3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Shutdown timer recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shutdown timer recommendations?

Howdy,

Can anyone recommend a shutdown timer for a '05 2500 w/ctd? I'd prefer something where I can set the delay from the cab (for different conditions, towing vs. empty vs. whatever), that plugs into the existing wiring harness, looks neat & clean, etc.

Appreciate any leads.

Thanks!

Mark
Old 03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

I've just recently installed SP Diesel's EST and it works great. It is adjustable from 0 to 10minutes in the cab. I hear they can custom tune it for longer run times as well if desired.

The nice feature that this timer has is that you don't have to touch it everytime you get out of the truck. Other timers on the market require you to start the timer right before you shutdown, that has got to be annoying.

I've also got the parking light feature on mine, which activates the parking lights when the truck is in shutdown mode. It is nice to be able to see when the truck shuts down from inside the house or a store.

Check it out on www.spdiesel.com , they are a DTR sponser as well.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:42 PM

Howdy,

What's the install like? SP Diesel's site has a link for install directions, but it comes up file not found...

Anything weird about using the unit? Does the keyless entry (or other accessories) still work when the truck is counting down, etc?

Thanks for the info!

Mark
Old 03-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Banned

I'll check into that link for you, The install is pretty simple, you basically have to connect to a couple wires under the dash an zip tie the module under the dash.

There is a remote adjustment **** you can mount where ever you want.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Banned

OK...The hamfisted webmaster (Me) typed in the wrong doc link..it's fixed. Sorry guys. The only thing that will be added here as soon as I can type it up is the wiring reference chart. For the various makes and models.

Cheers,

Sean @ SPDiesel
Old 03-30-2005, 09:49 AM

I have a Howard's...they are for sale in they DTR store. It is another great cost effective option. I used the custom install box and wired the light, rotary switch, and button under the light switch in the panel just left of the steering wheel. Sharp easy install.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:12 PM

Try the Cool Engine Shutdown Timer by BD Power http://dieselperformance.com/
All you do is Set it once and Forget it. It runs off the pyrometer so always shutdowns at the same temp. The longest it will run is 5 minutes and beside anytime longer than that is a waste anyway. The DC manual even states that
Mine works great and I never have to set it or worry about it. I have mine set for 300 degrees Post Pyro temp. Actually by that temp both Pre and Post are the same