3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty & Edge attitude

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 02:08 PM
O.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty & Edge attitude

I'm going with a Smarty from a Edge Hot juice w/ attitude. I wondered if you can keep the attitude monitor for EGTS???

TIA
ontun
Old 04-23-2007, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well you have to leave the Juice/Attitude completely installed to be able to read the EGTs from the Juice pyro sensor. You can do this and even run the stack although I don't recommend it. I did not like the combo on mine. You could probably just leave the Juice/Attitude on stock without any issues, this will also give you boost fooling which is a good thing. Just my .02.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
O.T

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
Well you have to leave the Juice/Attitude completely installed to be able to read the EGTs from the Juice pyro sensor. You can do this and even run the stack although I don't recommend it. I did not like the combo on mine. You could probably just leave the Juice/Attitude on stock without any issues, this will also give you boost fooling which is a good thing. Just my .02.

Wheels

So if I leave my box on (0- stock) everything should be OK, will the Smarty detect the edge box and flip out.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
smarty will be fine
Old 04-23-2007, 07:38 PM

As Bob said the Smarty will be fine. You can use the Juice/Attitude and you will certainly be able to tell the difference. I would set the Juice/Attitude low boost fueling to lower settings on all levels(avoid the extra smoke) and give it a try. You will benefit from the boost fooling that the Juice/Attitude will provide on any setting. The HOT 180 setting will smoke a bunch and will have a little timing rattle, but won't really hurt anything with your mods. And it will go fast.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
As Bob said the Smarty will be fine. You can use the Juice/Attitude and you will certainly be able to tell the difference. I would set the Juice/Attitude low boost fueling to lower settings on all levels(avoid the extra smoke) and give it a try. You will benefit from the boost fooling that the Juice/Attitude will provide on any setting. The HOT 180 setting will smoke a bunch and will have a little timing rattle, but won't really hurt anything with your mods. And it will go fast.
Are indicating you have tried this stack and it was successful? There are several of us that have tried it and found that it doesn't work. The Juice adds absolutely no power when the SMARTY is downloaded.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:49 PM
O.T

I don't want to stack, just use the edge for a monitor.

Should be OK as Bob mentioned
Old 04-23-2007, 11:33 PM

I tried it for a day. My experience was that timing was out of wack too far, but it did run. And playing with settings found a couple that added fair power. I did not plan on running the Hot Juice with it or the BDTD w/CL that I tried. The BDTD was much better with the Hot Juice, but I was just waiting for my TST to get back and only ran that for a couple of days. Thats why I said I did not recommend it.