3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty Beta V4.2 Dyno'ed

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock clutch will Die a smokey death on level 9 with this programming.

For that matter anything above level 5 you will either do one of two things.
1 Slip the Tires
2 Slip the Clutch
Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marco PM me the answer if you would. I have the beta 4.1 and was wondering what changes where made to it and the 4.3? Also I have the so4.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:34 AM

LOL,

well i don't run my truck till it breaks. So your correct these are differenct circumstances. I guess I should keep it under level 5 then huh?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by TX_Diesel
LOL,

well i don't run my truck till it breaks. So your correct these are differenct circumstances. I guess I should keep it under level 5 then huh?
The 'Wild Torque Management' for stock turbo, inj, clutch was the older version i was running. Level 7 works fine, just keep your revs above 2000 rpms before you mash the go pedal. If you hit it hard at 1500 revs the clutch will slip.

This beta software.... is even more fun than the current wild programming.

It's like a guilty pleasure, without the guilt!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marco
Hey TX,
The truck has now 14K on the clock and the tranny shudders badly under load.
You want to use #9? You better be ready to pay... No way I would advise you to do what *I* do to my truck. The concept is different. I test till it breaks...
You?
Subscribing to this thread so I don't miss anything...

Note to self: Never buy one of Marco's trucks if he lists it in the classifieds!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:52 PM

Just an update, I am at work right now, but mileage gains look too be pretty consistent, meaning the last tank was not a fluke!! Just going on the fuel guage, it looks like I am actually getting better mileage than the last tank!!!

I get home monday morning, and will fill up, hopefully have the number by then, And if I can make time somehow, try and get back on the dyno in the next couple weeks. If weather permits (of course it didnt last time), i should be able too get on the track on the 25th of may, I am also hoping too have nitrous in by then, but then again I need time, and work doesnt allow that right now in the sands of alberta!!!

Jon.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by TX_Diesel
I get 16.change completely stock.....
x2..........but it seems to get better when to mash it to the floor....
Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 PM
tcr

ummmmmm, ok.......... why are we talking about milage on a hot......whoops I'm sorry,....I meant HOT software???????????????? How about what really matters, drivability, turbo lag, smoke, compare to other smarty files, power, etc........
Old 05-10-2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
ummmmmm, ok.......... why are we talking about milage on a hot......whoops I'm sorry,....I meant HOT software???????????????? How about what really matters, drivability, turbo lag, smoke, compare to other smarty files, power, etc........
I believe Bob Wagner indicated that this BETA software will be the platform for future releases in SMARTY programming.

Having said that, 21 US MPG is no joke on a truck that is otherwise 100% stock! Smoke is a little lighter in colour, Throttle is now more linear in feel, What is turbo lag? (J/K turbo lag shouldn't be a concern, in fact this *** comes on the pipe really fast)

Comparing it to other SMARTY files is easy. I have switched back and forth from Wild TQ MGMT and back to beta and back again.

I am keeping the BETA loaded, and all the other SMARTY files are saved to my USBFLASHDISK for ease of access in switching and access using any computer while on the road.

This is good stuff. I can't imagine improving the BETA any more than it is, but if there is some way to improve it Marco will find a way!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Banned

lag? did i mention i hit 20psi @1200 rpm right before the clutch let loose?
milage? filled up tonight hand calc 26+ change mpg all empty milage.
drivability? awesome its like old smokey but better, and almost no smoke.( unless i want it)
egt? down compared to wild #9 on previous software

like i posted earlyer, id does feel a little like a 2 stroke, there is a sudden surge around 1600, my best guess like others is this is where the timing starts to change alot.

i have not towed with it, i know my clutch is defenetly not up to the task any more.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:58 PM

So did I miss it or has nobody answered regarding when this will be release to the general public? Also I assume this will be a normal download from the website right?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by tcr
Driveability = Easier to drive than previous smarty, linear power vs throttle (25% throttle = 25% acceleration).

Lag = NONE. I can hit 10 psi @ 1000 RPM, 51 psi @ 1600 rpm.

Smoke = LOTS...if you want it. Less than previous wild smarty, but @ 900 rpm in 6th gear and 1/2 throttle = BLACKOUT!

POWER = LOTS, compared to wild smarty is about 60-70hp on the dyno, hopefully get on the dyno here soone too compare the 2 when using modded cp3 and injectors.

And yes, a 7600 pound truck with 600+ RWHP, getting 22+ USmpg!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:31 AM

Hey Marco,

is there anything in the works for adding other features to be controlled by Smarty. Like high idle, accessories on after key off, turn off seat belt ding, you know those kinds of things??

As soon as I have the funds, I'm sold on the Smarty, I was just looking at other programmers/downloader's and they do have some cool extra features.

thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Does it have any pressure???
Old 05-11-2007, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cquestad
Does it have any pressure???

a tad bit........

Quick Reply: Smarty Beta V4.2 Dyno'ed