3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Silver Bullet boost levels!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigNasty
Well here is what you do, really simple. Like I said I am not positive about the SB but it should have a hose that runs from the front of the turbo (the compressor side) to a round wastegate actuator on the back side (turbine side). Take the hose off and plug the holes so no air leaks, this will keep the WG from opening. This will force your turbo to make the most possible amount of boost from the amount of fuel and rpm's the engine is pushing.
This is all fine,talk to brady first,tell him what your wantin to do,there are other housings for SB,what else is wrong with your ride?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Banned

thanks bignasty thats what bett at II said to do clamp that blue tube. My truck spit out a p0148 the other day fuel delivry code I cleared it then ten minutes later ABS and Parking light came on and then the truck started surging. I pulled over ABS fuse fryed and the Fass pump fuse fryed. I then fixed fuses cleared codes and drove up the street perfectly and then the surging and codes and lights again. Im not sure whats going on.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Banned

dont clamp the line disconect it,pull the boost elbow,and put a plug in where the elbow was.then run it and see what happens,just be careful,you dont want to blow up a 2000 dollar turbo.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Banned

No I dont. Hey what time is it in Grand Rapids ya diesel junkie.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:57 AM
Banned

I think if I had fuses fried like that I would be hunting down everything that ran off of that circuit. Ok that is a lie, If it popped em twice I would. From the looks of things it looks like that thing has been into alot of times, lots of chances for someone to make a mistake, noone is perfect.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 AM

I thought the silver bullet was the end all turbo?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KDIESEL
dont clamp the line disconect it,pull the boost elbow,and put a plug in where the elbow was.then run it and see what happens,just be careful,you dont want to blow up a 2000 dollar turbo.
Not necissarily, If he had some of those fancy pinch pliers (don't remember the exact name at this moment) he could just pop them on there and it would do a good enough job of cutting off the boost.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackBeast
No I dont. Hey what time is it in Grand Rapids ya diesel junkie.
3:00 am I am a diesel junkie been doin it for ten years,thousands upom thousands of dollars,its all I think about Thank god I own my own business and make the money I make to do this.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
I thought the silver bullet was the end all turbo?
End all what?BOOST
Old 01-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Banned

the pump is fryed I think the fass was not making any noise. I love my SB but not if its only gonna make 52lbs with my setup. Wicked1 has practically an Identical setup to me except we used different brands and he has 230 more HP than me. the only different between our setups is he has an A5k that will boost 80+lbs and I have a silver bullet that only hits 52lbs. I know it sounds crazy but I talke to him for an hour and those are our only differences. we bothe really came down to the conclusion that I have way to little Hp for my setup and I either need a bigger turbo like the A5 or I need to get my SB to boost more and I would produce near 800HP.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 AM
Banned

Im not being negative,but a turbo swap isnt going to make up 230hp,there are other issues Ipresume.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 AM
Banned

Are you sure the wastegate is functioning properly?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:12 AM
Banned

Well looking at your sig a little closer I agree, you should have more than you do but, I don't think that turbo isn't big enough. I would say check for boost leaks, check wastegate and set it if it is off, and also check that BD turbo guard. I don't know exactly how it works but it may be set to 52 psi and is bleeding off some air. Check those and then go from there....
Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheBigNasty
Well looking at your sig a little closer I agree, you should have more than you do but, I don't think that turbo isn't big enough. I would say check for boost leaks, check wastegate and set it if it is off, and also check that BD turbo guard. I don't know exactly how it works but it may be set to 52 psi and is bleeding off some air. Check those and then go from there....
Good point about the BD guard. Might wanna check and see if it's leaking somewhere.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Banned

no my turbo valve is set to how fast you let off the pedal. I do agree that Im not going to see that kind of increase with the turbo but the guy I talked to today said he cleans up allmost all his smoke. I still have a lot to clean up.If you guys really think about the comparison Im making with wicked1 I think you would understand why I think I can get close to those levels if I just figure out how to clear my smoke. I really think boosting another 30lbs would do it.

Quick Reply: Silver Bullet boost levels!