3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Silver Bullet boost levels!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya know,If your ganna spend the money on another turbo,why not keep the SB,buy a big brother and run twins,that is a great setup,youve already done the preventative to hold twins,garauteed HP with that setup.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Banned

yeah im going to im just a little confused on how a guy with the same fuel mods as me but did not have a cam or springs is hitting 225 more HP than me. Im starting to really think the a5k is the way to go. Or more boost because those are the only differences between our trucks. And I hit a super flow and he hit a dynojet which does not make that much of a difference. Im sure Brady will figure it out. what do you mean by get the valve closed off.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Banned

There is a valve in the exhaust housing that is held shut by the wastegate,when you take the waste gate off,it free floats,basically you wont build any boost if you dont keep it shut
Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Banned

Twins are a hassle and I do not want to deal with them. My truck is broken again allready as it is so I dont need to add another poblem. I know someone who has BD twins and hates them. He took them off. Have you ever heard of taking the wastegate off a SB. What are your predictions with the BlackBeast hitting 80Lbs of boost or just switching to a a5k.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Banned

Twins are a hassle? Other than having a harder to change oil filter I don't see any down falls to them if they are engineered correctly. They take more tuning than a single but once setup they are better in almost all ways.

What's your buddy want for the bd twins cause I love them.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Banned

I dont know of anybody personally taking the wastegate off of a SB,as far boost goes,80# is just a number,high boost doesnt necesarily mean high HP,you need more air,I wouldnt give up completely on your turbo yet,could be something more simple than buying a 3000 dollar turbo,what r your egts at 52lbs? do you have any leaks???SB so far is a pretty good turbo,not a bottomline turbo by any means.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Banned

I dont know but I will try to get a hold of him. Friend of a friend. I want my truck to run right or Im just gonna do what you all think im gonna do which is freak out. I should have way more HP than I have and I cannot figure out why im not there. If there is people on our site with 3 chips,fuel pump, a few other mods but stock injectors and turbo, Turning out 1 more Hp than me. SOmething is awefully wrong here. Whats the point of me spending 20 grand when it seems like all you need is a few chips and a fuel pump, intake, and exaust. I mean just look at LUKEN.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Banned

yeah but all that plug n play came with a price,RIGHT LUKEN,you just need some dyno time and patience,consistant high hp doesnt happen over night,Ive had my truck for 3 yrs and still dont have it figured out.your on the right track,
Old 01-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Banned

You said your truck is broken again? What broke this time? Something's not right if your breaking stuff this often.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Banned

yeah thats true. I just hope I get it soon. Well see what II has to say about my turbo only hitting 52lbs with all the mods I have. Pretty weak if you ask me.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Banned

I agree,there definetely something wrong,so good luck
Old 01-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Banned

I mean I know that that kinda power level is rough on parts but these engines have proven to hold 600 some odd horses fairly easily for the most part. Was your engine custom built or is it a factory engine? Are you sure that everything is installed correctly and is working properly?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Banned

Ok, well I haven't looked at the SB's but, 07 pickups have a comp controlled WG, right? I'm willing to be the SB does not, probably WG from a line from the compressor housing so....why don't you disconnect the WG hose, not the whole WG, and plug the holes. This should keep your WG from opening thus confirming it is in fact the WG keeping the turbo from going over 52psi. If not then you have other problems. Ever checked your IC boots? I know it sounds stupid but I've seen and had boost leaks and didn't even know it.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Banned

well im not sure im not a mechanic. My truck runs really good. So I doubt anything is put on wrong. I think my boost levels are very low. I think all the guys one here putting up 700+Hp have a lot higher boost levels than me or I just need a bigger turbo. I really just want my truck to run as strong as it should. A guy on here thinks if I can get that SB to hit 80 or get a A5k I will be in the high 700'S well have to see.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Banned

Well here is what you do, really simple. Like I said I am not positive about the SB but it should have a hose that runs from the front of the turbo (the compressor side) to a round wastegate actuator on the back side (turbine side). Take the hose off and plug the holes so no air leaks, this will keep the WG from opening. This will force your turbo to make the most possible amount of boost from the amount of fuel and rpm's the engine is pushing.

Quick Reply: Silver Bullet boost levels!