3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Saftey Measures

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saftey Measures & Boxes

Which box has the most saftey measures the Edge juice w/ Att or the Bully Dog tripple dog w/ outlook? Also, has anyboy stacked these two boxes with a stock fuel pump? Last of all, is it worth the $$$ to get the Xzillaraider XZT and use it with the Juice or is it more worth wile to save up for the TST?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:23 AM

I recommend running an aftermarket Lifter Pump (FASS, AIR DOGG) I was using a Quad standard and it seems that the stock Injector pump couldnt take the 100hp. I had to put the truck back to stock and leave it at the dealership for about a week. They covered it although they had suspisions. Good luck with whatever you choose. Ill be getting another box once i get a pump in there.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry I'm going to build my trans to suit!! I cannot see wasting money on a box that defuels at the slightest hint of being overpowered!!!

I may spend extra but it will be right the first time guaranteed!!

Rick
Old 12-16-2005, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by runamuk
Sorry I'm going to build my trans to suit!! I cannot see wasting money on a box that defuels at the slightest hint of being overpowered!!!

I may spend extra but it will be right the first time guaranteed!!

Rick
Ofcourse I plan to upgrade my tranny my first but I am still curious about the boxes because I can get a good deal on the Xzillaraider and was debating on buying it and installing it after I upgrade my tranny. By the way, will a stock 03 tranny be able to support 400 hp with a TC and valve body or do I have to do the works (input/output shaft, flex plate etc.)
Old 12-16-2005, 02:10 PM

if your worried about money, then keep your truck stock. Having what you are looking for is going to cost $$$ and lots of it. The transmission itself is 3k+ and thats not including the turbo upgrade you need plus the box, and all the other stuff just to use the power!

What I am doing is slowly getting to that point. I only have the edge juice. because i know my truck wont be able to handle much more. Then when I upgrade my tranny and turbo, then I will sell the edge and get my TST stack. If you want to do it all at once, then do a search and do it right the first time. But if you dont have the ability to do it all at once, then work yourway up!