3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

sending Smarty back to Bob..what download do i need for my 03??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DUKCALN
Nope, no adjustments other that the sw# with the betas.
on the betas,what is the rp and timing set at?.

how about the speed limiter..does it let you run past 110 mph?..

also how many rpms does the betas run??

some reason i cant build boost off the line with the smarty....thats why i have the BD race anti defueler...anybody else have this problem??
Old 12-19-2008, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What Smarty tune are you using?All the betas have elevated RP,the 4.2 being the most.The ramp rate is quicker but will not let it go above factory limits.Torque management is also incorporated in the beta's.This allows for higher fueling rates at lower rpm's.The popping problem with TNT and the 03-04 models doesn't seem to be a problem with guys who are running a modded cp-3,which you have.Just download the TNT and try it.If your truck doesn't like it go back to the standard revo and try to get a beta from Bob.

None of the tunes besides the TNT/R will fuel to 4000rpm,not exactly sure but they are around 3500.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by homewrecker
What Smarty tune are you using?All the betas have elevated RP,the 4.2 being the most.The ramp rate is quicker but will not let it go above factory limits.Torque management is also incorporated in the beta's.This allows for higher fueling rates at lower rpm's.The popping problem with TNT and the 03-04 models doesn't seem to be a problem with guys who are running a modded cp-3,which you have.Just download the TNT and try it.If your truck doesn't like it go back to the standard revo and try to get a beta from Bob.

None of the tunes besides the TNT/R will fuel to 4000rpm,not exactly sure but they are around 3500.
i think its the Revo TNT 170 hp
Old 12-19-2008, 08:07 PM

Plug it up to the truck and see what the screen shows when it first powers up.Try level 7 or 9 with TM 3,RP 3,Timing 2 and see how it does.Just be listening for timing rattle.If you have excessive rattle try timing 3.All trucks will respond different so you will have to play with the settings to find what works best for you.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 PM

Yes plug it in and post the sw# from the screen on here and we can tell you what program it is.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:58 PM

Yes plug it in and post the sw# from the screen on here and we can tell you what program it is.
Ok..I will let you know 2morr

also i am sending my injectors back to Don to get them upgraded...i have the flux 2's in rite now and there just not big enough.....how big would yall recommend me going with??..a flux 3.5 or a 4??..somewhere around 150 to 170 hp???or wat's yall's suggestion???
Old 12-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kdbvulcan
I WOULD GET THE BETAS BUT YOU DONT HAVE ADJUST OPTIONS DO YOU??
No and don't need it, I don't have to have every option available to be happy, I just stick with whats tried and true on MY truck, and as i've said the TNT nor Revo work very well on it.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:05 PM

When I plugged the Smarty in it said V:4.14A D:R1.1S

Does it make any sense to yall???
Old 12-23-2008, 08:59 PM

what factory limits are you talking about??? From my sig would my HP be alot higher if i used the TNT insted of the Beta 4.2??
Old 12-23-2008, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by justin allan
what factory limits are you talking about??? From my sig would my HP be alot higher if i used the TNT insted of the Beta 4.2??
I reffering to the RP limits.Smarty alone will not ramp the RP higher than 26-27k psi.A pressure box is needed to go higher.Will your hp be higher with the TNT? I don't know.From your sig I would say yes.It would take some playing with the settings to find the sweet spot but I think its possible.The problem with comparing the beta's to the TNT is SOTP feel.I will admit the beta's feel stronger but my clutch says different.I can run beta 4.2 on 9 and it holds but can slip it on TNT/R level 7.Thats says it all to me.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:44 PM

I reffering to the RP limits.Smarty alone will not ramp the RP higher than 26-27k psi.A pressure box is needed to go higher.Will your hp be higher with the TNT? I don't know.From your sig I would say yes.It would take some playing with the settings to find the sweet spot but I think its possible.The problem with comparing the beta's to the TNT is SOTP feel.I will admit the beta's feel stronger but my clutch says different.I can run beta 4.2 on 9 and it holds but can slip it on TNT/R level 7.Thats says it all to me.
Thanks, I tryed TNT but I think my clutch was slipping at that time maybe I will have to try TNT again and see if there is a diff. But yes the 4.2 pulls hard down low, but at the top it allmost seems the same at TNT. Like I said I will have to try it again..