3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Road Armor Bumpers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 67Charger383HP
I like them too, however I have been watching their prices this last year and a half and they appear to have gone up in price substantially.
prices of steel keep going up
Old 05-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned

Those off road allyoy bumpers are not chrome I believe that they are polished aluminum, and I think they weigh like 110 pounds. I think!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:14 PM

Offroad alloys were my first choice for looks till i saw their freaking prices. I ordered a buckstop with the baja guard and it was suppossed to be within a week but they had some problems and im now another 2-3 weeks out. . will post a pic when i get er on!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Road Armor bumper was about 200 lbs. The one I just ordered is lighter than that because the diesel doesn't have a body lift. They do not make them lighter for lifted trucks. The only modification they make is for body lifts.
Of course, the price and weight goes up if you get all of that jungle gym crap on them. I just get the stealth series.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:49 PM

nice but too much $$$$ for me
Old 05-03-2006, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
those prices on the offroadalloys are rediculous.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:48 PM

I built mine in about 20 hours of cutting and welding. The materials cost about $300 for two bumpers and my tailgate. I haven't finished the bumper completely. The Core is a 5/8 web and 3/4 inch plate I beam. I hit a deer on both sides so far and it bent back about an 1/8 on one side at the very top. It is strong for aluminum. Some say its fugly and it does need some finish work. When I decide on the way to finish it and put the driving light holes in it will look better. It looks way better in person than in pictures, but I did it for function an I don't mind a fugly truck. No body pulls in front of me on in town anymore that is for sure. ks
Old 05-03-2006, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
I built mine in about 20 hours of cutting and welding. The materials cost about $300 for two bumpers and my tailgate. I haven't finished the bumper completely. The Core is a 5/8 web and 3/4 inch plate I beam. I hit a deer on both sides so far and it bent back about an 1/8 on one side at the very top. It is strong for aluminum. Some say its fugly and it does need some finish work. When I decide on the way to finish it and put the driving light holes in it will look better. It looks way better in person than in pictures, but I did it for function an I don't mind a fugly truck. No body pulls in front of me on in town anymore that is for sure. ks
its BIG
Old 05-04-2006, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by abc4yew
I like it and have not even seen it yet.

Good job!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned

WOW... It it just me or doesnt it seem EVERY Bumper thread ends up the same way. Someone will start a thread asking about a certian bumper and in no time it turns into an all out, "try my brand X bumper there awsome and cheaper" or there too expensive build your own.....

Geeze....

People always ask about Road Armor bumpers because there the only GOOD LOOKING bumper out there. All the other's are way over done designed to kill large game on the highway. I, like most people will be getting the RA stealth series. I will be using it to house my winch and PIAA lights. You will need to lift your truck so it doesnt look lame. I wont post pics but you can get the picture of a giant 300lb off road style bumper hanging off of a stock truck. So please lift your rig.

I will be getting one as soon as I get some extra $$$. If you go to the RA site they list the stealth for less then $1,500, so I dont know why there mass confusion on the price....
Old 05-04-2006, 03:10 PM

I can't stop thinking that all of these offroad bumpers are tasteless and way, way overpriced.

Andy
Old 05-04-2006, 03:47 PM

I ordered the Stealth w/ Titan II Guard along with the standard rear bumper. The shipping weight including the 8' pallet was 450 lbs. I later added the Kore suspension and went with their special heavier duy coils made for bumpers like these. Awesome setup.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:50 PM

i think i am going with the stealth series but i wonder how it would look with jus a levelin kit.. anyone have pics??
Old 05-04-2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by BigDan
So please lift your rig.
Maybe you could lift it high enough to go over animals and avoid an expensive animal impact.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by realsquash
I can't stop thinking that all of these offroad bumpers are tasteless and way, way overpriced.

Andy

Just as tasteless as the way, way overpriced factory intercooler and all the other stuff in front and behind it.

Quick Reply: Road Armor Bumpers...