3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

School me on the Raptor 100 pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stealman1
I would like to know why you guys chose the raptor over the air dog? The price difference is not a lot. I am considering one of these and it seems like to me that the air dog is a better choice.
I will end up with a raptor pump down the road and will not chosse the filter version. Like Mikey B I prefer the other possibilites for filtration, based on flow rates, micron ratings, and water separation.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by stock03
Is it an easy intall? I'd rather not remove my bed because I just installed
5th wheel rails.

I'll give a report tomorrow evening after I install it.

MikeyB
Old 10-05-2008, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyB
I'll give a report tomorrow evening after I install it.

MikeyB

Cool, thanks. I need to do this before my next camping trip. My truck has a slight miss once in a while.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:16 PM

Ok, it's on. Pretty straight forward for the install. All the parts needed is in the kit.

For me the hardest part is routing the fuel line from the pump to the tank. Not a real good way of routing the line so it's pretty much laying on top of the tank. Did wrap the fuel line with plastic loom where it makes contact with the crossmember. The rest of the routing went smoothly and the electrical connection is straight forward (and the easiest part of the install).

Only one issue for me, the bolts for the mounting bracket. The shank on the bolts are slightly longer than the width of the frame, so I had to use washers to take up the extra length. Also the bracket made contact with the subframe on the cab body, so I used a large screwdriver and a hammer to tweak the metal for clearance.

The pump works great. Slightly louder than the stock lift pump while standing outside the cab but can't be heard when the engine is running from inside the cab.

Now it's time to load the TNT program back on!

MikeyB
Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 PM

Glad to hear it went well.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, it's on. Pretty straight forward for the install. All the parts needed is in the kit.

For me the hardest part is routing the fuel line from the pump to the tank. Not a real good way of routing the line so it's pretty much laying on top of the tank. Did wrap the fuel line with plastic loom where it makes contact with the crossmember. The rest of the routing went smoothly and the electrical connection is straight forward (and the easiest part of the install).

Only one issue for me, the bolts for the mounting bracket. The shank on the bolts are slightly longer than the width of the frame, so I had to use washers to take up the extra length. Also the bracket made contact with the subframe on the cab body, so I used a large screwdriver and a hammer to tweak the metal for clearance.

The pump works great. Slightly louder than the stock lift pump while standing outside the cab but can't be heard when the engine is running from inside the cab.

MikeyB

Cool! I'll order mine soon and get mine installed ASAP.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MikeyB

Congrats MikeyB! Sounds like a nice pump. I prob won't get to see you this year at HRP.....gonna stay close to home. Next time I see you I want to check it out. I did hear one on another truck one day and it seemed pretty loud. Curious, what made you choose it over the Walbro?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Congrats MikeyB! Sounds like a nice pump. I prob won't get to see you this year at HRP.....gonna stay close to home. Next time I see you I want to check it out. I did hear one on another truck one day and it seemed pretty loud. Curious, what made you choose it over the Walbro?

Hey Robert,

The reason I picked the Raptor over the Walbro is no external regulator or fuel return line to mess with. Plus the original fuel line is completely out of the picture and is replaced by 1/2" ID fuel lines.

I won't be able to make it HRP this Saturday either.

MikeyB