3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

RWHP Guestimations...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:12 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree as well! Sweet rig

I am cookin up some mean stix for DWiggs hot rod over the weekend.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we placing bets on numbers? Whoever can get it closest? I am going to say 760hp with the water/meth around 1600 trq.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned

Puttin your truck on a dyno means nothing all dyno's say something different there are to many variables. The only way to know forsure is an engine dyno, You see trucks that dyno 850 hp then can't break out of the 14 in the quarter. And on top of all of this if it isn't up to par the excuses start to roll in.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Don M
I agree as well! Sweet rig

I am cookin up some mean stix for DWiggs hot rod over the weekend.
GO DON!!!!!!

JD- You are VERY right; but for now it will be all I can do! My manual will have more to do with slow times than my engine most likely. It will take many runs to perfect the shifting.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
GO DON!!!!!!

JD- You are VERY right; but for now it will be all I can do! My manual will have more to do with slow times than my engine most likely. It will take many runs to perfect the shifting.
Forget shifting start it in 1st then go to 6th and let it do the rest of the work!
Old 12-01-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Forget shifting start it in 1st then go to 6th and let it do the rest of the work!
Now that I would LOVE to see. Can you even imagine the smoke!!
Old 12-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

Are you going to have to remove the outer rim and tire to dyno?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Are you going to have to remove the outer rim and tire to dyno?
Don't know. I have not decided nor have I gone to dyno itself. I shouldn't HAVE to if they dyno semi's but we shall see.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned

ALLLLRIGHT ENOUGH!!! When is that baby goona hit the DYNO?? I am like a kid in front of the "mommy why are those women naked" rack at the book store???? I wanna know when is OPTIMUS goona hit they dyno??? I need exact day and when to be sitting at the computer to read the final numbers????? I am curious to see how your well invested money turns out? I do think you will get better number's just rolling one rear tire and not two but if you get a chance do both!!!

Keep up the good work D...

Shane
Old 12-01-2006, 10:34 PM

That IS a very nice ride there Wiggs....

I for one can't wait to see the numbers....

Hope you don't void the warranty...

Hay
Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by HayHauler1
That IS a very nice ride there Wiggs....

I for one can't wait to see the numbers....

Hope you don't void the warranty...

Hay
I didn't void my warranty because my dealer did all of the work!!

Optimus will hit the dyno in about two weeks; when the H20/Meth and all are on.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:51 PM

Maddog Madden, Not too much offence to ATS but they told me they have a streetable truck that makes over 90psi of boost on their ported big valve head that makes over 1000hp.....But it probably has Don's injector nozzles not theirs.

To make 1000hp you need at least 75% more fueling in an efficient spray pattern than the stock CP3 with 3 times the volume of air or two times plus nitrous and the intake air at the intake horn must be no higher than stock plus enough water flowing to not melt the pistons.

I have 230% fueling, about twice the air flow at stock EGT's and only a little squirt of water and I'm sure I didn't get over 850hp even though I got 80 plus PSI of boost at the intake. If your engine doesn't sound like a cross between a big block top fuel dragster and a fighter jet then you aren't making over 700hp. When my truck lights the big turbo and it goes above 60psi....It is so wickedly violent sounding only a crazy person wouldn't be scared. It's awesome. ON the dyno....at less than 50psi...it sounds like a grocery getter. Check the high horsepower list if it is still in the competition section. The over 700 club is a very small family for us 3rd gens. K.S.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
Maddog Madden, Not too much offence to ATS but they told me they have a streetable truck that makes over 90psi of boost on their ported big valve head that makes over 1000hp.....But it probably has Don's injector nozzles not theirs.

To make 1000hp you need at least 75% more fueling in an efficient spray pattern than the stock CP3 with 3 times the volume of air or two times plus nitrous and the intake air at the intake horn must be no higher than stock plus enough water flowing to not melt the pistons.

I have 230% fueling, about twice the air flow at stock EGT's and only a little squirt of water and I'm sure I didn't get over 850hp even though I got 80 plus PSI of boost at the intake. If your engine doesn't sound like a cross between a big block top fuel dragster and a fighter jet then you aren't making over 700hp. When my truck lights the big turbo and it goes above 60psi....It is so wickedly violent sounding only a crazy person wouldn't be scared. It's awesome. ON the dyno....at less than 50psi...it sounds like a grocery getter. Check the high horsepower list if it is still in the competition section. The over 700 club is a very small family for us 3rd gens. K.S.

Was the ATS truck running the same twins I have??
Old 12-03-2006, 12:10 AM

I think the off-the-shelf set of twins is the biggest thing holding you back, D.Wiggs, they just don't flow enough air for 800 hp. I think that maybe if you upgraded your turbos to bigger ones, then maybe you could crack the 800 mark.

just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone
Old 12-03-2006, 01:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
D - I still think you need some hydrazine, and a serious shot of nitrous....

and if you don't trust hydrazine, at least consider nitromethane!

Quick Reply: RWHP Guestimations...