3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

RWHP Guestimations...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol
thats what I was thinking,, maybe even 275

Kevin

btw you going to olds on the 9th?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XLR8R
The further the mass is away from the axis of rotation, the harder it is to accelerate (more potential inertia to overcome). Of course, in your example, one disc weighs more, so it'd be harder to accelerate.

An interesting example: 20" alloy rims with low-profile rubber, say 45 series, and 16" alloy rims with 75 series tall sidewalls.... which one will take less energy to rotationally accelerate? The answer may surprise you.
The answer to your question: the 16" take less energy.
I didn't say the disk that weighs more takes more energy to accelerate. That's the one that takes less energy. Here's an even better example. Say we have the sames disks as I mentioned before. Make the one with the center cut out (already lighter) alluminum. It still takes more energy to angularly accelerate than the much heavier solid 20" steel disk.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:00 PM
chw

I'de say 750 or close to lmills yall have the same set up. So DonM, I ordered your helix 2 w/springs and hellfires and a PPE dual fueler kit. Do your think I will have 800 with the dual pumps??
Old 11-30-2006, 01:06 PM

What dyno are you going to be on?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by drolex
For example, say we have two disks made of steel 1 inch thick and 20 inches in diameter. One disk is solid steel. The other one has the center (maybe 16 inches diameter) cut out leaving 2 inches around the outside. The solid steel disk takes less energy to rotate!
Well, it sounds like you're saying that the solid steel disc, which weighs more, takes less energy to rotate than the other, lighter disc with the center cut out. This of course would defy several laws of physics...

Originally Posted by drolex
The answer to your question: the 16" take less energy.
I didn't say the disk that weighs more takes more energy to accelerate. That's the one that takes less energy. Here's an even better example. Say we have the sames disks as I mentioned before. Make the one with the center cut out (already lighter) alluminum. It still takes more energy to angularly accelerate than the much heavier solid 20" steel disk.
BTW - the answer to my query is not knowable without numbers to plug into the equations.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:57 PM

When I was on the dyno I had 33's on 20's... I was told if I put the stock wheels/tires on, the gain would be very minimal.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDually
I have no dyno exp, but what ive read, but Id put the stock tires back on to dyno, and leave the outside duals off, if its true that they may break lose on the dyno.
This is exactly what I was going to recommend.

Originally Posted by Luken
When I was on the dyno I had 33's on 20's... I was told if I put the stock wheels/tires on, the gain would be very minimal.
You're probably right, but D.'s wheels are much larger and much heavier than a 33. The difference on his rig will be much more significant.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:10 PM

There is a Big Rig Cummins place next to Kenworth of Columbus that has a dyno. I will be on it.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
This is exactly what I was going to recommend.

You're probably right, but D.'s wheels are much larger and much heavier than a 33. The difference on his rig will be much more significant.
You really think that my SEMI wheels and tires (H rated) would be heavier than some E rated wheels and tires that are 4-8" smaller ??
NO WAY!!

I am selling my stockers so, if they are gone prior to the dyno day then it will have to be done with just two rear wheels!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Chapter President

You should at least be hot on the heels of whomever has the highest dyno numbers on this site.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
You should at least be hot on the heels of whomever has the highest dyno numbers on this site.
I would seriously hope so!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
I recently purchased a HD video camera so I will record it in 1080i and Dolby Digital!!!

when you get the shots, send me a disc and i will butcher together a video for you, i have some new soundtrack ideas for that truck. maybe something like the star wars theme.

take stills, videos, etc. as high resolution as you can. aim the camera at the computer monitor during one of the runs.

and i'd say somewhere above 289whp.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
when you get the shots, send me a disc and i will butcher together a video for you, i have some new soundtrack ideas for that truck. maybe something like the star wars theme.

take stills, videos, etc. as high resolution as you can. aim the camera at the computer monitor during one of the runs.

and i'd say somewhere above 289whp.
No problem! And I think only over 289 on the H20/Meth
Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

since we cant agree on the hp level can we all agree that his truck
IS ONE BAAAAAAAAADDDDD TRUCK!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigdattydiesel
since we cant agree on the hp level can we all agree that his truck