3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty JR: has anyone actually checked to see if smarty is detectable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by graphitecumnz
What about the spelling errors then... it's parameters...

Geez, if I didn't know better I would think your trying to bait me. I thought crap like that was banned from this site.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
OK guys, bring it down a notch...leave the personal stuff off the forum.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 PM

You know what also blanks the fuel info? Dead batteries.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM

OK let me get this right. Bob and Marco clearly state in all of there advertising that the Smarty Jr and Sr are not detectable by the dealer. Now if they were not totally confident in this claim would they make it ? I do not think so! Why? Because every Tom, Dick and Harry would be suing them if they had a problem with detection at the dealership. Anyone heard of false advertising? Maybe Bob or Marco will chime in. I was in business for 22 years and have never seen anyone step up to the plate like Bob or Marco- bar none. The industry standard is that for every customer that you "do not take care of" you edited by admin lose 20 more potential customers. Not only does Bob and Marco take care of there own they help out Idiots that buy inferior products from vendors with NO customer service.

Last edited by Totallyrad; 02-18-2008 at 07:10 AM. Reason: S/L
Old 02-17-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by White97GTVert
You know what also blanks the fuel info? Dead batteries.
Thanks, great to know, can be useful information if used in the right situations.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by kblranch
OK let me get this right. Bob and Marco clearly state in all of there advertising that the Smarty Jr and Sr are not detectable by the dealer. Now if they were not totally confident in this claim would they make it ? I do not think so! Why? Because every Tom, Dick and Harry would be suing them if they had a problem with detection at the dealership. Anyone heard of false advertising? Maybe Bob or Marco will chime in. I was in business for 22 years and have never seen anyone step up to the plate like Bob or Marco- bar none. The industry standard is that for every customer that you lose 20 more potential customers. Not only does Bob and Marco take care of there own they help out Idiots that buy inferior products from vendors with NO customer service.

Well put.

I have seen many vendors just up and leave due to flaming and bashing. Bob and Marco have taken a beating!!! And they are still here in the trenches. Kudos to those that stand behind their product. I have also noticed the quality of information dropping on these sites, followed by the loss of some high quality members. Guys keep it clean and respectful before we see more names on here disappear due to flaming or bashing.......Bottom line is if YOU mod your truck YOU take the responsibility of wrecking it or losing your warranty. I dont care if someone says hooking a 1kw generator to your ECM wont hurt it....YOU are the one that took the initiative to trash your warranty.......
Old 02-18-2008, 03:26 AM

And not everyone that buys a lesser grade product than the Top of the Line one is an "Idiot". Some people just don't have as much $$$ as others and if they want to play then they have to buy a cheaper product...
Old 02-18-2008, 04:09 AM

OK let me get this right. Bob and Marco clearly state in all of there advertising that the Smarty Jr and Sr are not detectable by the dealer. Now if they were not totally confident in this claim would they make it ? I do not think so! Why? Because every Tom, Dick and Harry would be suing them if they had a problem with detection at the dealership. Anyone heard of false advertising? Maybe Bob or Marco will chime in. I was in business for 22 years and have never seen anyone step up to the plate like Bob or Marco- bar none. The industry standard is that for every customer that you lose 20 more potential customers. Not only does Bob and Marco take care of there own they help out Idiots that buy inferior products from vendors with NO customer service.
from what i've read on this forum, bob and marco have a GREAT product and have gone well beyond the call to help some members out that were not even using their product at the time. the question of whether smarty is detectable or not may not be a simple yes or no, as i have also heard from a dodge tech that they can tell if certain parameters on a truck have been changed. on the 3rd gen cr's they know the only way to change those parameters is with a programmer, so they then know you have used a programmer, but not because the smarty left a footprint, like re-setting a counter or throwing a code that the dealer can pull up. the bottom line is that if you fight the dealer on this, you will be basing your fight on the lie that you are not using a programmer.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 PM

If you knowingly buy a substandard product and have been informed that it has a negligable warranty, if any at all, I would think that you would have no basis to complain to anyone. If you pay half the price for something and expect it to perform to the same standards as something at twice the price I do not think you are aware how the free market place works. You get what you pay for and if you don't there is always someone willing to step in and fill the void. The "it does not leave a footprint" is a cat and mouse game between the programmer/downloaders and the truck manufacturers. You win some and lose some. Buyer beware.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:46 AM

The "it does not leave a footprint" is a cat and mouse game between the programmer/downloaders and the truck manufacturers. You win some and lose some. Buyer beware.
i'm a little confused- on one post you are saying that smarty must be completely undetectable because it would be false advertising if it wasn't, and even go so far as to call people who are using other products 'idiots'. then on your next post you say the 'footprint' thing is a 'cat and mouse game' and 'you win some and you loose some' and it's 'buyer beware'. it sounds like what you're saying is that smarty is undetectable, unless the dealer looks hard enough to find something, then it's your problem. i guess someone would have to be an 'idiot' to not see that you're contradicting yourself.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:49 AM

Just take it for what it's worth and lets drop this before the ADMINS get upset. This is an issue that has been beat to death.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD
Just take it for what it's worth and lets drop this before the ADMINS get upset. This is an issue that has been beat to death.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Good point "ShakinRedCTD", I think this one has pretty well "run its course."
It's done!