/ the X2 mostly 'cause I got it for $100 less than the 'early bird' price of the Jr..
Old 11-25-2007, 12:05 AM

I like my X2 and Commander setup. I am saving up for the Jr. to stack with the X2 as well as taking my right foot to weightwatchers...LOL

Wood
Old 11-25-2007, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by tincan
My biggest concern is if the Smarty program gets corrupted or craps out when I'm out fishing, hunting, etc. (far from a tow truck). Maybe this is not a problem at all. Has this happened to anyone using Smarty?
Not an issue to be concerned about....once it's loaded and working, the only way it's going to leave you stranded is if your ecm craps out and you'd be screwed no matter what power enhancer you had.....only thing i could think could go wrong is if you reprogrammed and had an issue (lost battery charge,...)....but that's not a common occurance if at all...i've personally programmed mine 40+ times w/o issue. If a download does get corrupted,, there's a recovery mode so it can go back to stock w/o issue....so basically, no problem.

I'm partial to the smarty, but I dont think you can go wrong with either choice, both get tons of positive feedback and have excellent support....

Quick Reply: Smarty Jr. vs. Quad X2