3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Silver 62 Install-Almost: Comedy of ERRORS

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Megaramasaur
Well the best part is that I had been in bed for two days prior with the flu, so I wasn't feeling good anyway. Not to mention I was wearing sandals when I pulled the tire off and let if fall....right on my rt toe.... when that happened, I should have just walked away.
aren't you the one that told his wife the truck was staying stock???
Old 03-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yah, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.... may hurt me if she finds out, but the way I look at it, she's getting 5K worth of... how do I say this without getting edited....... you know that restaurant that sells Hot wings and rhymes with Booters..... Yep.. she's gettin summa those.... I guess I'm coming out good both ways if you think about it.....
Old 03-11-2007, 08:52 PM

Yah, what she doesn't know won't hurt her.... may hurt me if she finds out, but the way I look at it, she's getting 5K worth of... how do I say this without getting edited....... you know that restaurant that sells Hot wings and rhymes with Booters..... Yep.. she's gettin summa those.... I guess I'm coming out good both ways if you think about it.....
yeah sounds like a sweet deal for you

so what does she think about the trucks turbo sitting in the driveway
you must be good at hiding things form her...or are you working at a friend's house or something?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:58 PM

Win, win
Old 03-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

Don't feel bad.....

I've done my share of chargers and I have yet to encounter a drain tube that is as simple as the one ATS supplied with an Aurora 2000 a couple years ago. It is a flexible tube, almost like flexible electrical conduit. It was by far the easiest drain tube I have ever dealt with.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:01 PM

I wish I had a new turbo to get mad at
Old 03-11-2007, 09:06 PM

A silver 62 and a new set of lungs for the old lady, man you got it all

Thats exactly how my install went to, even the snapped drain flange
Old 03-11-2007, 09:08 PM

I told her that I had an oil leak on this POS truck, and I was going to change the "gasket"..... I had the stocker off before she got up, and when she came out, she said "whats that shiny thingy". I said it's the turbo that was leaking... and held out the shiny new gasket that would make it stop leaking.....
Old 03-11-2007, 09:10 PM

So, I'm not the only one that has had trouble with the drains....

Is there a trick to it? I need to know before my new one gets here on Tue.

Thanks...
I also need a good story for the tranny (Mon), and the CP3??? I told her that I needed a new fuel system (GDP) since my dads pooped out because of the new ULSD!!!!! Man, I'm gettin too good at this....
Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 PM

Man we have got to get together once that thing is done! I still have not ridden in a truck with a built tranny. How much are you going to charge for rides???
Old 03-11-2007, 09:33 PM

I ended up lowering the manifold/turbo/drain back in as 1 piece, all bolted up. And I put some grease on the rubber orings overnight to lube them up (on the drain tube) and used a heat gun to heat up the drain hole in the block. Then it slid in easily.

Others have had better luck and different ways of doing this, but this somehow worked for me
Old 03-11-2007, 09:52 PM

Crap Blue.... thats alot of work.... I don't know how I'm gunna do it??? If I lower it down there putting the drain in the block right away, I may not be able to tilt the turbo in on the back two bolts, specially given there is virtually no clearance to the actuator????

SUBSPD: Considering after spending all this on the truck and the new "LUNGS(LMAO: Thx Blue), I'm about 20K in the hole.... so at a buck a ride, I should make it all up in about 10yrs
Old 03-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

get lots of pics when they are all done...dont forget some of the turbo too lucky dog

brett
Old 03-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

I dropped my gasket down the downpipe as well. but had a cat on there so the leaf blower(which was ingenious) wouldnt have worked. I put a magnet(since the pipe is stainless) on a string and got lucky on the first try. the second time i taped over the downpipe.

As far as the bolts go, i bought a spare autoparts store el cheapo wrench and ground down the box end to fit better.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
get lots of pics when they are all done...dont forget some of the turbo too lucky dog

brett
Yah, I was thinking Video too of me using the new toys, then I thought my wife may not like that too much.... Good thought though Brett