3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Rock Krawler Long Tavel Kits are unreal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock Krawler Long Tavel Kits are unreal!!!

For all you high performance suspension gurus, I recommend checking out Rock Krawler suspensions as another alternative to Carli, Thuren and Kore. They are the only company im my mind that makes a true long travel high end radius arm setup. Nothing against the other companies there products are amazing as well, but for those who want more than 3'' out of there top dollar lift kits this company is a nice option. I just upgraded to there long travel radius arms and they are sick and I now have 12" of plush travel!! Similar to the Donahoe long travel 4-link for the fords. But you do have to cut off your stock lower radius arm bracket, the new bracket bolts about 12" further down the frame, In the future I am planning on upgrading to there massive 5"-8" adjustable coilovers for the front, its pretty hard to beat the performance of a high quality properly valved coilover. Also check out there rear 4-link coilover conversion kit for the rear end of our trucks, nice alternative to Deavers. So check em out, great customer service!! www.rockkrawler.com
Old 02-12-2007, 07:28 PM

I thought the bracket for the radius arm welded to frame. Do you have it installed yet? I would really like to see pictures of frame mount if at all possible. I've been interested in a radius arm such as Rockkrawler's for awhile now. I know Thuren is working on a long arm kit for the 3rd gen.. He actually bought a 3rd gen. truck recently and now has his own guinnea pig for development.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:08 PM

The older kits LT radius arm brackets needed to be welded to the frame, there new kit it redesigned to be bolted to the frame. The new kit is shown on there website. Give them a call. I will post some pictures soon.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:34 PM

Ya, I just checked out they're website, they don't even show the radius arm kits anymore. All the kits now include upgraded 4-link systems. Very cool!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 PM

do you have any pics of the installed product?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Question

For all you Ram 2500 4x4 owners with 6 to 8 inches of lift that are stuck with factory replace short arms, there is finally an answer. The Rock Krawler Racing Development long arm 4 link upgrade will make your Ram Heavy Duty handle, perform, and ride like a dream! The system features adjustable lower control arms made from 2.0" solid alloy steel and front uppers made from 1 5/8" solid alloy steel. The 4 link long arm mounts are made from 1/4" thick laser cut steel. All hard parts are backed by our Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty!

System Benefits:
1) Better ride quality and handling.

2) Better off road ability.

3) Adjustable and serviceable upper and lower control arms.

System Includes:
(2) adjustable front lower control arms made from 2.0" solid alloy steel, (2) adjustable front upper control arms made from 1 5/8" solid alloy steel, (2) long arm mounts made from 1/4" thick laser cut steel, hardware and detailed instructions
Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 PM

Old tech......I've had radius arms and 12" of travel for over 2 years. I'd never go back to 4 link. As a side note, I run about 2-2.5* of caster and I haven't had death wobble since I ditched the 4 link.

My RA's are bolt on, but I have a 2nd gen. There's a hole in the frame where I can get in to bolt up the frame mounts, not so on the fully boxed 3rd gen frames.

I'll throw something else out there, a lot of the performance guys have shied away from coil overs on the front of the Dodge.....if you break a spring seat, you're dead in the water. Much harder to rip a coil bucket out.

Not slamming Rock Krawler's stuff by any means, I haven't seen it up close or run it myself, but I'm curious why they run a 10" travel shock up front with 8" of lift when Carli, KORE and even Lorenz are running a 10" travel shock with only +3" of ride height. I run a 12" 2.5 with +6" ride height. Something is limiting the travel.......

And the upper shock mount for the fronts looks a little skinny for supporting the weight of the truck plus compression dampening, hard to tell from the picture. I'd also suggest ditching the heim on the axle end of the track bar in favor of a nylon/poly/delrin bushing, keeps the heims from hammering as bad and really cuts down on NVH transmitted through the steering. The rear system is pretty cool, but with what appears to be a dual rate coil over, forget about carrying or towing anything unless you can figure out how to rig up some air bags.

All in all, I'd say it's way better than any of the other "box kit" stuff out there and a good option for anybody that wants the 8" of additional ride height, but I wouldn't put their stuff up against Carli, Thuren or KORE. They're all fitting 37's with +3" of ride height and no rub......
Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 AM

Well said. What arms are you running, and what are CSS coils? Your truck seems pretty amazing. Would like to know more info. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Old tech......I've had radius arms and 12" of travel for over 2 years. I'd never go back to 4 link. As a side note, I run about 2-2.5* of caster and I haven't had death wobble since I ditched the 4 link.

My RA's are bolt on, but I have a 2nd gen. There's a hole in the frame where I can get in to bolt up the frame mounts, not so on the fully boxed 3rd gen frames.

I'll throw something else out there, a lot of the performance guys have shied away from coil overs on the front of the Dodge.....if you break a spring seat, you're dead in the water. Much harder to rip a coil bucket out.

Not slamming Rock Krawler's stuff by any means, I haven't seen it up close or run it myself, but I'm curious why they run a 10" travel shock up front with 8" of lift when Carli, KORE and even Lorenz are running a 10" travel shock with only +3" of ride height. I run a 12" 2.5 with +6" ride height. Something is limiting the travel.......

And the upper shock mount for the fronts looks a little skinny for supporting the weight of the truck plus compression dampening, hard to tell from the picture. I'd also suggest ditching the heim on the axle end of the track bar in favor of a nylon/poly/delrin bushing, keeps the heims from hammering as bad and really cuts down on NVH transmitted through the steering. The rear system is pretty cool, but with what appears to be a dual rate coil over, forget about carrying or towing anything unless you can figure out how to rig up some air bags.

All in all, I'd say it's way better than any of the other "box kit" stuff out there and a good option for anybody that wants the 8" of additional ride height, but I wouldn't put their stuff up against Carli, Thuren or KORE. They're all fitting 37's with +3" of ride height and no rub......
I know that you are running RA's and Thuren is building RA's so there must be some benefit to switching. My question is, how is it that you see an improvement over the dodge 4 link when switching to radius arms, when the ford guys, who have radius arms from the factory, are switching to 4 links and seeing an improvement?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:17 AM

Does anybody have any pictures of the rockkrawler long arm kits on a truck? Are they both long arms, or does it just use the lower control arm bracket for the new top locaction and then some new brackets for the bottom???????????????????????
Old 02-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Banned

I could get anyone a pic just pm me your e-mail address.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:59 AM

I'd like to add that if your goal is to go fast offroad then the Rock Krawler kit is not for you. But that should be apparent just by reading the name...Rock Krawler

If you want to go fast in the dirt stick with Don and Sage.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 PM

does the rock krawler kit offer anything to eliminate the front driveline vibrations the are associated with any lift higher than 6"?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:30 AM

darrenb, No, the RK site actually has a note about driveline vibration and something about they'll re-work your front driveline for 300 and some odd bucks. Anything over 5-6" on a 3rd gen you really need to look at clocking the t-case.

zander79, thanks. I'm running DT/Profab RA's and CSS is Coil Spring Specialties.

Boz, I have no idea other than the OEM Ford RA's don't have much caster adjustment to compensate for additional ride height, and the way they're configured requires a drop bracket at the frame end.....they're pretty much dead straight longitudinally (is that a word??) so to add additional ride height without dropping the pivot point would throw a whole lot of negative caster into the front, and it wouldn't drive very well.

After going from 4 link to RA's, I can't imagine why someone would go the other way.....but then again, I'm kinda biased at this point
Old 02-14-2007, 07:17 AM

I'd just really like to get a kit like the old Dick Cepek long arm kits that you can put on 2nd gens.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Long Tavel Kits are unreal!!!