3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

SMARTY has created a ROCKET TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSdog, I'm still running the RAD just for top speed eliminator....With the RAD and Smarty.....I can rev right through 3500 to about 3700....Check out the ramp on the dyno in my pictures.....the numbers suck because I was 50% TPS and over fueled but you can see it fuels hard to redline then stops...none of this top end drop off crap. ks
Old 08-12-2006, 01:12 PM

Kerry-

I can't remember if you mentioned this or not so I'll ask - have you tried running the Smarty with just your big injectors and big CP3 pump? If so what were your impressions? When I had the modded CP3 on, with the twins and injectors and TST on a piddly 1x1 99% of the time, it was pure fun driving because of the low end from the modded CP3 yet still retained awesome drivability.

I despise stacking boxes because whenever problems occur it becomes that much harder, frustrating, and time-consuming to diagnose! Add to the mix a modified truck and, well, I know you understand this! I have a love-hate relationship going on with my TST and all its frickin' connections right now...
Old 08-12-2006, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abc4yew
WAP, Just remember that the diablo runs quite a bit hotter. The Smarty would allow at least one and possibley two more levels to be used on the edge and be at the same or lower egts as the diablo. The diablo was my choice of simple downloaders until Smarty....What the dyno didn't show was the acceleration through the gears that Smarty gives...this results in higher boost through the gears yielding much more power and way faster times. I would like to see a drag strip simulation with the Smarty versus anything else....I think it would kill all comers. ks
Forgive my ignorance here guys, I'm still learning this whole diesel thing. So the Smarty runs cooler because you can add timing? My Juice already adds timing though. Could I safely stack the Smarty. I have been looking at stacking - actually have another thread going right now and am looking at the Quadzilla XZT. It's much cheaper, but cheaper isn't always the way to go. One of my concerns with stacking is EGTs. Right now they run high. I will be upgrading the turbo, but cannot afford twins, and don't want to loose to much spool so have been looking at like a 62/12. I am concerned that turbo might not drop egts enough - especially if I stack. So do I need something like the Smarty that can add more timing than the Juice already does to be able to add the power and keep egts in line?
Old 08-12-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
Forgive my ignorance here guys, I'm still learning this whole diesel thing. So the Smarty runs cooler because you can add timing? My Juice already adds timing though. Could I safely stack the Smarty. I have been looking at stacking - actually have another thread going right now and am looking at the Quadzilla XZT. It's much cheaper, but cheaper isn't always the way to go. One of my concerns with stacking is EGTs. Right now they run high. I will be upgrading the turbo, but cannot afford twins, and don't want to loose to much spool so have been looking at like a 62/12. I am concerned that turbo might not drop egts enough - especially if I stack. So do I need something like the Smarty that can add more timing than the Juice already does to be able to add the power and keep egts in line?

I have the Smarty stacked with the Quad race box (adds up to 6 Deg.timing) With the Smarty on the 60 HP level with timing (SW 3) and the Quad stacked on any level the truck runs great. No timing clatter or any irregular noises from under the hood. I'm saving now for a full boat tranny because the stock trans wont last long at these settings.

The Smarty on SW 3 has now become my daily driver and throttle responce has been greatly improved. 60 HP on Smarty feels like 100 HP on Quad.

With the Smarty on 60 HP and the Quad on 60 HP it feels better than the Quad on the 130 HP setting. The low end pulls hard and smoke is controllable.
EGT's are also very good. So far with limited room to do full blast runs the max EGT's were approx. 1200 Deg. This is with the II PS 62/14 turbo and full 4" exhaust along with AEM intake.

I'm very pleased with the Smarty so far. The next test for me is a trip from Jersey to South Carolina with the 30' TT in tow.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
all of our horsepower numbers are at the rear wheels and all produced more than what is stated.

no one will be disappointed

thanks for the feedback
Old 08-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Chapter President

Well, I sat back long enough and had to chime in. I was wondering what would your programmer be like with my Edge that modifies all 3 parameters? Which levels would you reccomend? And would I still get the speed limiter delete option?