3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty Jr. Revo Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty Jr. Revo Questions

Hey, I have been reading all the posts about the new revo software. Have not loaded it onto my smarty jr. yet. But when I do, I take it that it still has the preset settings - economy - tow - performance. But then you can also adjust the timing and torque management levels for whichever setting you are running. Throughout reading these threads I have found that for the most overall power the tm 4 and tq 2 are the settings to go with. So if I set the programmer to Performance setting with tm4 and tq2 then that would be the most powerful setting available. Is that the preset setting for the performance mode already? Someone also posted their truck had the most power and the most smoke on the tow setting with tm4 and tq2. To me it seems that the performance setting with tm4 and tq2 would give you the most power. I know everyone is kind of confused with this, any help would be greatly appreciated. In short-- what settings will give me the most power , I don't care if it smokes or not.

What setting is the best for fuel economy? once again I dont care about the smoke.

Also, is there a setting that will be safer to run the truck during the winter? or do these settings have nothing to do with that?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:07 AM

Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
I would like to know also, come on you guys stop being so tight with your knowledge Or maybe you dont know
Old 01-02-2009, 10:10 AM

Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
This might help I found it the other day look at ah64id's post

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ty+revo&page=4
Old 01-02-2009, 02:34 PM

Yeah, I had read all those posts. I still don't have a complete understanding of it all? Are there any differences in the preset economy, tow, and performance settings than the original version i had?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:56 PM

I have mine on TOW with tm4 and tq2. I'm not sure which setting has the most power for you guys. My JR. is the beta 4 version (low smoke). This version has a glitch-- level 2 and level 3 have nearly the same HP ~100hp.

I dyno'd 422hp/854tq on level 3 with the EZ on 3 as well. But that was prior to updating to the Revo. Since the update it doesn't seem as powerful.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm running sw3 (performance) and stock TQ & TM. I tried sw3 with TQ4 and TM4 but didn't like the troddle responce. I miss the smoke, the new Revo update has almost no smoke unless you get into it. I wish some of the smoke was still there, not all of it but some. If anyone has other combos please share, I'm also seeking the best settings for the JR.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:19 AM

I haven't got the chance to play with it much. I set the TM to 4 and TQ to 2 and programmed the performance setting on mine. In my opinion it didnt run as good as the original program on performance, Also this was the first time my clutch has ever slipped. I plugged the jr. back in and set the tm and tq to default. But it still seems the same as it was, maybe I need to have it set on default and actually let it reprogram the performance setting again for it to take affect. Hell if I know, I do know that as of now I liked the old settings 100 times better. It seems that everyone else is running it on the tm4 and tq2 on tow setting, I dont understand that though, it seems to me that then you would only be getting 75hp. For the most power wouldn't you use those settings on performance mode? Someone, please help us.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 AM

Tonight I changed mine to SW2 and TM4 and TQ2, well see how it runs tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 AM

Just be aware that if you choose to set it to the levels you suggest, level 3 Tm 4 TQ 2 it WILL SLIP your clutch when you jump it. I put mine back to level 2 TM 2 TQ 4 and wait/pray for money to buy a bigger clutch, might be a while.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 AM

Do you mean you put it to level 2, with tm4 and tq2?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by JONNY06DIEZAL
Do you mean you put it to level 2, with tm4 and tq2?
Nope. . . I went from level 3 back to level 2 towing and I set TQ from 2 to 4 because I thought after reading all the threads that this TQ was less aggreesive than when I had TQ set to 4. Getting 19.5 MPG hand calc with this set up.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM

I am going to go play with mine some, let you know what I find out.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:03 PM

Johnny06, when you change the REVO settings you need to reprogram the truck for them to take effect, you can't just have performance loaded and the up the TM, you need to adjust settings then reprogram, thats maybe why you can tell no difference.

I have a question, is the new REVO software back to the advertised HP or is it derated?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:58 PM

Yes, I figured out that after you adjust the tm or tq you have to go through the download process for whichever sw setting you are using. I tried the tm4 and tq2 on the tow (sw#2) setting and ran alot better and smoother than the sw#3 with tm4 and tq2, which slipped my clutch. I still havent tried the Performance (sw#3) setting with tm and tq on default, but the way I take it is that if you set the tq and tm adjustments to default and load whatever sw setting you wish, it SHOULD be like the old program. Thats what I am hoping for, because as of right now I liked the old Performance setting better than anything else I have tried.

In short, the only real good thing I see in the REVO software is the fact that you could maybe adjust the tm's and tq's to where you could not be blowing soot all over something you are pulling, and also maybe you can figure out which settings give your truck the best mpgs.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 PM

If you run sw3 with defalt tm and tq, there will be little smoke. The update changed all three settings and added revo to our Jr's. I ran sw3 with defalt tm and tq for two weeks and had very little smoke as compaired to the older performance setting.

Quick Reply: Smarty Jr. Revo Questions