3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Rize Industries Announced their new Dodge lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The drop bracket is a two fold production. It replaces the factory transfercase crossmember to hold the now indexed t-case as well as relocate the lower control arms. Because the t-case is indexed, it uses the factory front drive shaft and is almost at factory angles. I guess we will see how the upper control arm brackets hold up.

The truck is not finished just yet, there are traction bars and billet front control arms coming. From what they said the kit will be able to be purchased in seperate part numbers. If you don't want the steering, don't order it, if you don't want to index the t-case, don't, just replace the front drive shaft, etc...This is just the bits and pieces that I remember from the conversation we had with them yesterday, so don't hold me to them.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Alligator your bros truck is sick. Make sure you break it in right for him (and then post a video of said break-in on youtube) lol
Old 09-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Banned

Nice truck!!!!

What wheels and sizes are they running??? 37's and 22's???
Old 09-15-2007, 05:31 PM

Rize makes good stuff for the ford trucks but im really disappointed with this. If you're gonna drop some bucks on a kit like this, get rid of the short arms. I like the indexed case and whatnot but they needed to incorporate that into a long arm system instead of drop brackets for the short arms. Oh well, i'll be getting most of my stuff from thuren anyway.

^ Woohoo, post number 1,000.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boz007
Rize makes good stuff for the ford trucks but im really disappointed with this. If you're gonna drop some bucks on a kit like this, get rid of the short arms. I like the indexed case and whatnot but they needed to incorporate that into a long arm system instead of drop brackets for the short arms. Oh well, i'll be getting most of my stuff from thuren anyway.

^ Woohoo, post number 1,000.
Can't beat Thuren's stuff with a peice of pipe!!!! Lol.... Yeah I'm a Thuren cheerleader!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Can't beat Thuren's stuff with a peice of pipe!!!! Lol.... Yeah I'm a Thuren cheerleader!!!!
Yeah ive been pushing his stuff for along time now. Not as long as Cowhand but longer than most. I just wish i could afford most of it.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned

Yeah ive been pushing his stuff for along time now. Not as long as Cowhand but longer than most. I just wish i could afford most of it.
Lol... I hear ya... I need a tranny then maybe some supsension goodies!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Lol... I hear ya... I need a tranny then maybe some supsension goodies!!!!
My trannies taken care of. I need a new job so i can get the suspension stuff, a couple turbos, couple pumps, some injectors, studs, mp-8, new wheels, some bumpers....
Old 09-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

My trannies taken care of. I need a new job so i can get the suspension stuff, a couple turbos, couple pumps, some injectors, studs, mp-8, new wheels, some bumpers....
Got me on that one!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^]

I was just on Thuren's website, and I can tell you, I am not impressed with their stuff. On their Superduty 4" kit, they are using single shear mounts. Single shear is NOT a good thing especially on a heavy truck like a diesel.

Here is a pic of shingle shear from Thuren website on teh upper shock mount:

Another on the lower shock mount

And here is how it should be done:

and another:

I am not saying the Rize kit is all that, I agree with everyone's comments on the short arm's. All I am saying is that Thuren needs some work too.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:50 PM

^^^^ I agree single shear mounts are death waiting to happen...I am real surprised to see that Dons only running single shear..
Old 09-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 53 ******
^^^^ I agree single shear mounts are death waiting to happen...I am real surprised to see that Dons only running single shear..

Hey 53, I sent you a PM last night thanking you for the link for my problem I was having (or THOUGHT I was having) Thanks again!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:24 PM

That looks gross!
Nothing worse on a 4x4 than a big lifted up truck, big over-sized wheels and low profile tires!

(But that's just my 2¢)
Old 09-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
That looks gross!
Nothing worse on a 4x4 than a big lifted up truck, big over-sized wheels and low profile tires!

(But that's just my 2¢)

Tell us how you really feel
Old 09-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by SSminnow
I was just on Thuren's website, and I can tell you, I am not impressed with their stuff. On their Superduty 4" kit, they are using single shear mounts. Single shear is NOT a good thing especially on a heavy truck like a diesel.

Here is a pic of shingle shear from Thuren website on teh upper shock mount:

Another on the lower shock mount

I am not saying the Rize kit is all that, I agree with everyone's comments on the short arm's. All I am saying is that Thuren needs some work too.

Don doesn't do a SD kit....that was a one off that Don did. I don't see anything wrong with it....it's only a single 2.0 on a leaf sprung truck, the compression valving in that shock is somewhat light in order to get that spring to move. It'll be on the bump before anything breaks. With anything bigger than a 2.0 I'd agree, double shear is a must.

As for the Rize kit......lots of pretty brackets and whatnot, but it looks like they followed the same concept as the Chevy kits, which is to basically drop the lower suspension components with relocation brackets. Doesn't look like it'd articulate too well based on the distance between the upper and lower, and I'm not a big fan of the upper link relocation brackets either.

Hard to say without some more detailed pictures, but I'd have to say if they'd put their effort into making this a long arm system, it'd be a pretty nice kit.

If we're talking mall crawler/pavement queen, I think it'll work just fine with 20" wheels.

Quick Reply: Rize Industries Announced their new Dodge lift