3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

six gun dyno numbers sheets don't lie

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol that's my twin brother rubber neck is what we call him
Old 12-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Banned

well i'm not sure exactly how that thing works in conjunction with everything else but if the hose was only connected to the wastegate what would that do? i mean it was almost off totally from the turbo just like a piece of skin holding her on. I don't know if it's supposed to be better or worse i just know that when i wanted more boost i would pinch it off a bit and then having it open would be the total opposite (a hole in the casing), and that when connected the truck seemed to do a lot better. I could maybe be just hoping it did better too i dunno. I still am gonna go back to the pfi speed and have him do me a level 6 run just to see what it says
Old 12-26-2004, 08:05 PM

T-shirt weather in December! You sure that's your truck or are you pullin' our leg? It has dealership tags on it at the dyno. Doesn't the Colorado DMV frown on that? Yeah I like the cardboard window insert. We have two $30k+ trucks sittin' out front of a $40k house. I can relate...
Old 12-26-2004, 08:51 PM

All right Matt I think that I am going to have to knock your Banks powered truck off of it's high horse, let me know when you are going to dyno and if I can I will be there with a box of tissue and I will show you what a TST powered truck can do Mike
Old 12-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Banned

righton mike good to hear from u so i may have the xcellerator by then though
I went there on thursday and then they got a hold of lasr bob that's the way they are over there pretty well knit. but bob told me that rick over there is the guy who does all the dyno's for the tdr day so i don't know u just tell me when u wanna go there mike i'll probably be there tomorrow
Old 12-26-2004, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by gristle missile
u don't think so i think it was sluggish from friday on and then when i connected the hose it seemed way better i mean way better. I don't think it was stuck shut i think there was an opening that had non stop air flowing out of it wouldn't it be i mean that hose fills with air until the pressure let's the waste gate open is that right? So with no hose it would never get pressure right?
If you look at a stock elbow on the turbo you will find a pretty big hole in it, then if you look at an aftermarket elbow you will find a really small hole in the elbow. The purpose is this:

When the turbo spools up producing boost/pressure the hole in the boost elbow allows the pressure to open the wastegate. When the wastegate opens it reduce the boost, the larger the hole the faster the wastegate will open and that will create less boost. So if you have the elbow with the small hole in the turbo, when the turbo spooled up it can not produce as much pressure on the wastegate, this would cause the wastegate to stay closed much longer creating higher boost.

Now if the hose was off or had a hole in it, the turbo could not put any pressure on the wastegate, that means the wastegate would stay closed creating higher boost, just like clamping the hose off altogether.

Now having said all this it does also cause a boost leak, depending on the size of the elbow will determine the effects on performance.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:04 PM

Hey Gristle, take it easy! I tried to reply to your PM but it said you wouldn't allow a reply. I don't know you from Adam. All I see is a truck said to be owned by an average guy like myself with a list of options and performance add ons that must add up to astonomical amounts of greens. My apologies for doubting you but you gotta see it from my view too. Houses are expensive here too. Your house is quite fancy compared to my lean to. Not trying to judge you. That's just a heck of a lot of truck for the average guy to have.