3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More new software? more info as soon as its available PLEASE
Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 PM

973604x4,
See, you must understand one important point.

We're right now to version X.02 for the CR performance softwares. With the VP ones we're up to X.07.
New softwares will be released quiet often until we'll meet at least 95% of the customer satisfaction. Well, also my ego..

I believe what makes us @ MADS different is exactly that. We try HARD to listen to our customers needs / likes / dislikes, and do changes then accordingly.

Furthermore, I'm FAR from done with the CR software development. Speed and rev limiters come to mind for example. New updates will be required...

Sure not everything tested with a "few" test trucks works then flawless in the real world but we're always here ready to LISTEN and fix...

Have a nice one.

Marco
Old 10-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marco
973604x4,
See, you must understand one important point.

We're right now to version X.02 for the CR performance softwares. With the VP ones we're up to X.07.
New softwares will be released quiet often until we'll meet at least 95% of the customer satisfaction. Well, also my ego..

I believe what makes us @ MADS different is exactly that. We try HARD to listen to our customers needs / likes / dislikes, and do changes then accordingly.

Furthermore, I'm FAR from done with the CR software development. Speed and rev limiters come to mind for example. New updates will be required...

Sure not everything tested with a "few" test trucks works then flawless in the real world but we're always here ready to LISTEN and fix...

Have a nice one.

Marco

I know you listen to customers....and i appreciate that. But still, i need something that will work well on my truck now....not within the next year. I understand thats my fault for buying a new product....but You have made my point for me...the Smarty is not perfect and still has its imperfections....and you are working hard to fix them.

I'd hate for someone to read these glorious reviews, go spend $695, and then be disappointed...thus i speak up....and props to you for acknowledging problems.

I'll buy from MADS again no question because of your customer service. Thank You.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:46 PM
tcr

Marco,
Any plans of adding pressure to the software or is this not a good idea? I would think this could be a very high HP programmer if done right, no??
Old 10-05-2006, 02:19 PM

Any plans of adding pressure to the software or is this not a good idea?
Yes, of course that will come too. Development takes a little time but it'll come.

the Smarty is not perfect and still has its imperfections
Now, without starting a war here. Tell me WHICH aftermarket power adder is perfect??? At least you can be sure that Smarty will do better ( already DOES from a lot of point of views ) and give you way more choiches than anything else on the market
See, we confront us with the most demanding customers directly. The most informed ones, web users...like you guys here on DTR. That's a little different then selling something over the counter to my mommy. Otherwise a lot of aftermarket products would not even exist...

Ok?

Marco
Old 10-05-2006, 02:23 PM
tcr

Fair enough, thank you.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

Yes, of course that will come too. Development takes a little time but it'll come.

Now, without starting a war here. Tell me WHICH aftermarket power adder is perfect??? At least you can be sure that Smarty will do better ( already DOES from a lot of point of views ) and give you way more choiches than anything else on the market
See, we confront us with the most demanding customers directly. The most informed ones, web users...like you guys here on DTR. That's a little different then selling something over the counter to my mommy. Otherwise a lot of aftermarket products would not even exist...

Ok?

Marco

Ok wrong terminology. Perfect isn't the word. other products i have tried are more refined. The smarty does not do better than other products i have owned. I would rather drive a crazy larry at this point but i am waiting for more software upgrades.

I know what you are saying Marco and i respect that. We aren't average diesel owners....average diesel owners listen to Gale Banks
Old 10-05-2006, 03:07 PM
tcr

Oh man, you had to through in that Gale Banks comment didn't you!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 03:31 PM

Why do you say that Smarty isn't "refined"?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned

Why do you say that Smarty isn't "refined"?
from my experience the Smarty isn't as smooth and consistent as Bullydog or Edge products.....as of yet. I know software updates are on the way.

Marco also please notice that i may not even be an average DTR member...since i have owned 4 different modules, 2 different monitors, 2 programmers, and a boost fooler. What most members might write off as simple side effect i will point out.

Marco i really admire and appreciate you being on this site directly dealing with customers. THANK YOU.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:55 PM

What's the problem you're having?
Smooth and consistent don't mean much to me.
I need a little more ( precise )input to do my job...

Marco
Old 10-05-2006, 05:22 PM

Smooth??? I think the Smarty is very smooth with the newer updates. I have ran the bullydog downloader for almost a year and the throttle might have felt good, but it had a bad flat spot right where I spent most of my time cruising. (70 mph)

Not to mention I have tried quite a few modules and downloaders also. Since my 03 truck I have had, quadzilla pressure box, two power pups, tst, EZ, VA, bullydog torque dog, SP diesel SIIE, and now the smarty. For custom tunability the Smarty will win hands down in the end. Marco will work with most anyone even if it requires a one of a kind tune to make them happy.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:05 PM

I can tell you that after owning both the quad standard and quad race, two different Edge EZ's (old six position and new 4 position), Edge Juice, a Ramifier, a MP-8, TST with all three programs (standard, '03 twins and '05 twins), a Bully Dog Triple Dog and now a Smarty, out of all of them I think the Smarty is the best all-around power adder.

Quads make some power, but I didn't want to run that much pressure. Plus, at the time couldn't be stacked with the TST.

The old EZ was extremely crude and make my injectors knock and the throttle touchy. The new EZ is good, but you can only run level 2 without damaging injectors. Pretty good stack with the TST, but neither are on-the-fly adjustable.

The Ramifier/MP-8 are the best pressure boxes on the market for my truck. Best pressure stack with the TST for sure. The boost-fooling is killer, too, as it gets the TST fueling much sooner than anything else, providing you plug the TS box in the MAP first.

All of the modules, however, are to me a bit peaky and the power delivery can be less than refined.

I ran the Bully Dog Triple Dog. On my truck, all three settings performed the same. No difference in boost levels or EGT levels when flogging it on all the settings. I had a $500+ downloader that made 60hp. Yippee! On the positive side, it was very smooth and spooled my turbo well. It ran great stacked with the TST.

I sold the BDDL and got the Smarty. All I can say is Holy Cr**!

The Smarty is soooooo much better. Timing, no timing, and plenty of adjustments. Each setting definitely makes for a seat-of-the-pants difference. With software update .02, the throttle is just as smooth as the BDDL, but the top end is so much better. Plus it makes for an even more versatile stack with the TST.

I can honestly say the Smarty on 30 runs better than any setting on the BDDL.

Also, try to get an answer from the tech department at Bully Dog... What a joke!

With the Smarty, you're talking to the man himself when you have a question!

Doesn't get any better, IMO. Well, according to Marco it actually will get better. Sounds good to me.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:29 PM

I had the same results with the bd triple dog on my truck, IMO if you have a 03, dont even bother with it

Kevin
Old 10-05-2006, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have also tried many boxes and the BD Triple Dog from version 2.2.0 - 2.3.1. The lastest Smarty S-04A Ver. 3.06B, Data: 3.02B is by far the best downloader of the two for me. This version certainly does not fuel as hard down low, but the overall power is smooth and throttle is not touchy anymore. I have been running SW #5(timing added) and TST w/05TT with timing set to 3* Auto on 3/0 and EZ on level 1 for a few days now. Smoke is manageable and the power is definitely there. This combo on my truck pulls strong all the way to about 90, that is as much room as I have had so far, with no popping or excessive rattle. I hope to get back on the track Sunday for a little more testing, but overall very happy with the Smarty and expect Marco to get the other options done in do time.

Quick Reply: Smarty :)