3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty Jr Power on Demand free download becomes availabel

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rod_Montana
ah64id, been driving all winter on mountain ice with your previous recommendatins. Many thanks for that.
No problems, glad its working out for you.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting...I went to the MADS site, but when I click on the new POD download for Smarty JR, I get "page not found". Has this been taken down?

SJRPV508ADR14S.7z is displayed, but the link doesn't work.

Nevermind, went back to the previous page and saw Bob's explanation.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:07 PM

Interesting...I went to the MADS site, but when I click on the new POD download for Smarty JR, I get "page not found". Has this been taken down?

SJRPV508ADR14S.7z is displayed, but the link doesn't work.

Nevermind, went back to the previous page and saw Bob's explanation.
Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
The download is taken off line to check for any error. Thank you for your patience.

Bob
It appears down..
Old 01-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Thanks Bob & Marco! On MADS site, it says 'power isn't linear'. Does that mean if I mash on it, I'll get the full power of the SW I'm using but using the throttle normal it will be at the % I set it at? Also, what would be the best way for me to take advantage of this while towing a 9K lb. 5'er? Will I have to be changing the % everytime I take off from a stop? TIA
Old 01-24-2009, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by LFD2037
Thanks Bob & Marco! On MADS site, it says 'power isn't linear'. Does that mean if I mash on it, I'll get the full power of the SW I'm using but using the throttle normal it will be at the % I set it at? Also, what would be the best way for me to take advantage of this while towing a 9K lb. 5'er? Will I have to be changing the % everytime I take off from a stop? TIA
When towing put it back to full power, 99, and forget about it...

I think by not liner they mean the power available won't change with the pedal position.

The main advantage to the PoD is empty driving.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Early in this thread, someone mentioned a Smarty interface cable that has a 90deg connector. I wonder if someone could post some details, like source and part number, please.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:42 PM

well i finally tested it out today on the way to work, its pretty nice how it cuts power down like that. I mean to some its a way to put the 100hp on finally and then cut it back from there, for me i ran 100hp all the time but realized its not needed 90% of the time. so i drove to work on 50%, and wow does it cut the power down but still nice to drive. My truck dynoed at 387rwhp with the sw3 so i figure i am about 195rwhp and the truck still moves down the road fine. Was at 3lbs of boost cruising when i was normally at 10-11. So good job Marco.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:36 PM

I have a question, if you are trying to obtain the most MPG possible are you better off running on sw1 and reducing hp or sw2 or sw3 and reducing? I am toying around with my settings, unfortunately don't have enough miles for results yet, but looking for the best general settings for the direction that I am trying to go which is mpg's.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:33 PM

Early in this thread, someone mentioned a Smarty interface cable that has a 90deg connector. I wonder if someone could post some details, like source and part number, please.
I just bought mine here works fantastic very discrete.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by woodrep
I have a question, if you are trying to obtain the most MPG possible are you better off running on sw1 and reducing hp or sw2 or sw3 and reducing? I am toying around with my settings, unfortunately don't have enough miles for results yet, but looking for the best general settings for the direction that I am trying to go which is mpg's.
I would say that it would not matter what SW you put it on just as long as you turn the POD down far enough to reduce wasted power and fuel consumption. I run on SW3 at around 20 and it won't get out of its own way, I run it at 30 to 40 for daily driving on SW3.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:43 PM

I have a question, the smarty is always on because the power is on the constant 12V through OBII connector. Does someone know the current draw if we would leave it plugged in 24/7 on a stand or something? Almost thinking about getting a 90 degree extension and putting a switch on the power. Good/bad idea?

Bob/Marco: We need Smarty "add ons" we can purchase.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by purduepurdy
I have a question, the smarty is always on because the power is on the constant 12V through OBII connector. Does someone know the current draw if we would leave it plugged in 24/7 on a stand or something? Almost thinking about getting a 90 degree extension and putting a switch on the power. Good/bad idea?

Bob/Marco: We need Smarty "add ons" we can purchase.
adding to your idea, I would put a relay that is switched by keyed hot so that the smarty turns on and off with the ignition instead of a toggle switch. That would be trick.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by eldgenb
adding to your idea, I would put a relay that is switched by keyed hot so that the smarty turns on and off with the ignition instead of a toggle switch. That would be trick.
Thought about that but you would have to remove that harness if you wanted to load a different SW#. You have to have the ability to keep it +12V hot when you are programming and flipping between the key states on the ignition column. Maybe a three position switch, +12V, Ignition signal from keyswitch, and off. Be nice if it were all on a mount also.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:25 AM

Any update on a Samrty for a 6.7L yet ???
Old 01-25-2009, 09:25 AM

I'd be interested in knowing what kind of mileage increase people are seeing by cutting the power down. I normally run SW3 on the Jr. but if I can get another 2 mpg for poweing down it might be worth it. I have kept accurate mileage numbers for my truck every fill up since I purchased it in 2003. I average around 15.5 - 16.5 currently.

Quick Reply: Smarty Jr Power on Demand free download becomes availabel