3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Road Armor Bumpers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djgaston
Man, I wish you had stopped by. I'd like to see that truck sometime.

The titan guard adds some money but I am still getting wholesale pricing on the bumpers. They may just be doing this for me, I don't know. I asked about being sponsored and they could not do that, but said they would sell me the three bumpers at wholesale. I did buy one bumper at them at full price in the past.
Can I get in on that deal, I could round up some cash.....
Old 05-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigDan
Can I get in on that deal, I could round up some cash.....
For you, yeah. I don't want to host a group buy or anything but let me know what bumper you want and I'll get Mark to add it to my order. I've already placed the order so you have like a week to get the money, and they do accept credit cards. Shipping is still quite a bit of money, about $250 I think. Probably less for you since they are coming from Washington State.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would be curious to know what Big Dan's wreck would have been like if he had had one of these bumpers (any of them) on the front of his 99 truck. Would it have made any difference in his injuries (good or bad) or the truck? I would think it would have to help some.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:01 AM

With an impact like that, I would guess that it probably wouldn't have helped much if any. The force would have probably torn the frame where it attaches to the bumper.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:28 AM

Installed my RoadArmor Stealth a couple weeks ago. Website says it weighs about 145#. It has to be real close to that. I could lift and carry it around. The Stealth is the one without the gaudy grill guard. This one weighs about the same as the DOR w/ grill guard I had on my 2nd gen. Easy install as well.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned

Steve, can you explain what the brackets are like? The ones for my 2nd gen were beefy but the way they bolted to the frame was not very good, and allowed the bumper to tilt up and down. The brackets looked like a C-shape and they bolted to the frame on the side, and then the bumper bolted to them on the front. I have a picture somewhere, I'll try to find it and post it. I upgraded the bolt sizes and they still would not hold the bumper when I would drop the truck on rocks, or like one time I lifted the truck with a forklift on the bumper and it slipped a few inches. Crushed my fender. Anytime I used the winch, it would tweak the bumper. Just wondering if the new brackets are any better. I imagine they are different because of the different frames. I'll probably still weld them on after I get the bumper lined up.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:24 PM

Thumbs up

Well I too like the RA front bumper t-II and wish i could get in on that deal,any chance drop me a line, with the new bed on my rig it is begging for it,and the best news is that my better half is in total agreement IMHO the Road Armor T-II with the 2" reciver in white will be on my truck soon,sooner if djgaston lets me in
Old 05-05-2006, 10:07 PM

I'll ahve to post up some pics off my other computer. I have some pictures of a Ferd F250 with a road armor that slams into the back of a volvo... RA1 : Volvo0 The RA got a small scratch, the trunk of the volvo was in the backseat
Old 05-06-2006, 01:17 PM

cant wait to see that...
Old 05-06-2006, 01:51 PM

Here is the Ferd (road armor front and rear bumpers)...his truck got sandwhiched between a SUV and a volvo

SUV that rear ended him

Good ole volvo

Check out the dudes bumpers..no dents or nothin, just some scratches
Old 05-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned

Yeah, any vehicle with a frame and a metal bumper is going to defeat a unibody plastic car. Cool pics.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:38 PM

thats great it looks like the RA bumper shifted a little.. but still crushed the volvo...
Old 05-06-2006, 07:02 PM

cant wait till i get mine can readjust it any time but no repair shop, priceless..
Old 05-07-2006, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ripper01
thats great it looks like the RA bumper shifted a little.. but still crushed the volvo...
I think its the picture...the owner on tdr said it was fine, just a few scratches
Old 05-07-2006, 02:00 AM

I have the full "over-the hood" setup and rear tire carrier setup on my H2. In fact, you will find it on their website (it's the yellow one). I Love their products but they are (1) INSANELY PRICEY!!! and (2) take FOREVER to be completed. I think when all was said and done it was like 8-10 weeks and about $15,000 installed. This included the LED package, 12K hydaulic winch, etc etc.

Bottom Line:

Great Stuff
Huge Price
Long Wait
If you can afford to do it and wait, get it. You won't regret it.

Quick Reply: Road Armor Bumpers...